Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Loved it!

We did the three-day, two-night cruise in Ha Long Bay with kayaking and hiking in Cat Ba... read more

Reviewed March 17, 2020
ketennis23
Atlanta, Georgia
Amazing!

An amazing experience. Hugh Grant was a brilliant guide! All the activities were fun and there was... read more

Reviewed March 4, 2020
255jonathane

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $130.00
from $120.00
from $18.14
from $272.44
More Info
All reviews cat ba island lan ha bay our tour guide halong bay bbq dinner hugh jackman bike ride one night local village viet hai village squid fishing included kayaking cooking class crew members great activities night trip cooking demonstration
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

UniCharm Cruises was recommended to me by a family member, so I knew it would be a fantastic experience!
I chose the 3 day/2 night cruise because I wanted to relax and absorb the natural beauty of the Bay, its serenity , peace and quiet while enjoying activities that gave you a unique perspective of the area.
This included kayaking to a lagoon and swimming in warm jade color water, hiking in a national park, visiting the Trung Trang Grotto, an incredible cave that saved the lives of many Vietnamese who found refuge in the cage to escape the relentless Vietnam war bombing. The biking tour was excellent.
I’m not one that likes group activities, but with our guide Hi, also called Hi Hi or Hi Hi Hi, it was a true pleasure. Hi Hi has an excellent sense of humour. His English is nearly perfect, he is very knowledgeable of the area, the history of this beautiful country. He loves English expressions. If you are lucky enough to have him you will hear him say ‘it is not my cup of tea ‘. Excellent guide! Ask for him!
Food during our 3 day cruise was plentiful and more than excellent. Kudo to the chef and his sous-chef. Nice display of culinary pleasures. I eat like a queen!
My room was overlooking the water, peaceful and scenic, very nice and roomy, kept really clean. The staff was very discreet and really all excellent.
A well organized Ha Long Bay cruise, I definitely recommend UniCharm. Not cheap (maybe because I was a solo traveler) but worth the money you will spend. Try it!
Cheers,
Francoise Brossard

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank francoisebrossard
Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

I cannot recommend this tour highly enough. From the hotel pick up to the end of the tour, everything was done seamlessly and professionally with exceptional service.
The boat was beautiful, beds very comfortable, rooms clean and spacious with breathtaking views of the bay. The food was plentiful, authentic and delicious - best oysters I have ever had
The kayaking and swimming was extremely enjoyable, and we couldn’t believe how private the spot was. Cycling through the village was another highlight.
I would recommend this tour to anyone - and i will go back for sure.
Our tour guide Hieu was so attentive and so much fun to spend two days with. His English is fantastic and he told us some great stories and had us all laughing on the bus trip out to Ha Long.

1  Thank jesstR8012SE
Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

From the start of the transportation from Hanoi, the tour had been really enjoyable. Luxury transfer bus and fun itinerary with biking and kayaking. It also doesn't hurt that we also had a funny tour guide, Hieu. He was an experienced and attentive guy. The boat was docked in a quieter Lan Hau bay definitely great for couples enjoying a quiet night. We really enjoyed the cruise.

1  Thank jaskuo777
Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

We spent a night aboard the UniCharm as part of a 3 day/2 night tour with Vega Travel. Having spent the first night on a smaller boat, this was certainly a step up in style!

The UniCharm has big modern bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows - great views. The boat is really well laid out, with a huge sun deck on the top, open air (but covered) large bar and huge restaurant area with a number of tables outside on the deck which is a great touch.

The staff were great - always smiling with anything never too much. Quang the tour guide was very enthusiastic and Tony the head of the bar/restaurant was really friendly and accommodating.

As a bigger boat, it didn’t feel quite as intimate as the one we spent our first night on - so we were glad to have the mix of both.

Would 100% recommend.

Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

We did the 2 day 1 night cruise in Ha Long Bay. Cabin, food/drinks, activites was very good. Special thanks to our tour guide Hieu. Very helpful with getting us transport to the airport after the cruise. All over a great cruise and a great tour guide.

1  Thank stevanva