“Great service and good value for money”

Paramount Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #153 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Tilton, New Hampshire
“Great service and good value for money”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I and my friend spent 3 nights here and everything is just perfect. We stayed on the 8th floor. Room was so spacious, clean, nice decor, a big bathroom. Location is another good point, right in the center of Hanoi, just 5 mins walk to Hoan Kiem lake, you could find many local food restaurant near by hotel. Hotel staffs were so friendly and helpful. They helped us book a Halong tour with a good price. Definitely a place to stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jimmy W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a small beautiful hotel. We were traveling in a group and booked 2 rooms. We were offered free early check in at 8 am. All rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped, love the design and comfort of the rooms. Excellent staffs make this hotel even better. friendly, good English speaking, well trained and helpful. Location was convenient for those like us, there is some souvenir shop nearby, easily to walk to Hoan Kiem lake.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sam M
Hesseneck, Germany
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel service was outstanding. Staffs were very helpful from the moment we arrived. A porter helped us carry bags while another offer us welcome drink. Receptionist was so friendly and well trained. Location was great, very near to Hoan Kiem lake, only 7 min walk. Room was clean and comfortable. Good choice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fynn A
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 23, 2012

It had been my first time I visited Vietnam, an interesting country. Thank Paramount hotel for all your help, could not expect any more. I was totally satisfied during my staying in this hotel, from the way they greeting me at the airport to all their support when I was in-house. I got a room with large windows on the 7th floor, the room was clean, spacious and well equipped. Great location, right inside the Old Quarter. The most impressive is hotel staffs, they are really friendly, warmly, well trained and helpful. Breakfast was great.
The only thing that hotel could improve is the quality of toilet paper and shampoo.
Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor is better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel124
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

To be honest we not enjoy our stay at the Paramount hotel on arriving after a long flight from the UK we were put in to a standard room not the executive room type which we had booked , , ,we were moved the next day to room 703 an executive room ,well if you like laying on a rock hard bed you will be OK , then on to the bath room no doors on the shower cubicle and the tray felt like it might collapse when in the shower , the bathroom needs a lot of up grading ,On the landing of our room the doors from the shower where left, which was a safety hazard on our second day the power was off ,which made it very difficult to sleep,and when we did get to sleep around 4 am one of the staff knocked the door ,we where told it was a mistake , well I don't know why as only 3 rooms on each floor , we had to walk down the stairs to breakfast ,which is not a problem , but when we got to floor 1 well what can I say a mess,more like a store room, guests do not need to see this all this stuff ,this must be a fire hazard , breakfast on each morning was very poor quality orange juice not chilled if you can call it orange juice ,the bread was cheap and nasty, cant understand that as lots of local bakeries around with great products,they did fried eggs in advance no need with all the staff they have could be done to order ,on the last morning we had an early start the bacon was reheated from the day before ,tea and coffee also poor, there was a small selection of fresh fruit but it was very warm ,needed chilling down. the reception area needed tidying up ,like the staff , we wanted to book a city tour and the guy tried to over charge us 34 $ for VIP tour ,not 28$ we had also asked about transport to Halong bay never got back to us left us to arrange our self , then on cheek out we had paid a up front deposit which they did not want to take off the bill,good job id brought a copy with me , ,so to sum up a very unhappy stay at the hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JETSET20O6
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

To its credit, this hotel is a great value. I stayed here for $20/n and the price really is unbeatable. The staff are great and speak decent English. My biggest gripe is that my room was infested with these tiny black bugs. I don't know where they came from but the next morning I saw several of them on my bed, under the sheets, and on the floor. Quite disgusting. But again, for the value, it's a good place to stay. Also, no hot water so I didn't even bother taking a shower (and I love my showers). Nice hotel with a view of Hanoi, colorful bldgs and all.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank citygirlexplorer
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Found this hotel from Hotel.com on a friday night discounted special- good value- $20/nite, was clean, although the bathroom everything gets wet. Simple buffet- toast, butter 7 jam, fried eggs, fried rice, soup, and some fruits- quite basic but ok. I wish they included Pho & baguette bread. Staff are pleasant, speaks english well- location wise- ride beside the backpacker hostels, little restaurants, there is bakery around the corner &yes foot massage - 70 min $8.00 + $1 tip :-)

Room Tip: Go to Agoda or Hotel.com on fridays they have specials, thats how we got this under $20 for 5 nites...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple