“Fantastic hospitality, great help- they went the extra mile for us”

Hanoi Golden Time Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Golden Time Hotel
Ranked #105 of 362 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hospitality, great help- they went the extra mile for us”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I came here with two other university friends for a post-graduation trip and stayed for two nights.
I couldn't recommend this hotel enough, they were so kind and sweet to us that I felt very touched by their excellent service.
We booked a trip to Halong bay for an overnight stay. This was booked on their recommendation and they managed to score us a $30 discount from the RRP. Our trip was unfortunately not satisfactory- when we told the management of the hotel, not only did the hotel staff repeatedly call to speak to the manager of the tour provider but they contributed towards the refund. They helped us voice our concerns to the tour provider, they called the tour guide over to the hotel to apologise in person and discuss our concerns. They helped us get a partial refund of the trip and were extremely sorry for what happened.

I actually felt bad for the trouble they went to to make us happy. The hotel manager, Tony is a joker and kept joking about marrying me (I am a 21 year old British female traveller) but it was all in good humour. They truly cared for our welfare and went to extraordinary means to make us happy and comfortable.

On the day we returned from Halong Bay, our room at Golden Time was occupied because of difficulties accommodating all the guests from the Typhoon going through SE Asia at the time.
Because we didn't have a room, the staff at Golden Time made sure we had a room at a sister hotel (the company looks after 10 other hotels in Hanoi) and transport there, which they paid for.

Anyway, because of heavy rains from the typhoon it took 1.5 hours to track down a taxi that would take us to the other hotel. We couldn't walk because we had massive rucksacks. Tony, the hotel manager, personally stood outside the entire time and would not leave until he flagged down a cab for us. I am truly touched by their dedication and their hard work.

Upon arriving at the sister hotel, we were taken aback by how nice it was and how well they treated us. We were not charged extra even though we were given a luxurious suite and breakfast included.

Please stay at Golden Time while you are in Hanoi. They will make you feel right at home. It was awesome :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a great time staying here. The stuff is super helpful and friendly (especially tony) and we always got drinks (coffee and water) when we passed the reception.
The rooms are ok, only a bit noisy. It's a short walking distance to the old quarter and hoan kiem lake.

• Stayed August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2011

After landing in Hanoi and requesting our taxi driver to take us to a certain hotel that had been recommended to us we were hijacked and told the hotel had no vacancy and that we would be taken to their 'sister' hotel. I was doubtful of this after visiting Hanoi previously, but decided to not cause a scene. I should have.

Check in was fine, but after that we were harassed constantly about booking Ha Long Bay and Sa Pa trips through them. The reception area was always full of young men who I initially assumed worked there but never appeared to do anything. They stayed up until the early morning making noise and in the morning we had to wake them up for breakfast. The biggest issue we had with them was when we used the phone to make a short international call. After being told it was fine and no charge, they tried to charge my partner US$100 extra at check out and wouldn't return our passports. After I went down to confront them about this he lied and said he meant 100,000 VD!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Reviewed July 5, 2011

On arrival the BOYS in the hotel that seemed to run it were no older than 18/19. They were very nice and agreed a cheap rate for us. When they wanted to keep our passports to "check us in" they went about it the wrong way by insisting we go to our rooms and get them back another day, we had to argue to get out own passports back!
Although the rooms were very nice there was a glass panel on the door which people could see through.
Every morning there would be drilling and banging which woke us up at an unreasonable time (6.30/7.00am).
Every time we came down stairs to the lobby the BOYS wanted to sell us trips which me and my friend agreed that we didn't trust them.
We booked a nice trip to halong bay and when the bus arrived to take us in the morning, I thanked them for having us but got point blank ignored because we did not book the trip with them! Which is also a good job that we settled the bill the previous night... But that was a struggle also as they were having a picnic on the lobby floor and was told to come back later!!!
What a joke!
On the positive the rooms were clean an our beds were made everyday, plus we got fresh towels.

• Stayed June 2011
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I arrived in Hanoi and didn't have anywhere to stay and so stupidly on my part asked the taxi driver to take me somewhere cheap!!! I arrived here a man came running out trying to take bags in, I kept asking the price but was ignored!! Eventually when we got inside he told me the price $15 I said to expensive and attempted to leave. The staff jumped in front of me going on about it being good price blah blah blah!! Anyway I managed to get the room for $10 not bad v nice room clean and spacious didn't get any breakfast though!! Every day the staff were pushing for me to book trips with them, I just didn't trust them so used another agent. We decided to settle our bill on the last night and didn't tell staff what our plans were as they seemed the sort that would overcharge!!! Went to pay and were told not now In the morning!!! I was leavin early and knew they wouldnt be up so had a stand off argument with him about paying a bill!!! The following morning we waited for our bus when it arrived said goodbye and he just ignored us, extremely arrogant and run by kids don't stay here there are far better places in Hanoi!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Limbach-Oberfrohna
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We booked a room at Holidays Hotel om 24 Hang Manh (which I can recommend). Upon arrival with the cab from the airport we were told that the requested hotel is booked out due to some guest staying longer and were brought to this house not far away.
The room we were given was without ac and the bathroom a complete mess. The shower didn't work properly and was verz dirty.
So we decided to take a walk to the original booked hotel and asked about the room and found about the cheating. What a nice way to welcome guests to Hanoi.

So, don't be as stupid as we were and believe no Taxi-drivers. We were cheated by a taxi driver again todaz, it seems to be common policy in Hanoi these days ... what a pitty

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Please don't stay in this hotel!
We have very bad experience. Even worse as described in other reviews. I wish I had checked this site before, so I to knew these people in the hotel can not be trusted. This is the maffia for sure and they will rip you off!
We decided to book a tour to Sapa, Halong Bay and Ninh Binh at the hotel. We only confirmed but didn't pay yet. When we found out the hotel 'brother' charged us illegal tax and we could get same tour for 200 US dollar per person cheaper somewhere else we asked the hotel to cancel the trip. Then things heated up quickly. The staff became aggressive and threatened us that we should pay cancellation fee or else...
It was already getting late, but we decided to check out anyhow, because we didn't feel save anymore. But then it became even worse. At the reception, they didn't want to accept our money to pay for the hotel stay and were about to lock us in the hotel while waiting for the police that they would involve. Of course they didn't call the police...
We managed to escape outside, but soon there was no police but more mafia people, 10-13 big. We didn't see any opportunity to get away. I managed to find some help from two foreigners. But even these guys said this was a terrible and very dangerous situation so suggested us to just pay (250 US dollar, 30% cancellation fee).
So eventually we decided to pay the cancellation fee. We paid for our safety. Though, because of the threats - they said that if we would join the tour with the other tour operator they would ruin it for us - we didn't feel safe to stay in Hanoi anymore. So in the middle of the night we took a taxi to the airport and booked a flight the next morning to Hue. Away from Hanoi and away from this hotel. Too bad, because we were really looking forward to a nice experience in Sapa and other places... It took some time to recover from this.
One advice. Never book your tour in the hotel you stay. And especially not in this golden time hotel. This hotel has ruined our holiday!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple