“Relaxing getaway in busy city - June 2012”

Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel
Ranked #98 of 596 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was the first place we stayed having landed in Hanoi. Door service was very good and helped arrange taxis for us. The room was immaculate and very modern, the bathroom was particularly nice. The bed was soft and comfortable and the room soundproof, the airconditioning was a nice retreat from the humidity. If you stay here you absolutely have to eat at Quan An Ngon which is just around the corner, one of our favourite restaraunts in this amazing city. Only nuissance (and a very small one) is that we were charged for the complimentary water.

Room Tip: Visit Quan An Ngon just around the corner for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AATWCanberra
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear AATWCanberra,

thank you for having takent he time to share your experience.
I'm glad to read that our hotel helped you to spend a grat time in Hanoi.
I do support your comment about Quan An Ngon restaurant which is providing all specialties from Vietnam's folklore. Of course, I also recommend our hotel's restaurant as it is French and Vietnamese fine cuisine.

I'll contact you directly for the last topic to understand what happened.

Best regards from Hanoi,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A great hotel and staff which contributed immensely to our Hanoi experience. Would highly recommend to anybody contemplating visiting Hanoi. The staff treated all aspects of our stay with a sense of utmost importance - from check-in to house-keeping to restaurant to front of house.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jamie,

Thank you very much for your comment and I'm very happy that our service has met your expectations.
I'll make sure that all departments are made aware of it.

We work as Accor and Mercure to train and follow-up our local teams in every countries.
Having a good service is a daily work for all of us.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here on my business trip. It is very close to the Hanoi Station. Everything satisfies business standard except for shower booth. There is no door at shower booth but some partition only. You have to be very careful on using shower otherwise water leaks on the floor of lavatory area. It may be acceptable for some tourists who are familiar with this type shower.
Besides the shower room problem, breakfast buffet offers very nice menu including excellent French toast. The quality of vegetable is also very good.

Room Tip: Ask a room has a shower room, not a shower booth
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MarinaDelRey335
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Madam,

thank you to have shared your experience about the Mercure.
I arrived on the 1st of May and I'm very happy to read that the latest modifications of the breakfast setup have pleased you.
We're constantly fighting to improve the service delivered to our guest and you can already find some daily courses on the buffet breakfast.

I'll have a look as well to the shower door comment to assess the situation.

best regards and I hope your business trip was successful.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

When I first arrived I though I had made a mistake. The hotel was small and had a construction site across the road.

However once I checked in (great staff) it started to look up - the room was HUGE with windows all around so it looked even bigger. The fit out is modern and clean with enough amenity.

There is a cafe on the ground floor which is more than sufficient - especially if you are going to be mostly out and about in Hanoi. We walked about in the evenings and there are some great cafes right next door, and we even found a street full of great restaurants which seemed to be some sort of a hotspot as it was full of young locals.

Room Tip: The higher the better :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Discostuu

Dear Guest,

thank you to have taken some time to share your experience.

Our hotel is cozy and what i call "human size", meaning that our size allow us to treat our guest as human beings and not like numbers.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your Deluxe room (35sqm) and its 3 large bay windows and that the service met your expectations as well.

As for the terrace, we are only 2 hotels in Hanoi with such facility, the Sofitel Metropole and us. It is a nice way to stay in contact and discover the daily life of the city.
As being in the center of Hanoi, you have at walking distance (less than 5min) 2 great restaurants ... apart from ours of course ... one local cuisine Quan An Ngon and one trendy with a nice overview of Hanoi, the Rooftop. You have several others but these ones are the ones we recomment to experience something more.

I hope this will help you for your next trip to Hanoi.
best regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

During my first trip to Hanoi (July 2012), I was delighted by my stay at the Mercure Hanoi La Gare. The hotel is beautiful and in the center of town near beautiful embassies, within a quick walking distance (~10 minutes) to the Ho Chi Minh Masoleum or Hoa Lo Prison, and to the Old Quarter (better achieved by 5 minute taxi).

The staff at the front desk was amazing, helping me with anything from booking hotels (in Hoi An) to planning travel from city to city. They also called cabs anytime I needed one, ensuring that I got a cab that had a working meter and would charge a fair price.

The rooms are spotless, and provide fantastic AC, which was a huge relief after hot and humid days of walking around town.

The next time I'm in Hanoi, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BangaloreTraveling

Dear Guest,

I'm glad that your stay was great and that the team was very helpful.
I'll make sure that the front desk team and bellboys are made aware of your comment.

When you'll come back to Mercure, I'll be glad to welcome you in person.
As I don't have your name, don't hesitate to ask for me at the reception upon arrival.

Thank you to have taken the time to share your stay's experience.

best regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Close to the train station, this is a good quality, if smaller, hotel. Popular with western tour groups, it was clean with good food, good service and laundry. We stayed in November 2011 and enjoyed our time there.

Although a bit of a walk from the main centre of Hanoi, we never felt unable to walk into the more busier areas. Nearby are shops, restaurants, chemists, etc. The streets around Hanoi are very, very busy so taxi's are recommended, and fairly cheap. As always, only use licenced taxi's and agree the price up front.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel, above the main entrance are much larger as they are on the curve of...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim-from-Brum
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Mercure is quite strategically located...clean and cheap, this hotel costs around 1.000.000 VND for the standard room..near Ga Ha Noi, la gare, the hotel is decorated with cool, BW, antique photos of the train station...like it..

The room is not that spacious, but enough ...comfy bed, many pillows et good decoration, with a hint of orange et purple..

Breakfast is good, ..porridge, asian dishes, bread, cold cuts and cheese..I have no complaints..

By taxi, it is around 10 minutes to go the Hoan Kiem Lake (Ngoc Son temple, water puppet, hang gai the old quarter) or 20 minutes to the Ho Chi Minh complex..

Friendly staff as well, no hussle and helpful

Truly enjoy my stay.. I just wish they have swimming pool , especially as I visit Hanoi in summer :D...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business