Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
  • Pool
$43
$40
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$37
Agoda.com
$67
$62
1,628 results
All reviewswest lakethe club loungespg platinumfree shuttleold quarterbit datedlake viewquiet areabreakfast buffetan upgradefitness centertaxi rideupgraded to a suitetravel deskhotel is locatedhalong baythe hustle and bustle
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The location is not in the heart of the city, but it is very simple and inexpensive to get to many centrally located restaurants and sites, only 5-10 minutes away. The staff were very friendly and ancknowledged by SPG Gold status, which is usually hit or miss overseas. We had an incredible view of the lake, and a very comfortable room. Overall, definitely recommend it, and was a great value for the points used to stay here.

Room Tip: If you decide you do not need the hotel breakfast, about a 1-2 block walk from the hotel is a small little patisserie called Saint Honore that has some amazing croissants and pan au chocolat. It's like eating in a Parisian patisserie.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear “Brandon B”,

Thank you for writing a review of the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. As you have pointed out, the hotel is not located in the city centre but slightly away from the hustle and bustle and only a short taxi ride away. It’s great to read that we were able to acknowledge your SPG gold status, we appreciate our SPG gold and give a couple of options to choose from. The views of the lake our very good and you get a clear view of the surrounding area and this gives you an idea of what Hanoi is like.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Everything about the hotel is excellent. Best of all, we made it to our meeting elsewhere with time to spare even though we had only arrived at the hotel from the airport about 1.5 hours prior. That proved the check in was super smooth and taxis were in line waiting on standby. The special care given to Starwood Preferred Guest was really amazing! This is the way how many hotels around the world should emulate especially to loyal and potential loyal guests. I will definitely return to the hotel another time, any time! Well done to the leadership and well done to your front liner staff who should be treated or awarded accordingly as motivation. Thank you for the hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2013
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear “travelparty”,

Thank you for reviewing the Sheraton Hanoi about your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear that everything was excellent for your stay. Travelling for business can be stressful so it’s good to read that you made your meeting on time, especially if you only arrived 1.5 hours prior! Thank you for your kind words about the SPG program and the front office staff. The front office staff work hard to ensure things go smoothly and it’s great to hear that we lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hanoi on your next trip.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Only stayed one day but was impressed with nearly everything this hotel had to offer. I have stayed in Sheraton brand hotels all over the world and have found them to be hit and miss (mostly in the USA) but this Hanoi location was solid throughout.

Both the rooms and bathrooms were huge and well appointed with modern accessories and the usual Sheraton ammenities. The only thing I found that I did not like was the ridiculously steep price they charged for internet access in the rooms. Sorry guy's but $17.40 (USD) per day is price gougeing anyway you slice it.

Like most hotels they have a bussiness center near the lobby which is generally complimentary to paying guests but not here, they charge you $15 USD to use that. They do have free wi fi in the lobby which is fine if all you want to do is check your email on your smartphone but if you need to do any type of real work they have you over a barrel. (I needed to print two documents which ended up costing me $7.50 each!) I would have given this hotel 5 stars had it not been for the "bend me over" internet fee.

The breakfast buffet was excellant with a wide selection of both western and asian cusine as well as fresh made to order omlettes.

The hotel also had an excellant excersise facility, sauna, game room, and a really nice outdoor pool. Overall, I would rate this a first class Sheraton hotel experience, and would recomend to anyone traveling to the Hanoi area.

Room Tip: If given the option choose a room on the side of the hotel faceing the bay, the other side of the hotel offers very little in the way of scenic views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear “outlaw1865”,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. We appreciate your comments and were happy to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. The guest rooms are 37 sqm (398 sq feet) with quite a large bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. The hotel does offer a range of packages that include internet in the rate that lets up to 3 devices connect at the same time.

I am sorry to read your comments about the business centre printing charges, we do offer 5 pages complimentary at the link@sheraton, however for larger documents there is a charge of 40 cents per page for black and white print and U$1 per page for colour printing and these prices similar to other printing places outside the hotel.

It’s great to read your comments about the food in the hotel, our culinary team were extremely happy and your positive feedback helps to motivate them to go the extra step for our guests. The Sheraton fitness is something I don’t get to use as often as I should, but it’s great to read you managed to go during your stay.

