“staying in Hanoi”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Advisor Hotel
Ranked #52 of 604 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“staying in Hanoi”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at the Hanoi Advisor Hotel which, to be perfectly honest, was a very average kind of experience. The room was very small and basic, the lobby so tiny. It was run by a husband and wife who were very friendly and helpful, its just that the room was not great so average rating.
The weather didn't help matters although thats nothing to do with the guesthouse. Wet and dreary.
Took overnight train - reunification express down to Hue. Shared cabin with a nice family (Mum, Dad, little girl and a baby.) Bunk was small and very cramped. Cabin hot and quite claustrophobic, but better than the locals' accommodation as far as I could see. Sleepless night due to discomfort of bunk. (baby good as gold!)
Arrived nearly 2 hours later than scheduled in Hue. Weather bright and blisteringly hot - much more like it.

Room Tip: Not sure about other rooms here 'cos very small guesthouse. Maybe one is the same as the other.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Stephen L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 16, 2013

No amount of words can express my gratitude for Doan and his adorable family. They are extremely approachable and always full of smiles. I understand that some hostels might not be very receiving toward those guests who are staying for only one night as they might think it's a waste of time, but it's never the case here: Doan and his wife weren't discriminative at all. They were always there to respond to my needs and all I felt was genuine sincerity in their act of kindness.

There's one particular incident that will make me be forever indebted to Doan. Upon arrival at the hostel, Doan's wife was surprised and casually commented that I had only one small bag with me for this trip. After hearing that, my jaws dropped wide open - I realised I'd forgotten to take my main backpack when I got off the shuttle bus. Doan immediately asked me to hop onto his motorbike and we rode with pace and urgency to a station nearby. Realising that my bag wasn't there, he then made a few phone calls, which i presumed was to whatever number that was on my bus ticket. At that point of time, Doan seemed to be more anxious than me. I was really touched.

Long story short, I managed to retrieve my backpack with everything in intact when we got to the bus station. It was a nightmarish start to my trip, but if it weren't for Doan, his wife and their cute little baby daughter (I couldn't help but smile every time when I see her!), it'd have been the worst ever.

I'd also like to thank them for upgrading my room for free!

Book your stay with them. You will not regret it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thanh L, Manager at Hanoi Advisor Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Edmund,

We would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to share your staying experiences at Tripadvisor.com.
It is always our pleasure to serve you in Hanoi. And it is not only me do like that for you but most people will do the same when they meet this situation.
Wishing that we will find an opportunity to welcoming you back to Hanoi Advisor Hotel soon.

Warmly Regards,

Doan Ngo
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, we managed to walk every where. Not far from most of the city attractions like the lake, mausoleum etc.

Breakfast is tasty, we had the omelettes mostly, very filling. The family that run this hotel are just awesome. They are sooo super friendly and helpful. They have a little girl too who is just soooo adorable!! But yeah, they can help you and give you advice on everything. We were picked up from the train station, we were able to get into our room early and not charged, the poor guy even lugged our heavy rucksacks up the stairs and then brought us hot tea! Cannot fault the service at all.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Tv typical of most places we stayed in with a few channels in English. We had some issues with the net but Doan fixed it very quickly for us. A/C worked very well. The rooms maybe could do with some modernizing but that's really nit picking, for the price of the room we were happy.

We would recommend this place 100%

Room Tip: We had a street facing room so you may get some noise past 7.30am from traffic outside, looked like...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very quaint and cosy, but very clean and in a good location for tourist attractions like the lake, temples and water puppets. The owners were outstanding! They couldn't be more helpful when it came to helping us with directions, recommendations, and transfers etc. Very friendly and very accommodating and we were sad we only had one night there.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
jakarta
Reviewed June 7, 2013

i stay 2 night in this hotel. the hotel near donxuan market and hoang kiem lake. the owner is very good. he give us a map and show us best place to explore in Hanoi, he recomended to walking in hanoi, because its dangerous because of the trafffic.althought i want to hire a motorbike. he said that we can explore center of hanoi by walking, he show the good place on map. very good person. not money oriented. finally i booked taxi to airport.. thx u very much,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank frendi
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The building is old (moldy bathroom and dilapidated paint) but the room is clean and big for a hostel. Its right in the center of the old quarter and is walking distance to the lake and the night market. There's a lot of noise from the motorcycles during the day. Breakfast is simple but is served hot and tastes good. The owners and staff are all very nice and always willing to help us on tours, airport shuttle, and getting and eating around. The tour they booked us on had very nice people as well but I think booking would be cheaper once you get there (than booking online in advance).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank platypunk
australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Sorry we took so long to write this Doan! We loved the Advisor for the position, the price and I think the friendliest people in Hanoi! We stayed in late december & it was freezing but a heater was provided. We are a couple with a teenage daughter and the room on the 4th floor with litttle balcony was quite adequate. What was amazing though was the service from Doan & his lovely wife & they do have the most gorgeous little girl that kept us all entertained at breakfast. Breakfast was a great omlette, baguette, strong Viet coffee & fruit, all included in the price. They changed money without a hitch (Aus $) for great rates, got us great train tickets for great price to Sapa, (the Orient Express is def the way to go) & went out of their way writing out directions. Transfers were good also. No request seemed too much. We will be back soon I hope.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family