“Would not stay here again”

Prince 1 Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #302 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Australia
“Would not stay here again”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We have stayed at Prince 1 before and was excited to go back there. We were in a family room fro three and a single room. The smaller room was like a box and the topilet was broken and the only window was to the hallway with no curtain. The larger room was well decorated but the airconditioner was broken and as was the toilet, neither of these were fixed although I asked a few times. Toilet was a leaky pipe, I could have fixed this myself!!!!! They would not even give me a fan. On booking they were slowe to respond to emails but assured me for staying three nights they told me that airport pickup was free - on checking out they gave me a $5 discount for the room $30 rather than $35 and charged me airport pick up. There was not much we could do about this as my emails were at work at home and we needed to leave our bags there for the night.
Also left my laptp in the safe it wasnt it was left on the desk.
Will never stay here again very dissapointing.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Vietnamese first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

pros: Beautiful spacious, clean room
helpful staff, woke up early to make us breakfast since we were leaving super early for airport
booked very fair priced taxi to airport for us
quiet room
free wifi
free computers with internet in lobby
good location, great for wandering

cons: no elevator (but that is not such a big deal unless you have trouble walking up stairs)
make sure to double check bill, they made mistake on ours but were more than happy to take off over charge when I pointed it out

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jlly0300
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I booked for Deluxe Room w/ Balcony and I was given a standard room with window looking down a storage area of the next building. The website says standard room has bath tub but mine didn't have. I got a shower sparingly sprinkling water in a joint room with the toilet and the floor gets flooded even before I finished taking shower.

The bed was big. It was actually 2 beds joined together so I would often wake up in the midle of the night stuck in between the beds.

The website pictures of the bedrooms look like they are immaculately polished. In reality, I got a dusty room with old furnitures.

But still, I was billed the price of the Deluxe Room.

I also requested for some tours but with $5 mark up price for each. I found out later that the tour agency was just across the street.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

USA
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Our family has stayed at Prince 1 Hotel a half dozen times. Always clean and friendly; good location. Wi-fi and basic breakfast. Pretty cheap ($18-35)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank StillWithUs
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2009

The Prince 1 Hotel in Hanoi was terrible. From the lobby up to the rooms, it was dingy and gross. The guy who worked at the front desk was CLEARLY on drugs, and useless. The we booked a "superior" room and it had two twin beds, that had bambi bedspreads on them. The room was dirty, there wasn't a deadbolt on the door, the bathroom hadn't been cleaned, there were burn marks on the floor and walls, the furniture was falling apart, it was just decrepit. There are hostels that are cleaner and nicer that the Prince 1. As two young women travelling through Vietnam, this was the only place we felt unsafe. We didn't even spend the night there, we had to leave. We checked out and went to the Zephyr Hotel instead. It was amazing. Definitely stay there instead- its more expensive but totally worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends