“Great food, and even better service and staff”
Review of The Halia at Westlake - CLOSED

The Halia at Westlake
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Halia (or ‘ginger’ in the Malay language) began in the one-hectare Ginger Garden of the Singapore Botanic Gardens where over 250 species of gingers with their stunning foliage and colourful flowers thrive. In 2008, the Halia was officially opened in Hanoi. This is Halia’s first overseas outlet. In keeping with The Halia’s philosophy of creating memorable experiences through food, ambience and service, The Halia Hanoi focuses on the integral purpose of dining ~ pure pleasure. With that commitment in mind, The Halia brings to Hanoians a dining experience not found anywhere else in the capital. An intimate bar greets you upon entry where you can have a tipple or two before adjourning to the main dining room. Located just beside the scenic West Lake, the wide windows provides a majestic view of the water. Tuck into hearty and comforting signatures while being tended to by our warm and friendly servers. As you end your evening at the Halia, savour a night cap in our exclusive whisky den on the upper floor.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great food, and even better service and staff”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Went to Halia at westlake for dinner without reservation, after walking by the restaurant in the afternoon. Wish I had been hungry enough for the 3 or 4 course set dinner with wine pairing, but stuck to main course. Food was delicious, and staff excellent! It was a pleasure to enjoy the service of Tuan and Nga and follow their recommendations. Will definitely go back if I visit Hanoi again.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank tripadvise2010

• Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Really good restaurant!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Nice and personalized service. Great food and good prices. The restaurant only has around 10 tables so remember to book a table in advance. I would definitely go again!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Camilla Cathrin... M
“Amazone foie gras”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Came here alone, follow Hanoi friends advise, addict of foie gras, I took pan foie gras with Chocolat and pineapple mousse, first time, amazing feeling in mouth,
Then Caesar salad great. will become one of my favorite address when I pass by Hanoi!

1 Thank Mark W
“Amazing Service!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Amazing service, that's the best way I can describe our experience at Halia.
We just celebrated a special occasion there and it's the best costumer service I have experienced in Vietnam (and I've been around for about 6 years).
The food and the private room they set up for us were all unbelievable and the attention to detail, the execution of the dishes and the flavors were all excellent.
Special mention to Mr Thong, who was responsible to make our day a truly memorable one.
Thank you all and I'll be coming back again for sure.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AVCH14
Campodarsego, Italy
“a culinary delight”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a very pleasant small restaurant in the centre of Hanoi. If you're expecting huge portions of Vietnamese food this is not the place for you, but, if you want to get those taste buds going on food made with love, then this is the place for you.
My son and I opted for the set menu, fried squid, and wild mushroom tartlet, followed by tuna steak and black cod baked in a wonderful broth in greaseproof paper served with smoked japanese rice. For sweet, an apple tartlet with mango cream and ice cream. We had 3 glasses of wine, each appropriate for each course and finished with a fine whisky and rum.
I loved every mouthful and must admit I didn't think the portions would be enough but I was wrong, they were perfect.
Generally I was impressed by the many different tastes in these dishes, they fired my curiosity and I still can't identify them, which makes me want to return there again and try some more of their excellent food.
We paid about 80$ in two.
The staff were excellent, especially our waiter in training. He was very efficient, helpful and well informed and most of all cheerful!
A mention must be made about the manager, he too was very professional and helpful.
I reccomend you travellers to give this place a try, buon appetito.

• Visited July 2014