For your next visit please feel free to contact me paul.tsuji@sheraton.com so that we can look at your business needs.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was not my first stay in the hotel. In fact I had stayed in Sheraton for a few times.

One would not dispute Sheraton Hanoi is one of the biggest hotel in Hanoi, judging by the numerous events ( both private and government) that are held at the hotel.

In terms of location, the hotel is quite far away from the old town and the Hoan Kien Lake. So be prepare to take a cab if you plan to heading to the old town. If your plan is to spend a lot of time at the old town and Hoan Kien Lake, I would suggest you can choose a hotel located at the old time. There are many hotels around that area or at least walking distance. However, if you want to be away from the mad traffic and crowd, Sheraton will be a good choice.

As for the room wise, I was given a suite but it was located near to kitchen lift and my room, worst on the corridor was so smelly. Furthermore the living room at the suite was so bare and the deco was so 70s and the room was dark. So I spent most of my time in my bedroom which the deco was very woody. In fact, in general the rooms are very old and I think is timely that the hotel seriously need some refurbish, change the dirty old carpets etc.

As for the breakfast area. I noticed the food standard had dropped. Take for example the Pho was pretty awful. The Pho that I tried on the road side was so much better. I don't remember that was the taste I tried a year ago. I also noticed the dishes served now was lesser compared to a year ago.

In term of service, it was okay, though some staff at the front desk and the restaurant was not that friendly. However, I reckon it may just a cultural thingy. :)

Overall, is a nice hotel but if you are to compare with other Sheraton, it still has room for improvement.

Room Tip: Get the room that face the lakeside view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear “chrissing”,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay where we were lacking. As you have kindly pointed out, the hotel is not located in the middle of the city centre and sometimes the hustle and bustle of Hanoi can be overwhelming and therefore it is good to get away to a quieter part of the city. Having said this the hotel is a 10 – 15 minute taxi ride away to the old quarter. The cost of a trip to the city is approx. U$5 or the hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle bus to the tourist locations that leave the hotel 3 times a day.

I am sorry to read your thoughts about the hotel guest rooms, engineering and housekeeping do their best to maintain the rooms and I can assure you that the carpets are regularly cleaned. We will look into your comments about the lighting is the living room of the suite. I have to admit, we do not have any suites that are located near kitchen lift, but I do acknowledge that there was an issue with the corridor smell which has since been fixed.
Your comments about the food especially the Pho has been passed around to the culinary team. They do work hard to ensure all guests are happy, however in this case we didn’t live up to your expectations.

Thank you for your candid feedback as this is a way for us to improve and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hanoi hotel.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Sheraton sits on West Lake so has good views (although grey weather when we were there). It's a good example of Sheraton with fair sized comfortable rooms. Free water provided every day and, although you have to pay to have internet access in the room, there is unlimited access in the lobby. Their steak restaurant is expensive which probably explains why it was empty but their breakfast buffet was great.
We upgraded so we could use the club lounge on the first night - well worth it for the unlimited drinks and snacks which were more like meals.
Would stay again except read our review of the IHG resort next door!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear “Sue G”,

Thank you for posting your review on the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. Thank you for your comments about the good views from the hotel. The rooms are 37 square metres and every room has a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to help you relax after a long day. As the tap water is not recommended for drinking, all rooms have drinking water supplied. The internet access in the room is currently not free, but we do offer a range of packages that have the internet included in the packages. Each room also allows up to 3 devices to be connected at the same time, which covers your smart phone, tablet computer and laptop. We also have free internet in the lobby area and offer 7 computers for guest use at the link@sheraton. I am sorry to read you thought our steakhouse expensive, the quality of meat is hard to come by in Vietnam as we use only the finest grade meat from the US and Australia, but I can assure you we have some of the best steaks in Hanoi.

Thank you for upgrading your stay to the Sheraton Club. The culinary team worked with the club lounge team to ensure that the food is of high quality. The beverages we serve during the evening also help to unwind while looking at the great views of the lake.
We hope that we can look after you again on your next trip to Hanoi.