“Better than Expected!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Gold Coast, Australia
“Better than Expected!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our son and could not fault it. We had 2 rooms, a standard for our son and a deluxe for us. Both were great value for money, clean and comfortable.All the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and very nice.The food and drinks were well priced and delicious.There is a bit of outside traffic noise, but this is Vietnam!! It seems less noisy on the higher floors. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to this area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank judpip
MHLG, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your comment. It serves as the greatest encouragement for all the team to go beyong expectation!
Yves Subsol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

Hi,
I stayed in this hotel for two nights during a business trip.
The staff is very friendly; especially the porter; he was very helpful.
I stayed in a superior room; we have enough space; the design is nice; the desk and the chair are perfect to work. The bed is comfy though a little bit too soft for my back...
The shower design is strange : no door so water is spelling around when you take a shower; but it is not a big issue since you are not living in the bathroom !! Also the sink position is a little bit too low for my back again...
Overall this hotel is very good; the location is good but it depends where you have to go... There is a very good vietnamese restaurant only 100 meters away; which is simply delicious.
The breakfast is ok; the Pho Bo is a good start for the day !!
If I had to find something negative; I would say that the group of tourist were very noisy and even if they are in the corridor you can hear them like they are in your room but the issue is more the tourist themselves...
I was really positively surprised after my previous experience of a Mercure in Belgium !

Room Tip: The Superior Room is quite good in terms of space.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Njoy-HKG
Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We spent the weekend in a superior room to celebrate my birthday. The room was enormous, clean and modern.

We travelled with our 3 month old son and couldn't have been happier with the service. Immediately a crib was installed in our room and the restaurant staff were only too happy to move furniture and make a fuss of our little boy!

The outlook of the train station was not that great and the location is a little far away from the main tourist sites but the quality and professionalism of the staff was well worth the extra distance (and $2 cab fares!)!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lisaandmatt1
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Depending on what is your needs, as a business traveller, everything is almost perfect for this hotel having all the needed amenities. The room though small is clean and modern with a good desk for working at night. Internet connection was easy to use and the bed was comfy enough.

Checking in was a breeze and the porter was friendly and helpful. If you would want me to find faults with this hotel, it would be the standing shower and the breakfast.

Due to the design of the standing shower, the floor in the bath room will get wet if you use the shower head and full blast, using the rain shower would minimise that but then again this is just a small issue. As I have stayed only one night, I could have imagine the breakfast getting boring if I spend a few more nights due to it's limited choices.

As I was there for business, I cannot say much of it's location but it does have some nice restaurant close by and of course the well known Highlands Cafe within walking distance.

Both my colleague and I simply love the room and I bet I would be back again when I am back again for work.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank The_TravellerSg
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I was at Mercure hotel, Hanoi from 21.05.2011 to 27.05.2011

It was indeed a very pleasurable and an enjoyable at hotel Mercure. The staff was very courteous, helpful and pleasant. The food was also very good. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The daily cleaning service was excellent. The employees at the reception was very accommodating an helpful. The same was experienced at the restaurant and basically everywhere at the hotel.

It is located at a very convenient place and one could walk to interesting places while experiencing the warmth and the kindness of the Vietnamese people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Varunadhar
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I wanted to entertain my customer at hotel wine bar. I ordered the white wine from the wine list. First, the waiter brought the wrong bottle. Then I complained. He brought the ordered white wine which was not chilled. He told me to wait for 10 minutes to chill the white wine.
As the French wine bar. This is unacceptable. I have to move to other near by wine bar.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank swin_winyoo
MHLG, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you for passing on your feedback.
Actually, it was not an issue with the wine not being properly kept but a poor service provided and I fully understand your frustration. We are proud of having over 200 wine references in our wine lists but if the service is not right, there is nothing to be proud of.
I must thank you for your comment as it is through feedback such yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Yves Subsol