“Very nice”

Ranked #88 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Kent
“Very nice”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wonderful position away from the hassle and noise took up offer of upgrade to club lounge good value and Thu (hostess) lovely lady as we're all the staff. Had a complaint concerning restaurant and it was sorted straightaway with a very sincere apology, it,s easy to be good when things are going great but it,s how you deal with complaints that sets the okay from the very good. I would stay again here without a moments hesitation

Room Tip: Go for upgrade if offered £35 a night
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear SunbatheKent”,

Thank you for posting this review on tripadvisor. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Hanoi. The hotel is located away from the honking horns and the interesting traffic. I am pleased to hear that you took up the offer to the Sheraton Club lounge, our lounge does have an excellent view over the lake and our staff do their best to ensure everyone is well looked after. I am sorry to hear that there was a complaint about a restaurant, but that our staff were able to deal with the situation in a good way.

Again, I would like to thank you for posting this review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hanoi on your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
BC, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is one of the standard Sheraton hotels with good comfy room, nicely decorated lobby, especially for the Tet New Year, a decent restaurant for breakfast, and in a quiet area. We were on a package tour, so the off centre/downtown location didn't bother us too much. There wasn't many places to visit within walking distance around the neighbourhood that are of interest, except the flower market which was active from 2-6am. But we were told that it wasn't safe to walk there at that time of the night, especially when we were not familiar with the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear “conifers”,

Thank you for spending the time to post a review on tripadvisor. Tet (Chinese New Year) is a special time in Hanoi where there is a lot family celebrations. The city centre gets very busy just before Tet with many families preparing for the family festivities. The hotel celebrates Tet not only with decorations but also by celebrating with the staff on this special time of year.

I am sorry to hear that you did not see some of the interesting things around the hotel, but hotel does have a couple of pagoda’s within walking distance and it is interesting to see some of the fisherman catching the fish around the lake. The flower markets are also interesting however as you have pointed out, they are very early in the morning.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share and post this review. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Hanoi

Hong Kong
Reviewed February 1, 2013

There are plenty of better hotels in Hanoi.

Why does an international 5 star hotel in Vietnam have just two spare electric sockets, both of which only accept UK plugs? It's ridiculous. To make it even worse, the on/off switch is in a non-standard place (at the top), so that when I plugged in my own adaptor it switched off the power. How stupid is that?

My room was also very dark (not enough lights provided), though fortunately I didn't spend much time there.

The bathroom is quite large, but the positioning of the shower next to the toilet is another minor annoyance. More than once I nearly collided with the (open) shower door. I've been in plenty of far smaller bathrooms that don't have this problem.

One more thing - the swimming pool is hidden away in an inaccessible corner of the hotel along dark corridors and you have go via the 4th floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheProbe
Dear “TheProbe”,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. Every hotel room does have an international power board in the room for multiple devices. The power boards are located in the desk drawer and I apologise that you were unable to find the power boards.

I note your comment in regards to the lighting. Whilst I am never proud to know that we have disappointed a guest, I am always grateful for the feedback so that we can react and improve. I am grateful for your comments and apologise for your experience.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family & I spent 4 days over Christmas at the Sheraton. As always we were greeted with a smile and made feel very welcome. Our granddaughter also had a special welcome from one of the head chefs . I can only review on how we were treated and on what I saw. The staff at the Sheraton have a special way of making you happy, we have never found anything to be a problem for them and all requests given with a smile even a roll of sticky tape to put up christmas decorations in our rooms for our granddaughter. Miss Mai Vu & her staff can be very proud of themselves they are the reason we always come back. Its great to see the same driver every year on the shuttle bus and he remembers you. The food is top notch. Also tried out the new tapas bar what a great place to unwind and relax no loud pumping music . As you can guess this is my special place in Hanoi and I will always return for a day or two or more when I visit Vietnam again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear “fitnfifty”,

You are very kind!! Thank you for these kind and gracious remarks – and for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted that you had chosen to spend the festive season with us and that our staff were able to look after you and your family during your stay in Hanoi. Our culinary team work hard to ensure that the food is of a high standard and as you have pointed out, our service team go the extra step to ensure you had a great stay.

Thank you for trying the new “Chime bar”, it’s a good addition to the hotel and has an excellent range of tapas as well as the great thin crust pizza’s.

I would be delighted to know if you should plan a return trip to the Sheraton Hanoi. My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well appointed, away from the bustle of Han oi but only a short taxi drive from the city itself.
Every thing you would expect from a quality hotel.
Rooms very clean and comfortable, staff helpful and polite.
Only downside was the outside pool, the weather was far too cold for us to make use of it.

Room Tip: All rooms well appointed
2 Thank Ann C
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear “Ann C”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. It’s fantastic to read your review of the hotel. The hotel in slightly away from the city centre but as you have pointed out, it is only a short taxi ride away. The staff are the ones that make the difference and I am glad to read that they were helpful and polite. Housekeeping thanks you for your comments about the cleanliness of the room, they have been working hard to ensure that the rooms are always clean. As you have pointed out, the outside pool is a little cool this time of year. In Winter the temperature can drop down to below 10 degrees Celsius so it’s always good to rug up.

, thank you for your great review.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed in a Club room in January 2013. Food, service fantastic. Rooms are tired but clean and comfortable.

Out of Hanoi central - around $USD4 to Hang Gai Street and central shopping areas. Also nice walk from Hotel and great way to explore city. WIFI included and great. Excellent Fitness, spa and sauna facilities.
Close to local restaurants, laundry facility and lake.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the big lake. Watch for smoking floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear “Karen W”,

Thank you for your generous review of the Sheraton Hanoi and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that the hotel service and food was fantastic! The hotel is located right next to the picturesque West Lake, only a 10 – 15 minutes away from the old quarter and around U$5 by taxi. Good for you walking from the hotel to the city. Not many people do this, but it is a great way to see around the hotel and the real city. I’m delighted to read you had an opportunity to use the fitness centre, spa and sauna, it is a little cool this time of year, so getting your body temperature up can help fight off the cold.

I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay at The Sheraton Hanoi. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Stow, Ohio
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is a bit antiquated, but very comfortable and has all the essentials of a nice stay. What sets this place apart is the service. For us, specifically, it was the bell man who met us from our taxi. We were exactly 1 US dollar short of our fare and he took over for us. He did all the communicating and made sure that we were attended to. When I thanked him, he said, "you don't have to thank me, it's my job". He did it all with a smile. It's stuff like this that makes me want to come back to a particular hotel to stay.

Dear “Shanghaisus”

Thanks for your kind words, it’s great to hear that we could set ourselves apart with the service. It’s great to hear that our bellman were able to assist you with the taxi issue!
We hope that we can look after you again on your next stay at the Sheraton Hanoi hotel.

Warmest regards,