“only worth it if you have to be in this area” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Danly Hotel

Danly Hotel
Ranked #391 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Prague, Czech Republic
“only worth it if you have to be in this area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights for work and this hotel is relatively close to our office, so for that reason it worked for me. They project themselves as a 3 star hotel, but honestly it is more like 2 stars.
I felt safe enough, there is security in the lobby and there is a good lock on the door. The room was clean and spacious, but some things in there puzzled me, such as some ratty old slippers with big holes in them. Why put those in the room? When I travel in Asia, I have a habit of bringing my own disposable slippers with me (and also a pillowcase), just because some hotels don't provide slippers and in some hotels the pillow cases are dodgy.
The other thing is that they have a water kettle and mugs in the room and a price list of the tea bags and coffee sachets (all very cheap) but..... tea and coffee were not available in the room. And I was too lazy to go downstairs and get it. In fact: there is an extensive price list of the minibar, however, the only thing in the minibar was some water, a coke and a can of beer. None of the other 15 or so items named on the price list were in the fridge. Hence the 2 stars!

The Danly hotel was clean enough, provided the normal quality toilettries and the good thing is that it is quiet, so I slept very well.
The area really has nothing in it and it is a good 20 minutes to downtown (Hoan Kiem Lake/the Old Quarter). So if I hadn't been there for work, I would most definitely not have chosen the hotel.
The restaurant is very mediocre, and the linen in the restaurant is stained. Good enough for a bowl of noodle soup, good enough for a quick breakfast with some eggs, toast and fruit, but don't expect a great breakfast.
The hotel is cheap and functional, and so is the breakfast :-)
The staff is very friendly though and with a bit of effort (and knowledge of the city), you are but a short taxi ride away from very nice restaurants. It is easy for the hotel to get a taxi for you and they will explain to the driver where to take you.
Also there is a relatively nice foot massage place right next door.

Room Tip: if you are keen on having a non-smoking room, make it clear and check out the room.... many people o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Conihor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

1. No security. People from other room open my room using their key card, it's a shock to me. You can imagine what happen if you are sleeping, people with bad intention will cause you your life.
2. Once I reached there, waited a while for them to clean the room. After checking in, there's a fungi small in the room, I opened up the blanket, it's sting and look, a patch of fungi. Open the bedsheet, LOOK AND BEHOLD!!!! patches of BLOOD on the bedsheet!!!!
Asked them to change the bedsheet, you know what I got, they replace with TORN bedsheet. The fantastic thing was, the room service lady still want to cover the bed with the sting blanket with fungi!!!! oh, ghoshhhh..... I should have take photo and post it here.
And for the whole week I stay there, they never changed the torn bedsheet!!!!!
3. The towel were always have fungi smell, some of the towel even have a green patch of fungi!!!!!!
4. The wardrobe was dusty and also have fungi, its stingggggg....
5. I ordered dinner from the 2nd floor restaurant, they always printed the US$ exchange rate US$1=19500 Dong on their receipt, that's not the correct rate, it's just for fooling people. You noticed that when they returned your change, your money always short!!!!
6. When you book taxi from them, they don't even care, they called taxi at the time you want to leave, no taxi and they called any taxi from the road which later overchanged me!
7. The design of the bathroom is really ridiculous, the bath tub was covered with glass to prevent water to wet the floor and you have to climb in the bath tub to have your shower, imagine after shower, it's so slippery you need to climb down from the bath tub, if you are not careful you may slipped and injured you self. The bath tub is much higher than your knee, can you imagine!!!!
8. Their room service did not really clean the room, I noticed there's small fly dead body at the bath room cup used for gurgle mouth when you brush your teeth, it was there for the whole week!!!
9. The breakfast buffet is really pathetic, they even serving spoilt bread. The vege and noodle taste horrible. The cake is so dry. Almost the same type of food everyday, after the first day, i rather skip my buffet breakfast!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank enliten_plg

Travelers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

Location is no good. Nothing around the hotel. The place is quiet at night, nothing to do. Service is very bad. I had to call them to put towels in the room everyday. They did not put any towels in the room! I had to call room service just to bring me towels.
Breakfast is bad, no variety, the only eatable thing I had was porridge and eggs.
Room structure is very bad(maybe only the room I got). If you sit at the table, you cannot watch TV.
TV reception is VERY bad. HBO, cartoon network and all is not working, they could not get it repaired for the 1 week that I was there. Told the reception about it, and till the 7th day, it was still not working well.
Laundry NEVER came back on time for the 3 times that I sent. I have to call them everytime to return it.
I am never going back to the hotel again. Totally not worth the price you pay. WOrst than 2 star.
To make things worst, there was once, I returned to the hotel about 11pm, they off the lights in the passage ways too!! Dark and do not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PandaMoy
Hanoi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and his colleagues were billeted at Danly Hotel on June 18, 2010 and later joined him there on the 23rd of June 2010. This is our second time to stay in that hotel, our first was last year. The room was spacious, clean & comfortable. The bed however was not good as it was squeaky every time you move. The complimentary breakfast was good and has variety. However, the coffee cups provided in the room has permanent stain on it on its four corners and the water heater is not at once provided in the room unless requested . Hot water supply on the shower is intermittent and suddenly runs out while using it. The location is okay however, the price is not commensurate to the services provided.
We were supposed to stay in the hotel until mid July 2010 but due to a disgustful experience, we transferred to a hotel at the old quarter. The front desk staff, a guy who looks like a Japanese is so rude and inhospitable. He should not be at the front desk. I feel harassed when he confronted me with a towel that came from our room with mild stain from it and warned me to remove the stain otherwise, the value of the towel will be charged to me. I laundered it and it required just a little effort to remove the stain and returned it to the hotel fresh and clean. Last year, this same guy had a squabble with a bell boy of the same hotel when I paid a 2 U.S. dollar bill which he wanted to own because of his belief that it is a lucky charm. Worse, the colleague of my husband had discovered that the safety deposit box provided in our rooms cannot be opened with his pin code. When it was opened by the hotel staff, he was surprised to know that his 3 million VND were missing inside the box. The same thing happened to us and 3 million VND which we kept on the safety deposit box in our room was also missing. Last year when we stayed in the same hotel, the safety deposit box in our room cannot be opened again through our pin code. Surprisingly, the hotel staff easily opened it. Luckily, we did not keep on said box our valuables and money except for our passports. I just hope that this concern will be acted upon by the management of Danly Hotel immediately otherwise it will be disadvantageous to their cause.
Vietnam is an amazing country and I hope Danly Hotel will contribute to a stronger Tourism industry of Vietnam by taking action to my concern. Thank you for any immediate attention.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business