“Nice staff but very bad breakfast”
Review of Hanoi Zen Hotel

Hanoi Zen Hotel
Hanoi Zen Hotel
Ranked #406 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The staff is very friendly. The hôtel has a good emplacement but it is not in the heart of Hanoi. The room could be better. The bathroom was old. The breakfast was very bad. I think it could be a nice hôtel but there are many efforts to do.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Zen Hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed for two nights at this little gem of a hotel in Hanoi. Alan was the person who greeted us at reception and it really helped that Alan spoke fluent English. This charming little hotel has only 21 rooms and all the rooms are new and Zen like in Decor. The only drawback being that the hotel is a bit far from the Centre of town hence not ideal in terms of location and the bathrooms are tiny, tiny. However @ US$ 45 per night inclusive of taxes and breakfast it was amazing value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Mittra15
Reviewed July 20, 2010

With the Zen Hotel I truly found a home away from home and never wanted to move out again. Traveling the world for business and leisure I have been a lot of places but nowhere I felt home like there. I have stayed there from Dec. 2009 till July 2010 in room 302 and can strongly recommend every single night there. You will be welcomed not only with a smile but with their hearts. It is a wonderful place to discover Hanoi and despite its busy roads you can sleep well in a truly boutique hotel that for such a price and category you will not find elsewhere. You will find all amenities needed and get great help organizing your travel needs and the staff is worldclass. TVs with a large variety of stations, great beds and a new airconditioning system will make even your nights in a real treat. I can warmly recommend the suite on 6th and 7th floor but also the regular rooms. For all of you that will stay at Zen Hotel bring a smile and you will be rewarded with a great stay and who knows maybe you will even find me back in room 302 one day - I just love it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Thomas302
Reviewed July 3, 2010

my parents and i spent 3 nights there and it was great!
feel like you're home, surrounded by people who welcome you :)
i have no issue with online booking, online support, advices via emails, airport pickup/drop arrange :)
we reached hotel just before midnight, exhausted and tired, and the staff offer their help with ordering our supper (dunno from where they ordered). the room was big enough for 3 of us :) clean :) and quiet (read some review about hotel with traffic crowds that might not enable us to have a good rest).
our room was in 4th floor where i could not find the wifi for my iphone, but the connection was nice in hotel lobby :) there's a laptop available for guest in the lobby.
did not know what happened with either my credit cards or the machine, but for short i need to pay in cash, where the only sufficient cash i got was singapore dollar :( but Mr. Hoang was kind of generous man that he accepted my cash. otherwise he might put me in jail (hahaha) as they do not accept other currency than USD/VND.
the staff were superb! Miss Xuka, Mr. Hoang, and others i could not catch the names.
thanks for your hospitality :)

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank ppiglet2001
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Within walking distance to most major attractions in Ha Noi. Staff extremely helpful and friendly - helped book and arrange tours, flights to Hue and Sai Gon, transfers to/from airport and make urgent calls back home. Manager may want to make VN coffee just for you. Staff always followed up to make sure you're ok even when you're travelling in another part of Viet Nam. Breakfast of pho included and best way to start your day.

Room on the 6th floor was very comfortable and cozy. Nice view of the street below and can people/traffic watch. Free comb and toothbrush/paste in case you run out before arrival.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Viet1968
Reviewed May 5, 2010

The hotel is well situated. It is very close to a shopping area and the various street markets.
We stayed in the hotel for 6 days and the service was great all the time. The staff spoke English and was willing to help us on all of our demands. Rooms were clean and of acceptable size. I would recomend it to my friends or family.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peterthetraveller888
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We stayed 4 nights at the Zen hotel, after having stayed there 3 nights last summer. We found the 7th floor rooms extremely comfortable, clean, and the king sized beds with toppers are awesome. The hotel is in a great location and the staff makes it all worth it - they are all wonderful, friendly, helpful and accommodating. They gave us great directions to places and recommendations. We truly enjoyed being there. I found the morning coffee way too strong and bitter, but I see others have liked it, so it's a matter of taste. Free internet service in the rooms was convenient and easy to access. I am very fussy about hotels and generally do not like them, but I was very comfortable staying at Zen Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends