All reviews intrepid tour stayed here old quarter minute walk busy area three star good size shower head within walking distance high floor bed was comfortable buffet breakfast enjoyed my stay west lake pho central hanoi short stay
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was our first hotel to stay in when coming to Vietnam and it did not disappoint! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and really helped with anything that we needed. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the lift runs fast (something we did not have a lot of our trip in Vietnam)....and we only paid $30AUD per room, per night to stay here!

The bar and restaurant are fairly pricey for Vietnam standards but of course in Australian standards is cheap. Everything we ordered here was great and it is good if you just want some downtime away from the hustle and bustle of the streets.

It is approximately a 15 minute walk to the lake where all of the bid shopping is although there are plenty of little shops and places to eat just doors away. The weekend night markets are also just up the road. The hotels spa services were brilliant and not too bad priced for the quality you get. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again should we return to Hanoi - definitely a great and cheap place!!

Date of stay: November 2013
1  Thank Jordy90
Hongngochotelgroups, Manager at Hong Ngoc Cochinchine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of your complimentary and kind words regarding our high standard of services. We genuinely have a passion for all of our guests and we are glad that they can feel it like you did.

We thank you once again for your continuous support and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Was in Hanoi for three days and used this hotel before an Intrepid tour. The staff were excellent (very helpful, and sent one to buy my wife a phone and SIM card). Helped with directions, and had a good exchange rate changing US dollars into Dong. The Resturant was reasonable in both food and price ( we had two breakfasts and one dinner).

About a 20 minute walk from the Old Quarter and the Lake, however if you turn left from the hotel and walk about 200 metres up the street you come to Ho Truc Bach and West lakes, both have some nice cafe's and are a bit less hectic than the Old/ French Quarter.

Try the lake at 6 in the morning (if you cant sleep) there is a locals market along the WestLake shore, with the locals also doing their Ti Chi and Aerobics. You will be just about the olny tourist there at that time (and take your camera).

back to the Hotel, the rooms are typically Asian size, with a hard (but good for your back) bed. there aer two lifts however they service different sides of the hotel so make sure the one you are shown to is the one you always use. We had a 7th floor room facing the street. There was not much noise (for Hanoi) and we both slept very well.

Only issue was the bathroom that tended to flood when using the hend held shower, be careful getting out of the shower.

Helpfull English speaking staff, comfortable room, cheapish good food, reasonably priced hotel.

Recommended.

Room tip: Higher Floors facing the street have a good view over the rooftops of the local area. Noise is fine
Date of stay: November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. Certainly it is our highest ambition to meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests, which is why we appreciate your review, as it helps us to monitor and improve our services

I wish you continued safe and enjoyable travels and look forward to welcoming you back. There will have much nice offers for these customers who have been in Hong Ngoc hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

During my stay in Vietnam, I felt that Hong Ngoc Cochinchine had a lot to offer to weary and the adventurous.

The staff at Hong Ngoc was helpful, friendly, and always willing to take the time to get to know their guests. The front desk is a great way to get information of where to go to around the place. The hotels location is situated within walking distance to Hong Kiem lake, Hong Ngọc Hospital and, Ho Chi Minh mausoleum. In addition, the front desk can easily and safely book transportation and excursions in Hanoi. During my stay at Hong Ngoc Cochinchine, after talking to the friendly front desk attendant, I was able to book a trip and travel to Ha Long Bay the very next day.

Despite the noise of the busy streets, I found the room I stayed in to be conformable, clean, and relaxing place to stay in. The room had everything I needed including phone services, Internet, and storage to put all your belongings. Breakfast, which was included, was very good and consisted of a wide variety of American, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisines.

Indeed, I found my stay at Hotel Hong Ngoc Cochinchine to be both a simple and satisfying experience and recommended it during your time in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Hongngochotelgroups, Manager at Hong Ngoc Cochinchine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure reading such positive a feedback as yours and I thank you for that. Our priority is to have all of our guests have a magnifique experience at Hong Ngoc Hotel and I am proud of my whole team who have met your expectations in terms of high quality of services.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of an intrepid tour. This hotel was serviceable, yet unspectacular. The room we had was generally clean and everything worked. It felt a bit outdated and moldy, and the bed was quite firm. However other than that, there wasn't really much to complain about. Breakfast was OK, with a decent selection of food for a mid range hotel. We exchanged our money at reception (from AUD to Dong) and they gave us a really good exchange rate compared to the banks. In terms of location, if you're looking to explore the old quarter and Hong Kiem lake, it's about a 15 min walk away. Whilst this isn't far, I'd probably look for something closer. Try the Meracus hotels perhaps. Otherwise there's nothing much around this hotel. The French bakery half a block away is fantastic, and I recommend that

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hongngochotelgroups, Manager at Hong Ngoc Cochinchine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting Hong Ngoc hotel as your residence of choice during your recent stay in Vietnam and also for taking the time to tell us about your experiences while with us.

About the exploration of ancient quater, I would like to recommend you our best hotel - Hong Ngoc Dynastie (30 - 34 Hang Manh), where is located in the heart of ancient quater very near Sword lake ( About 5' for walking) also you can enjoy many foods traditional in Viet Nam.

Manager team

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here at the start of our trip through Vietnam & Cambodia. Hotel staff were excellent and very helpful with directions, maps etc. Location is good and most things are within walking distance if you don't mind walking. Breakfast was fine, nothing outstanding but still good. We did not get a view but the room was clean and quiet. Like a lot of hotels in Vietnam there was no pool.

Date of stay: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback following your recent stay at Hong Ngoc hotel. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Our priority is to have all of our guests have a magnifique experience at Hong Ngoc Hotel and I am proud of my whole team who have met your expectations in terms of high quality of service.

Manager team