Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel
$177
$108
Panpacific.com
Great 4.5/5
Splendid Star Grand Hotel(Hanoi)
$30
$132
$119
JW Marriott
1,048 results
All reviewsquan an ngonold quarterclose to the train stationbusiness tripegg stationstandard roomrestaurant stafftour deskrooms are smallhalong baycomfortable stayfrench quartershort stayphoconvenient locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nothing but praise for this boutique hotel in the central, bustling area of Hanoi. Staff attentive and polite, English is no problem. Food excellent (breakfast and room service) and rooms tidy, clean and imaginitive. Hotel has character and is great value for money.

Room Tip: Had a room away from the main road and didn't hear a thing from the very busy road outside of the hotel - no issue at all
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Reception was poor. If you arrived early there was nowhere to sit other than the cafe and reception staff didn't seem to care. Rooms were ok and breakfast was good. I have rarely felt less welcome in a hotel! I was pleased to leave.
Concierge staff were excellent but could do little due to lack of facilities.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear George R,

thank you for sharing your experience at Mercure Hanoi.

I'd like to apologize for our facilities not to have met your expectations.
Our check-in time is 2pm. However whenever we can accomodate our guests before that time we do it.
Sadly November is our peak season in Hanoi and we weren't able to provide you a room at 8:30am when you arrived. The only way to guarantee a room at this early hour during peak season is to book the night before. I'll make sure our partners are reminded about this option for our guests not to have a bad experience when they arrive.

I hope that after this unpleasant arrival, your stay in Hanoi has been wonderful.
Overall, I'm happy to read that our staff was very professional and I thank you for that.

Best regards,
Vincent Delsol

Reviewed November 13, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We've been coming to this hotel for the past several months for business and had the pleasure to interact with most of the hotel team here.
They have made quite a difference for our people who spend days and days in the same hotel for such a long period of time by extending personalized and gracious service to many of our people who were guests here. Because of this, we feel quite at home and comfortable coming to this hotel.
Personally, I have observed many of the hotel team demonstrate a listening ear and a friendly word that is genuine. I had commented on the condition of the irons at this hotels before and this has been rectified to my delight and have even been assisted with a room when I showed up without a booking on a particularly booked up week.

Thank you.

Room Tip: High floors facing the inside courtyard are quieter.