Stayed at this hotel 2 times. Each time for 1 night - before and after the trip to Ha Long. Both time we booked a Standard room.
First time we arrived at 22:00 and were upgraded for free to their Deluxe room on the 4th floor. The room itself was ok'ish. It was clean and spacy, but we found only one pair of bathrobe and slippers - that was wierd.
But the service was subpar. At 22:30 they refused to sit us in the restaurant claiming that it was already closed. Their site states the restaurant is open till 23:00.
Second time we arrived at 15:00 and were not offered upgrade... well, until we found out that our room didn't have privacy curtains on the bathroom. I described the problem to the recieptionist and he upgraded us for free to a Superior room. He stated that they don't have privacy curtains in Standard rooms *anymore* (sic!). Well, these curtains was the only difference between Standard and Superior rooms that I managed to notice. No bathrobes nor slippers this time.
Other things to mention:
- They do have a WiFi connection in the rooms but the price is extraorbitant.
- Be prepared to wake up at 5am if your room faces the street - sound proof is non-existant.
- The restaurant (we managed to get there at the second night) is ok if only a bit pricey for vietnamese standards. About half of the restaurant personnel doesn't speak English at all.
- Location is ok, but frankly speaking, there is not that much to see in Hanoi, so it didn't really matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Hanoi, Mercure Hanoi La Gare is the emergence between the French Colonial architecture with modern interior design. Just 10min walk to the Old Quarter or the Temple of Literature and Hoan Kiem Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel Hanoi