Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel
$258
$216
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
$76
Travelocity
$57
$50
1,047 results
All reviewsquan an ngonold quarterclose to the train stationbusiness tripegg stationstandard roomrestaurant stafftour deskrooms are smallhalong baycomfortable stayfrench quartershort stayphoconvenient locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed for the Vesak Day long weekend. The hotel is conveniently located at the fringe of the shopping area. The room is elegantly decorated but the toilet is tiny and hard for two person to move around. The temperature (hot and cold) of the water in the bathroom was not consistence too. The rain shower also not function properly. However these were remedied by the excellent services of the staff of the Hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. With their assistance we found every place we wanted to go as they provided us with Vietnamese address so that we could communicate with the cab driver without any difficulties. Besides they even went for extra mile to assist us to buy a SIM card as we were unable to get one. Thank you very much for the excellent services provided. We think the only setback of the Hotel was that we could easily hear the guests talking when they were in the corridor, and woke up by them if they arrive late in the night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear SKYONG,
I am very happy to read that my team was a good assistance to you and make your stay comfortable and easy going.
I am taking into account your comments regarding the bathroom facilities and the heads of housekeeping and engineering departments are taking care of that right away.
We are as well conducting some tests in order to solve the isolation of some rooms and I'm confident that we're going to roll-out in the next few weeks.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We been there last week. Our room was very clean & the bed was so comfortable
The location is not so far to the Old Town. And the Receptionists were very friendly & helpful, they can answer almost every questions you could ask about this city.
But, just only 1little thing: the decoration in lobby. That fake tree look like very old & dirty, it could been there for years, you should change to something newer.
Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear alainleomant,
Thank you very much for staying with us and as well for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and I am going to compliment my teams on their efforts.
The tree in the lobby is actually quite a new one but taking into consideration your remark, we have removed it.
I certainly hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room 2 mos before our actual stay during the 50% off for accor members. we arrived very late at 2am knowing that our deluxe room was not available because the lock was faulty and they didn't get to clean the room. What an excuse! They let us stay in a standard room and given free breakfast.

The next morning, when we asked for our deluxe room, they even told us if we would like to stay in the standard and just give free breakfast throughout our stay.

For me, that was very rude! WE BOOKED FOR A DELUXE AND JUST BECAUSE WE PAID IT 50% OFF, THEY WANT US TO STAY IN A STANDARD ROOM.

The room service is from 6am-11pm only (NOT 24hrs) with surcharge of vnd50.000 plus service charge and tax. The food in the restaurant is fairly good and expensive.
Standard Room 711's aircon was not cold unlike the deluxe room 607. Their toilet has a door that can't be locked. It's like a closet door. Deluxe room also has a sofa bed which was not described in the website. You can convert this into a bed and you wouldn't need a $38 extra bed per night.
Exchange rate was fairly high compared in some foreign exchange in old quarter. Location was near Quan An Ngon retaurant.
Also, at around 10am in the morning, an employee entered our room just to check the mini bar. Uhm can't you wait until we go out of the room? We just woke up.

I like the service in the restaurant and not the hotel.

Overall, we will not be back to this hotel. Being offered for a downgrade of room is very rude and even let us pay for the extra bed in the standard room.

• Stayed: May 2013
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear dms518,

I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me assure you that it was a very unusual situation that you have experienced as we experienced a technical problem in your room and we were fully booked in this room category which is our highest.
This problem happened and required a 24h delay.

I regret to see that my team failed to handle it with the delicacy required in this case and in a way that was suiting you (relocation to a superior room with breakfast offered for everybody).

I am taking all the necessary measures and follow up with the heads of departments concerned to make sure it won't happen again.
I would like to underline that the room allocation had nothing to do with the price you were entitled to as Accor members are our most valuable guests.
As for the team members entering the room, if you wish to sleep late without being disturb by either the houskeeping or the minibar refill team, may I make a suggestion to put on Do Not Disturb sign on the door, to show to the team that it is not the right time for the service.

I would like to thank you for the compliments regarding our restaurant.
I understand that your trust in us is damaged but I hope you will decide to give us a second chance and come back to stay in Mercure Hanoi la Gare again.

In this case, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally overlook the details of your reservation.

Sincerely yours,

A TripAdvisor Member
Copenhagen
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We chose this hotel in order to catch a night train to Lao Cai. The hotel is new and rooms are very comfortable. We did not have time to try out the restaurant, but overall we were very happy with our stay at the hotel and the service and facilities provided.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed in the Mercure Hanoi La Gare on a business trip recently, for 4 nights. The room was very comfortable, and I'd read some reviews on here that mentioned the noise from the train station but I didn't hear a thing! It was perfect for my trip and is in a very convenient location for both work and tourism. The selection of food available is only OK, but definitely much better value than some other, larger, hotels that I've stayed in before in Hanoi. Given how close the hotel is to great restaurants, I don't really think the small selection matters. The staff were lovely, and very helpful - can't be faulted for service. Would definitely recommend to others - you get a good quality hotel, with a nice room and great service, for a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank saitchison

Dear saitchison,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and I am sure it is going to be useful to Tripadvisor members.
I am hoping to welcome you back soon.