“Decent grub”

Ete Resto Cafe
Ranked #344 of 2,547 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: ETE offer a choice of western food. We are known in Hanoi for our burgers that in large size are quite impossible to finish! We also have food such as tartines,sandwiches, salad, fish and meat like 'tournedos' beef, chicken etc... We also have a vietnamese food. ETE is also a cafe/bar that offer a really big choice of drinks (soft,fresh fruit juices, belgium & local beers cocktails, spirits, wines). We are very near to B52 Museum, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Bit of a French bistro/bar atmosphere. Staff are very friendly, and theres a good selection of food, juices and snacks at very reasonable prices.

I had some bar snacks (smoked cheese and duck) which were very good. My friend had a buckwheat vegetable filled pancake, it looked very stodgy and oversized to me, but he seemed to enjoy it. I visited during the afternoon, so cant comment ont he bar itself, but overall a decent place to eat

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Big size and a very good value for the Ete burger with some salad and french fries, you will be surprise!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The place is cozy, having expat and local guests (more expats though). They have a nice selection of drinks at the bar, as well as food selection. I had their burger and what they call MEDIUM is larger than any other you can find. So, unless you can eat like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, do not order large, especially extra large (they have this one too). Fries were nicely done. Burger is seasoned with vegetables and mustard. Nice combination. For two burgers, water and americano coffe we have paid about 10 euro. Reasonable. All in all, I will go back again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I go here a few times a month because its one of those places I know the food will be tasty, and the friendly staff understand enough English to gurantee good service. I am vegetarian so I can get a nice selection of foods suited to my tastes. Also if I want to replace something on a menu item they do it without a discussion. They have a really nice drink selection of wines, beers and hard liquor including many top shelf Scotch. I especially like that they have DaiViet Black beer, which as far as I know can't be found anywhere else in Hanoi.I find the beers in the mid range price wise - not bia hoi low or hotels high. Food is the same way mid range pricing. I've been told by many carnivore eating friends their burger is the best in Hanoi. A nice selection of wines, interesting seating choices and outdoor seating add to my likeness of this pub. Its also nice to know the parking is free with someone always there to park your bike and watch it.
I'm American and many of my friends are Aussies, Kiwi's and Canadians so I don't agree its mostly French who frequent this place - maybe its just certain nights that this occurs.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The first impression was very good and the Burgers are soooooo big
, ho my gosh!!! Pretty tasty although not so cheap but the portions are huge.

The food part was ok. That day there was the manager and an employee, the manager is pretty nice and the staff was ok until the manager left and we ordered the bill (me and my vietnamese fiancée). We asked for the bill in vietnamese and the waitress did not want to give us the receipt. She said that it was 385'000 VND we checked again on the menu and the price was 360'000. So we told her and she acted surprised with a fake smile.

After I wanted to pay with my credit card as I really wanted to keep my cash, she said that it is impossible, we asked if the machine was broken and she just changed the subject. So this experience left us a really bad final taste to the experience. I know it happens a lot in Vietnam, but in a place that is not so cheap and that wants to attract foreigners, I think it is really an outrage!

So if you are the manager please consider this advise, form your staff or get rid of her if you don't want to loose more clients, because after this time you definitely have lost two clients and their friends asking for advise were to go to eat. The place and the food were not so bad that is the reason I put two points out of five.

Be careful if you go there!

3  Thank joe p