“Good relation price-quality”

Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel
Ranked #99 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was in april 2011. It is a nice clean and confortable hotel in the right quartier in Hanoi. Viet Nm is cheap, so take a atxi to the center is cheap. Even walking is close.
I should recomand this hotel to everybody

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank barcelonian b

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked a reservation in this hotel because it was nice located and because it should somehow respect the standards of a world-known franchise. Experience was less than average, for the price I paid: room was tiny, rug was worn and stained and it felt that it was not maintained.

One day they left window open and the rug was very wet. We asked for slippers, and they told us that they were meant only for superior categories. And our rug was wet! - so we had to wear shoes at the room.

I know I reserved a single room with the simplest category, but I did so in 5 more hotels in the rest of the trip, which were cheaper and in bigger cities and no problem. So that's why the 2 stars.

The hotel building looks very nice, it's indeed well located, but it couldn't cost $100 / night. It's a $50 at most.

Room Tip: Ask for superior categories' room - I didn't try it, but the standard one is lousy
3  Thank Guz V
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Sir

First of all, I'd like to apologize as your stay didn't meet your expectations.

Our standard rooms are between 20 and 22 sqm which is average for a main city center hotel. As per Mercure worldwide standards, yes the slippers are free of charge in the superior and deluxe rooms. In the standard rooms they are chargeable and provided upon request.

Then, I'm confused. Our windows are locked for security and legal reasons.
They are unlocked by the housekeeping department for only 2 reasons : either of course to the request of the guest, or to remove the smell of cigarette. Then this action is recorded by our security team and controlled in case it would rain and the windows are closed after 1 hour.

It looks like this wasn't the case and on top of that your rug was worn out.
It would really help me if you could contact me as I've been in the hotel for 3 months, went to most of the rooms and didn't yet see such a problem.
The hotel has been opened in September 2009, almost 3 years ago, and I can assure you that this would be the single case, which, again, I apologize for.

I would be greatful if you could send me your name and date of stay or room number for me to investigate further.

I'll have a status as well with the front office department who is in charge every morning to report all issues which have been reported by the guest in the past 24hours. Taking into account the discomfort you have experienced, you have surely done so or filled in the online survey which is automatically sent after all departures to our guest.

As a member of Mercure and Accor, I take very seriously your comment and will try my best to identify and solve this problem.

I thank you for the time you took to warn me about this issue.
Vincent DELSOL

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this modern hotel for two nights as part of our tour. It is fairly basic in style and the rooms are on the small side but adequate for a couple of nights.
Location is good with access to a number of places to eat. The breakfast was good and the staff were helpful and friendly.
This hotel was not luxurious but adequate for our two night stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cathrat
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear CathRat,

thank you for having takent he time to share your experience at the Mercure Hanoi La Gare.

I'm glad to read that your stay met up your expectations and that the team helped you to have a great time in Hanoi.

As part of and international brand and Group (Mercure and Accor), our standards and services are clear to help our guest to find the same services in our 700 Mercure hotels around the world with a blended design between french and local trend.
All around the world we are midscale 4-star hotels.

In Mercure Hanoi, our standard rooms go from 20 to 22 sqm are followed by our superior rooms at 25-27 sqm until the deluxe rooms which are over 35sqm.

I hope this will help you in the future to choose Mercure and Accor (Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis Styles, Ibis, Ibis Budget, Hotel F1).

best regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at the Mercure Hanoi La Gare. The staff were very polite and helpful, the location is very central to all the typical tourist attractions, the food in the restaurant is great, especially the buffet breakfast and the dinner options (the Pho was excellent). On request, they will provide you with a very handy map of the main Hanoi district, which you can then use for exploring the surrounding areas on foot (which is indeed the best way to gauge what Hanoi has to offer). Room service is very prompt. All in all, we had a great time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, though there won't be much of a view. Pho is included in t...
1  Thank GavinG1980
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear GavinG,

thank you for your taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the more when this experience was for 5 days, you have the time to experience all the services of the hotel.

I'm happy to read that the team's spirit and professionalism have met your expectations (restaurant, breakfast, dinner, room service and front office).
I'll make sure they're made aware of your great feedback.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The service is excellent especially the staffs.
Majority speaks english and they are very helpful to guide you on the places to go.
They are always very willing to assist and always with a very cheerful smile.

1  Thank hanoi_12
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Hanoi_12,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm happy to read that the staff english and professionalism have helped you to spend a great time in Hanoi and Mercure. I'll make sure they're made aware of your great feedback.

A good level of english is important for Accor and Mercure. All our staff receives frequent English teaching courses in order for them to improve.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was the first place we stayed having landed in Hanoi. Door service was very good and helped arrange taxis for us. The room was immaculate and very modern, the bathroom was particularly nice. The bed was soft and comfortable and the room soundproof, the airconditioning was a nice retreat from the humidity. If you stay here you absolutely have to eat at Quan An Ngon which is just around the corner, one of our favourite restaraunts in this amazing city. Only nuissance (and a very small one) is that we were charged for the complimentary water.

Room Tip: Visit Quan An Ngon just around the corner for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AATWCanberra
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear AATWCanberra,

thank you for having takent he time to share your experience.
I'm glad to read that our hotel helped you to spend a grat time in Hanoi.
I do support your comment about Quan An Ngon restaurant which is providing all specialties from Vietnam's folklore. Of course, I also recommend our hotel's restaurant as it is French and Vietnamese fine cuisine.

I'll contact you directly for the last topic to understand what happened.

Best regards from Hanoi,

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A great hotel and staff which contributed immensely to our Hanoi experience. Would highly recommend to anybody contemplating visiting Hanoi. The staff treated all aspects of our stay with a sense of utmost importance - from check-in to house-keeping to restaurant to front of house.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jamie,

Thank you very much for your comment and I'm very happy that our service has met your expectations.
I'll make sure that all departments are made aware of it.

We work as Accor and Mercure to train and follow-up our local teams in every countries.
Having a good service is a daily work for all of us.