Hanoi Charming Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
1,330 results
All reviewshalong bayold quarterno windowbudget hoteltrain stationinternet connectionphomini barstayed here for nightssister hotelairport pickbreakfast was includedlaundry servicesmall hotelamazing staffstreetpc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I must admit that I picked the hotel because of it's good tripadvisor reviews. And the only moment when I regretted my decision was when I found out that due to my own ignorance I had booked a room without window. Never had such a cave before in my entire life.

The staff compensated for this with their marvellous attitude. All good things said here about the hotel are entirely true! Great value for money and superb location...the only better hotel in Hanoi I have been to is it's sister hotel "Hanoi Serene" - diagonally on the other side of the street from "Charming".

Room Tip: Standard rooms have no window. So, read the room description carefully before booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Banskali
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a very good choice for the budget traveller in Hanoi. The rooms had soft beds and the showers were hot and the pressure good. Stayed there twice once on the 7th floor and once on the 4th floor. It has a lift so no problems. Breakfast was good though a bit limited and they were happy to give an extra cup of coffee if you asked.
The best part about this place is the staff and owner. Mr Duc was able to organize our tour to Sapa and the trecking, even though we had left it a bit late to book and the trains get very full on weekends. He arranged pick ups and return trips to the airport and booked our bus tickets to Ninh Bin and had us picked up from the hotel by the tourist bus. Ms Hong who speaks very good English was most helpfull and rang the hotel we had chosen in Ninh Binh and made our bookings for us and they organized for us to be met at the tourist bus stop to get to the hotel. She also helped along with Mr Duc and Mr Suy to give directions to find a place to buy a new camera after we had lost ours in Laos, Mr Suy (hope I got the spelling right) was the night operator and was always helpfull and smiling and gave us directions to Pho 10 which was a good place for dinner. The rest of the staff also were always smiling and helpful even if their English was a bit limited. They were able understand us and we them. Overall this was an excellent place to stay, not far from the main lake and there was no noise In the rooms. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Micheal1
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed the hotel for 3 nights. The location is great, near Hoan Kiem lake in the Old Quater. The room was clean and pretty, equipped with flat TV and Computer with internet. The breakfast menu is good too. As well as Continental and American, I could even order Pho. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They waited for me when I arrive late on the first day, called taxi for me and estimated fair price. When I have to wait for a open tour bus to Hue for few hours after checked out, I waited at the hotel and chatted with staffs. They gave me free water and coffee. Phuong is very helpful and always smiling. The charming hotel is great place. I would definitely stay there again when I visit Hanoi next time.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Shinsuke007
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Clean and affordable. Welcomed by really friendly hotel staff who provided great help and recommendations on good food! The staff make us feel at home. Also, the hotel serves delicious breakfast and provides free luggage storage when we travel away from hanoi. :)) overall very satisfied..

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank teeqs
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Charming for 2 nights. The staff were fantastic, gave us breakfast when we arrived early from a horror sleeper bus ride from Dong Hoi and then we got an early check in. They organised our train tickets to Sapa and let us use a room to have a shower before we got the train. Really good service. The location is great too, right in the thick of the Old Quarter but down a lane so very quiet. Good wifi and good breakfasts. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple