Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel
$71
$54
$156
$97
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$39
$71
$69
Hotels.com
1,057 results
All reviewsquan an ngonold quarterclose to the train stationbusiness tripegg stationstandard roomrestaurant stafftour deskrooms are smallhalong baycomfortable stayfrench quartershort stayphoconvenient locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stay
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am on a business trip in Hanoi and the room was nice and service excellence. All hotel staffs are very attentive and super friendly. Highly recommended since it is near town. The hotel has a great breakfast selection and happy hours is quite generous. The hotel is quite near many great restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear SongSG,

Thank you very much for your great feedback which has been transfered to the team.
Indeed, we mainly have individual travelers, both business and leisure, and we strive to make sure your stays are peasant. All our staff are trained and follow Accor/Mercure trainings on a regular basis in order to guaranty consistency and professionalism.

I'll be happy to see you during your next trip in Hanoi.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for business. When I checked in, the lady behind the counter said I would have to wait for 15 minutes until the manager checked my room (seemed odd). Well, fifteen minutes later I went to the room, and everything seemed fine. However, I noticed a heavy perfume smell (air freshener). A few hours later the air fresher wore off and what was left was an overwhelming scent of mold/mildew. It was too late to change rooms, so I suffered through the night. The next day I changed rooms. However, the next room they gave me had the same stink, just a little bit less of it than the previous room, but also with a bit of ammonium thrown into the mix. I'm sure the manager would say "We clean our rooms carefully and the carpets regularly." But, whatever they are doing it wasn't working for the days I was there.

Another problem was that the hotel was completely full of what appeared to be tour groups, leading to there being no seats for breakfast ----running out of plates, no eggs in the buffet, etc.
Additionally, this hotel appears to have nice big beds, but on closer inspection, my bed was just two single beds pushed together, with a big seam in the middle that was impossible to sleep on. So, I had the equivalent of a single bed in my room.

Hanoi is a humid place. The bathrooms in the rooms are small and water can seep out of them and into the carpet, not to mention the steam that has no place to escape. For what it is worth this was my experience on this particular stay. I have stayed at this particular hotel before and not had the same problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear carletonfisk,

thank you very much for your feedback.
I'm terribly sorry about your poor experience with us.
After having discussed by email and checked the room, it looks like it has been a one-time issue in this particular room, though we are keeping it under surveillance to make sure this doesn't happen randomly.
During the breakfast time, as we're using products done on the spot, we make our best efforts for the waiting time to be at the minimum.

I took into account your comments in order to see how to improve our service and I thank you for the trust you've put in our hotel and brand.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

There really isn't anything bad I can say about this hotel. They helped us plan day trips, we fast w room service, and our room was wonderful. The only complaint I have is breakfast. It's not included in the price and is expensive. There are street vendors everywhere so you can just go grab something from them otherwise. Beds are extremely comfortable and the showers are awesome. I will recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear LKreifel,

thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I'm glad to read that the staff was very helpful and made your trip wonderful.

I look forward to welcome you again in Hanoi or maybe in one of our 700 hotels around the world.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Vietnam is great destination to come and return. I cannot keep my coming back for the second time shortly. If you plan to explore from the north to the south of Vietnam, Mercure will be the best choice to approach to train station (3mins to walk only). I came with a group in the first part of this year and determined to return in Aug. The facilities are new and well designed except for the bathroom. Its small a bit and just standing. But it will be alright for a short stay. Besides, free wifi is excellent, I can share my trip with my family and friends immediately. Staff really kind and helpful with the smiles on their faces. Two short hair girls are out standing, they will beat your heart by their ardour there. One from front office and the other from restaurant, they make me feel welcomed everytime. That is the reason why I chose Mercure brand again.

Room Tip: The noise can come into your room bcos hotel is near the train station. Ask for quiet room, reception will be ready to help.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear CeReal1911,

many thanks for your nice comment about the staff in general and the two short haired girls fron the front office and the restaurant in particular.
Your great comments have been passed by to the teams.
Our wifi is actually free and said that, I'd like to emphasize that we have invested a lot into our infrstructure in order to guaranty you a high level of security. Two connexions are available, a first one, low speed, free of charge from the restaurant if you aren't an in-house guest and a second connexion, high speed, free of charge from your room with dedicated login and password.

It is our commitment as Mercure Hotels to daily strive to try to meet your expectations. This is why you chose an international brand.

I would be a pleasure to welcome you a third time in our hotel. You'll be able to enjoy our new restaurant menu which starts on the 3rd of September.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is nothing to complaint. Staffs very helpful, friendly and polite. The room design is new, clean and modern. Just the washroom a bit small. Remember bring your own sandal coz this hotel didnt provide it. The quality of the foods is good. Wifi excellent.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yschew
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Yschew,

thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I'm glad to read that our hotel met your expectations in terms of room, food and WIFI.

I hope that your stay will make you choose Accor for your next trip.