“Excellent”
Review of Asian Golden Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Asian Golden Lake
Ranked #463 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Umina Beach, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this excellent hotel, from the first contact via e-mail to Kenny, till our last morning it was a joy dealing with the staff they were all extremely friendly and helpful. Kenny suggested Harlong Bay junk the "Hanoi Opera" which was well priced and a throughly enjoyable 2 days 1 night cruise which we would have no problems recommending.
The beds in this hotel were the best we stayed in, the room very clean and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast each morning. Thank you Asia Palace Hanoi 2 for a memorable stay in Hanoi, a well run and well priced hotel in a great location.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Almost every hotel will say that they want to be your home away from home, but it's a whole different matter to actually provide that level of service and quality! When I got the flu and the owner insisted on buying me a bowl of chicken soup and delivered it to my door, that's what convinced me!

The staff is amazing here in every way. From the housekeepers and bellboy to the general manager and his family, we've had nothing but pleasant surprises and outstanding service. The rooms are nice - few outside windows, but outside light does come inside - the rooms all have windows facing to the outer hallways, which has natural light. Each room is individually decorated with a nice attention to detail. The showers are good and hot, fluffy towels, nice warm heater for those cool winter nights, flat-screen TV's, and free drinking water, too.

Breakfast is displayed buffet-style, but the staff really wants to serve you, so they'll have you sit down, bring your coffee or tea to you, cook your eggs to order, put your toast in the toaster for you, etc. Or yes, you can serve yourself, and they also have a good selection of Asian foods there (the spring rolls are excellent!)

We booked some train tickets with them, too, and the service was very good and the commission was reasonable. They are very happy to give you whatever information you need to get along in Hanoi.

Really, we can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Our stay - 6 nights in all - has been wonderful. Mom's chicken soup did the trick for the flu. We slept well, away from the noise below (that's the advantage of not having outside windows to the street), and we have already made a reservation to return next month. For the money, it's a great choice and I highly recommend it! As far as we're concerned, this is the only place that we'll stay in Hanoi - it really is our home away from home from now on!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver BC
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in with regard to value, service, and friendliness. We stayed for 6 nights and then went to Halong Bay and returned for one night, before going to Sapa and staying for another night day. They arranged our tours which were perfect, with a much nicer and newer boat in Halong Bay than many people we met and a great guide in Sapa. They went out of their way to be helpful in more ways than I can list here. I would definitely return here if we return to Hanoi!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Asia Palace 2 is a place of warm hospitable respite nestled conveniently amongst the bustle of Hanoi. Asia Palace 2 was a last minute choice forced by a desperate need for sleep and booked because of its stellar reviews. I am happy to say that it surpassed our expectations despite its great reviews. I will share our story of AP2, which I believe says it all. On arrival at AP2 we received a free upgrade due to lack of space and this stayed in their nicer room. My travel partner/girlfriend was ill with food poisoning and they had us in a room in minutes. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable, the amenities were just right and we rested very well in our quiet room. Part of our mission in Vietnam was to visit Halong Bay and we booked a tour through AP2 prior to sleeping that night. Booking such tours can be done anywhere in Vietnam but we found the folks at AP2 to be knowledgable, upfront, and pleasant to work with (Andy was great). After a good nights rest we left for Halong the next day and AP2 agreed to keep our things while we were gone. During the trip I became very  ill (I'd say even violently), food poisoning I believe, and was in the throws of this illness when we returned from Halong Bay to Hanoi (note: the food poisoning was not a result of food eaten on the tour but instead resulted from a poor choice on my part). Asian Palace was fully booked but the owner seeing that I 'didn't look good' booked us at a nearby hotel, and escorted us there while carrying our things.  While I embraced my illness in the lobby toilet of the new hotel the owner of AP2 assisted my girlfriend in getting us settled in a room. We were in a room very quickly and as I laid in bed with severe chills a knock at the door revealed the owner of Asian Palace 2 with paracetamol, Ginger tea, and menthol rub! He had gone to the pharmacy and purchased medications for me! After two days of recovery, each of which he checked in on me, he took us one morning for the best Pho we had the entire trip. I should also mention that through this hotel we received the best recommendations for food, shopping, and fun that were offered during our entire stay in Hanoi. Actually, there is so much more I could say but you get the point. Hats off to Asia Palace! I will return to Vietnam and when I do, there is no place I'd rather stay. If you are looking for a Boutique Hotel atmosphere with stellar service and attentive staff and you happen to be in Hanoi, do not pass up this gem of a hotel. I spread the good news of AP2 throughout S.E. Asia and will continue to do so. They won my heart, helped heal my stomach, earned my business, and became dear friends.

• Stayed December 2010
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My friends and I stayed at Asia Palace Hotel 2 overnight as we prepared to go on a boat trip on the bay, we got in late that evening but the staff made us welcome and our rooms were large, clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable as well, given some of the beds in hotels are extremely uncomfortable. We then stayed another night after our boat trip and we had the opportunity to meet the Msanager and his partner sand they went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and provided us with assistance when asked. This would have to be one of the best value for money hotels around in the District where we stayd in Hanoi, whihch was central to the Sword Lake and shops etc around us, My friends liked the place so much we are already planning another trip to Hanoi and will definitely be staying at this wonderful place again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This is really a wonderful place to stay as other trippers have said. The rooms are very clean and modern. Most important, rooms have double windows so you don't hear much traffic noise. Believe me, the traffic noise in Hanoi can drive you nuts.

The staff are friendly,sincere and helpful. Especially the front desk night staff and the bellboy. The owners are also around to chit chat with guests. Keep up the good work, Asia Palace. Will definitely stay with you when in Hanoi again.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank Dominoking
Brisbane
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Loved this hotel. Modern, spacious rooms. Spotlessly clean. Staff great. Breakfast not fantastic, but adequate. Great value for money. Staff good. I can't recommend Asia Palace Hotel Hanoi but can definately recommend Asia Palace Hotel Hanoi 2, so make sure you book the right one!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple