“Nice hotel, perfect position, helpful staff”

Hanoi Lucky II Hotel
Ranked #52 of 367 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Parma, Italy
“Nice hotel, perfect position, helpful staff”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at Hanoi Lucky Hotel in December 2013. the hotel is located in the old quarter close to the curch, the lake and the markets for the shopping. the staff is really nice and the owner, Mr Trung is really helpful in explain everything about Hanoi and the possibilities of travel in the North.We booked with the hostel 2 trips, one in Sapa and one in Halong Bay and everything was perfect and well organized. we also had the possibility to shower early in the morning even if our room was not ready. Thank you again!
Cecilia e marco

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CeciliaPlicco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Nguyen is wonderful manager & gave us great deal.The hotel was amazing and he made sure we had all things we need during are stay in Hanoi. The rooms are super clean and it's located in old city of Hanoi. Nguyen gave us all the helpful tips and made sure our motorcycles were locked every night.I highly recommend it and we stayed for 4 nights.He speaks English and we had wonderful conversions with him.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on tourist street and you get real feel what Hanoi represents.Plus they have a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mschulzster
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at the lucky hotel on my visit to Hanoi last week and had the best experience. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The hotel manager helped us with a day trip to Haylong Bay and also helped me in selling my motorbike. Great street food to eat around, cheap laundry service and close to shopping and the train station.

Highly recommended to anyone visiting the area. Did I mention hot water and air conditioning along with clean spacious rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sidd S
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have stayed at both the Lucky 1 and 2 about 4 times over the last 5 years. Both are so centrally located. The rooms are a great size with room to move around. We also found that the staff will do whatever it takes to make you the guest happy. The breakfast is simple but sufficient, especially Vietnam Coffee. I brought home loads from every visit. There is no problem with cleanliness' all round, especially the bedding. We also had stored our luggage on 1 occasion for a three day stay in Sapa. Be aware there are many Lucky Hotels in Hanoi so be sure to print the Hotel Details especially the address! Lucky 1 and 2 are very near each other and you can't go wrong staying in either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New Orleans
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A friend recommended this hotel and he was right about the friendly and helpful owner.
He had a driver pick us up from the airport and he was on time and courteous.
When we left for an early morning flight the owner got up and fixed us a breakfast-to-go
before his kitchen was even open. We are 2 60's+ ladies and felt safe at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank DbbNewOrleans
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am Fred of the Philippines. We stayed here from June 18-25, 2013. This is an excellent place to stay in Hanoi. Value for money-- large room with T&B at the right price; there's even breakfast! Great location-- near the church, restos, market, and Hoan Kien Lake. Best people-- the owner is so friendly; Mr. Trung is accommodating; and the staff is helpful. We will go back next year to Hanoi with a big group and we will stay again in this hotel. :)

Room Tip: There's is no elevator so try to get a room on the ground floor to the thrid floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred B
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is my first trip to Hanoi and I found this hotel on the internet. The hotel is nice. Room is clean and well-equipped. The hot shower and air-con work so well. It is so good for me in winter. It is now in winter in Hanoi, the coldest season of the year. The staffs are extremely nice, friendly and kind-hearted. As I did not know much about Vietnam, I therefore had to ask for so many questions in details. Mr Trung, the hotel manager are so kind enough to give me all the details information and satisfies my requests very promptly. He booked for me all the good tour to Halong bay, sapa, Hoalu-Tam coc, etc with good food and experienced guide. With my short stay (9 days) I still did not have enough time to visit all nice places in Vietnam. I plan to come back to Hanoi again this year and stay at this hotel. Thank you so much all the staffs at Hanoi Lucky Hotel.
* Fantastic experience with Hanoi Lucky Hotel