“Sinfully delicious”
Review of Giang Cafe

Giang Cafe
Ranked #3 of 259 Coffee & Tea in Hanoi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giang Cafe was founded by My Father ,Mr. Nguyen Giang in 1946, when he was working as a bartender for the famous five-star Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel. Although the cafe has been relocated twice, its egg coffee recipe is almost the same as in its early days, with its chief ingredients being chicken egg yolk, Vietnamese coffee powder, sweetened condensed milk, butter and cheese.
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I love eggs & I love coffee. I just never knew one can produce such a heavenly concoction with these two.

Though egg coffee may sound odd to some but the reviews here aroused our curiosity. Curiosity did not kill the cat. We loved it!

I had the hot egg coffee while hubs opted for the one with rum. Rich, smooth, creamy goodness. Brings the lovely aromatic Vietnamese coffee to another level!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I told our HanoiKids tour guide that I wanted to try something authentic to Vietnam and she took us to Giang Café for egg coffee. Egg Coffee is authentic to Hanoi more so than anywhere else in Vietnam. As a matter of fact I asked about this in Saigon and my tour guide did not know what I was talking about..

The entrance to Giang Café (a door way which leads thru to a narrow corridor and then up some stairs) rustic and some what says 'you are in for a treat'. Seat yourself down on some tiny stools (cast your mind back to Top Gear Vietnam).

I had the egg coffee hot - I loved it without a doubt. It was thick and creamy and the only drink I can think of that comes close is eggnog (with coffee) but that wont quite do any justice. You can also have it cold. I would also recommend the egg with rum and chocolate - to die for, honestly! I can taste it now as I write this review.

If you have kids in tow - they also do soft drinks and hot chocolate. Don't miss this place!

1  Thank SunDancerIII
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I would never get egg coffee. But after getting past the name and trying it. Wow! The hot one is a little better. Mix it first to get the coffee through the custard like topping. An unusual and great local taste. Worth trying to find. Up a small entrance at the end of an alley.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I am drinking egg coffee as I am writing this review. It's really egg on coffee. Gives you a new perspective on eggs.

Definitely worth trying while you are in Hanoi.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great Egg coffee and a variety of different cold drinks. A must try in Hanoi. A little difficult to find at first since it is located in an alley