Tripadvisor
Hanoi
All reviews external company weekend market outstanding service an overnight stay minute walk old quarter beautiful hotel side street perfect stay excellent breakfast rooms are lovely ninh binh stayed longer room was clean halong bay the hotel staff free upgrade
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

I was treated like a Princess and my 18 year old son was treated like a little emperor. We loved it 4 years ago, but this time was even more amazing. Upscale; Newly renovated; New Management; The friendliest staff on the planet. Our every wish was granted with a smile. The beds were like clouds. The comforters were so soft and warm. Amazing massages at the spa. If we sat in the lobby for more than a second, the bell boy brought water or tea. The modern decor was very chic. The buffet breakfast was delicious. I spent hours at breakfast on the 8th floor just sipping my Vietnamese coffee and writing in my journal as I gazed down at the rooftops and sites of old Hanoi. The location is the best. Hanoi is beautiful, but for me, The Imperial has become the destination. My next trip will not be to go to Hanoi. It will be to return to the Imperial.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

I stayed from 6 Jan to 10 Jan 2020, staff and GM very friendly along my stay, the accomodation and location is good,good location to walk around,room and facilities is OK, but recommend to have some Thai TV program is better.
keep up the great work and good support.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Modem and clean hotel conveniently located at the Old Town area. Restaurants, shopping areas and also the weekend market are within a stone’s throw distance of the hotel.

Staff at the entrance are warm and extremely friendly. This was an important highlight of my stay. When I first entered the hotel we were given a welcome drink (cinnamon tea) and were briefed about Hanoi in general regarding aspects on safety, places to visit and techniques of walking through the busy traffic :)

The general manager (Ian) was very helpful especially with suggestions and arrangements of tours and also airport transfers. However I would advise you to do some prior research before making your booking commitments. That being said, I did book two tours through Ian ( Ninh Binh and also Halong Bay) which were very enjoyable and it was reassuring that we were allowed to settle our payments after completing our tours.

The rooms were very clean and spacious. The first day was marvellous as we were given the welcome fruits :) The TV had plenty of channels and the bed was very wide and comfortable
and there was a functional safety box, a USB outlet (for charging) and a three point socket. The only two setbacks were that firstly there could have been a mirror in the room area that I would have preferred a window to the outside area without necessarily having this as an additional paid option.

The modern bathroom was very clean, had a spacious shower area with excellent water pressure and suitable amenities together with a functioning hair dryer and large mirror. The only minor issue is that the towels could have been more fluffy.

The complimentary buffet breakfast was tasty and strategically located at the roof top. The view from the top was excellent
:) and the times from 6.30am to 10am a comfortable interval.

Overall, Hanoi is a lovely place to visit as it is vibrant, colourful and safe. Imperial Hotel and Spa is a very suitable hotel to stay should you wish to explore the city on foot and to also to conveniently explore the surrounding areas especially if it is your first visit to Hanoi.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I only stayed at the Imperial Hotel for a brief overnight on my way to Ha Long Bay, but I wish I had chosen it for a longer stay! Starting with the very hands-on service at check-in, with lovely tea and snacks, every interaction with the staff was first rate! The location on the west side of the lake was ultimately convenient for a quick walk in the evening and a quick breakfast in the morning. The room was quite spacious and comfortable, with a giant bathro; everything worked very well. Best of all, it was one of the best values during my entire trip!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

This is a great find. Well located, delightful staff, lovely big room by Hà Nội standards, great breakfast and close to the Lake of the returned sword which is particularly interesting at weekend. Room was clean and they kept it that way.
Not going to write a long review, just going to say at the price point you’d do well to find a better hotel than this. Staff also arranged for our luggage to be moved to our second hotel (wish we didn’t move!) so we didn’t have to mess around with taxis.
Thank you to the staff and if we return it’ll be to here.