“Great for those on low budget, otherwise stay away”

and 1 more site!
Paramount Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #121 of 588 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great for those on low budget, otherwise stay away”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

To its credit, this hotel is a great value. I stayed here for $20/n and the price really is unbeatable. The staff are great and speak decent English. My biggest gripe is that my room was infested with these tiny black bugs. I don't know where they came from but the next morning I saw several of them on my bed, under the sheets, and on the floor. Quite disgusting. But again, for the value, it's a good place to stay. Also, no hot water so I didn't even bother taking a shower (and I love my showers). Nice hotel with a view of Hanoi, colorful bldgs and all.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank citygirlexplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Found this hotel from Hotel.com on a friday night discounted special- good value- $20/nite, was clean, although the bathroom everything gets wet. Simple buffet- toast, butter 7 jam, fried eggs, fried rice, soup, and some fruits- quite basic but ok. I wish they included Pho & baguette bread. Staff are pleasant, speaks english well- location wise- ride beside the backpacker hostels, little restaurants, there is bakery around the corner &yes foot massage - 70 min $8.00 + $1 tip :-)

Room Tip: Go to Agoda or Hotel.com on fridays they have specials, thats how we got this under $20 for 5 nites...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patrickph
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for a few weeks while in Hanoi. This is a good priced clean & comfortable place to be. The staff are great, they speak good english and are always willing to help you with whatever you need. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet small lane near St Joseph's Cathedral ( two minutes walk ) so it is central, easy to get a cab or motorbike. WiFi is great and it is a very relaxing place to come back to after the bustle of Hanoi. I would recommend it to anyone, I have stayed at four other hotels and this is my favourite place to be.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James A
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

we stayed at the paramount a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The room was clean and quite big with a nice bathroom. When we arrived there was a problem with our shower and staff immediately moved us to another room - no problem.

The location was great, right in the old quarter and near the cathedral area which was quite lively. The lake was a 5-10 minute walk away where there are plenty of restaurants and places to sit and watch the world go by.

Breakfast was ok - better than I expected. Although there was noodles etc there was also eggs and toast.

staff were very friendly, when we very leaving they organised a taxi to the airport for us and they gave us a card to give to the driver which meant we didnt have to pay for the transfer. considering it was a 30-40 minute taxi ride we were very happy with this.

overall we would definately recommend the paramount.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank littlemagpie11
liverpool
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Was dropped off about 200 meters away and took the culture shock of Hanoi immediately. After stepping through the street people (too hot for people to stay inside so its normal just to spread along the kerbs etc) with some helpful pointers, I managed to find the hotel down a narrow deadend lane. What a relief to step inside the foyer and be greeted by the expert reception staff. Everywhere was clean and shining and we were immediately served water and tea (which was freely available all day from near the desk). After a chat about some trips (especially Halong Bay) we were escorted to our room. Big, bright airy and spotless, was my first impression. Stayed for three days and it was always a relief to flop into the room. Fridge, beers snacks available in the room (free internet downstairs and wifi to the room).
The location of the hotel is great, just a short walk from the Lake and there are some very nice restaurants around if you seek help to find them. Everything is typically great Vietnam Good Value. Thats all I need to say about the Paramount, I was delighted with my choice and the lead receptionist (Teper?) was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.

If you're in these parts you may be planning a Halong Bay trip. Really worth going but - just beware that its a tedious 3 1/2 hour minibus journey and the overnight stays on the boat are often pulled if a storm threatens. If you book with the hotel you get a full refund. I would not like to argue with a street travel agent. Our overnight was curtailed but we did spend an amazing day kayaking around in the centre of this wonderful and unique place.

Another nice experience is the water puppets in the theatre near the lake.

Great short stop over. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: I can only speak about my room which looked back onto the narrow lane. Very nice in the context of H...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank daveandjaneLiverpool
Gliwice, Poland
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed in Paramount hotel for 2 nights. Hotel is awesome. Great location in Old Quarter (just 2 minutes by feet to cathedral), however it was a little hard to find it. There is good and friendly staff. I had returning flight on late evening, so even 6 hours after my check out I could take a free shower in other empty room (in April there is more than 35 degrees in Hanoi). I could leave there my bags some days before my check in. Staff is good speaking english and friendly. Superiour rooms are really spacious with grear bathroom. No problems with wifi, hot water, rooms are clean. There is great breakfast (really great menu, with fruits and drinks) included. I recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank kaspric
Holland
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel is a good budget option in hanoi. We stayed a few nights in march '12. After hearing about all the taxi scams we asked the hotel to pick us up from the airport. After a long flight The comfort was well worth the 18 usd. We arrived at the hotel around 8 am and could use the buffet breakfast and room directly!

The hotel also helped us to book a great trip to halong bay.

The staff is extremly helpfull and friendly.
The rooms are clean, and in line with what you can expect from a budget hotel.
As in every place in vietnam they asked for the passports, but here they returned them after a few hours instead of the usual checkout timing.
The hotel is in a small side street, not reachable by car, and might be a bit tricky to find on yourself, but as we had a airport pickup we found it easily. The street is very close to the lake, many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012