Book In Advance
Tours from Blue Butterfly Cooking Class tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $55.00
from $45.00
from $32.00
from $39.00
More Info
All reviews market tour chef hung green papaya salad local market spring rolls buy ingredients knife skills private class fun class morning class friendly chef cooking course spend half a day pho bo vietnamese food cooking experience cooking school
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

This cooking class was really the highlight of our visit to Hanoi. We enjoyed the market tour with Duyen then returned to the restaurant and were greeted by our chef. We learned to make green papaya salad, Hanoi spring rolls and chicken with lemongrass and chilli. The food was great. Sometimes a language barrier between ourselves and the chef but he showed us how to do everything and then we could copy. We will have to practice our carrot flowers and tomato swans at home!!

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

I arrived in Hanoi at 8am and needed something to do before my hostel was ready. I booked into this course and I was a bit concerned when I was the only one on the course, and our first thing was a walk around the market. I had done the market tours on other cooking courses and they bored me to tears. I need not have been concerned, the market was fantastic with my guide buying any fruits that I didn't recognise for me to try, and chatting and swapping story's of our cities. The cooking course was great and there was a ridiculous amount of food, all in all a great couple of hours.

1  Thank Bickykid
Reviewed September 6, 2015

So happy to spend the morning with my new friend and wonderful guide, Miss Nhu. She has a beautiful soul and a love for food! The market visit ahead of time was informative and light-hearted. So easy to talk to and work alongside the entire Blue Butterfly cooking class staff, and I will continue to work on my tomato rose cutting skills so I can continue to make them proud! Thank you all for a spectacular introduction to Hanoi.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank LitChick93
Reviewed September 3, 2015

I had Duyen as my guide for the day and she was perfect. Took me all around the market and had lots of information on everything. It was a great guided little tour before our cooking workshop. Which was both delicious and lots of fun. Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a nice vietnamese experience and then getting to eat some delicious food.

1  Thank Glen M
Reviewed August 30, 2015

We had a wonderful experience with Blue Butterfly. The market tour was really interesting and the cooking class was fun and exciting. We had lots of laughs and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this experience to others. 5 stars!

Date of experience: September 2014