Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
The little plus that made a big difference in my trip

I contacted Thanh just as I arrived in Hanoi,at first I was just planning the Bat Trang ceramic... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
emiijaa
Hanoi and Around with Thanh

We had a fantastic day with Tam who we organised through Thanh. Tam was a super enthusiastic... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
B5171VCalisons
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $5.20
from $33.00
from $4.90
from $1.00
More Info
All reviews knife making pottery village coffee tour coffee tasting cooking class authentic experiences bat trang pottery class food tour behind the scenes tour guide vietnamese family speaks excellent english egg coffee everyday life vietnamese culture old quarter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thanh brought me to a basket maker village and a pottery village. She was more then well prepared and I enjoyed her sophisticated company. We not only talked about the handcrafting villages but also about history, contemporary art and culture. It was informative and entertained me a lot. Thank you Thanh!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

"Tea" was the guide for our coffee tour in Hanoi. She's a bubbly girl who spoke good English. She met our group of 6 at our hotel in the Old Quarters. She was punctual and thoughtful throughout the 3.5 hours tour. We were told that her company had initially planned for us to visit 7 instead of 5 cafes due to the large group booking (How nice of them!). However, we were a little pressed for time and so we were not able to visit the additional two places.

We told Tea that we would like to end the tour near Dong Xuan Market and she was able to adjust the itinerary on the spot. Ironically, half the group were not regular coffee drinkers so we asked Thanh in advance if it was possible to order other beverages instead, which wasn't a problem.

The beverages and recommended coffee drinks by Tea were delicious! It's really a pity that we were unable to spend a longer time in each cafe due to our own schedule. Some of the memorable coffee drinks we had were yogurt with coffee, egg coffee, coconut coffee, and white coffee. I think it's a little too much coffee within a short time of 3 hours as some of the portions were big. I think 3 cafes and coffee shops with some snacks to mediate the caffeine would have been perfect. Definitely recommend this tour to anyone who is interested to explore the hidden cafes and interesting coffee beverages!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my husband visited Hanoi in Jan 2020 and took a tour provided by Thanh. We absolutely loved this tour! Thanh gave us a wonderful insight into the local culture and way of life. From markets to schools and pagodas, we learned all about the history and day to day living of hanoi residents. It was topped off with an amazing coconut coffee in a verh hidden coffee shop. She was so helpful and enthusiastic and even gave us a list of restaurants and foods to try during the rest of stay in hanoi.
Could not reccomend enough!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

I did the street food tour today with Ms Tea! I am still full, the food was so delicious. The local and historical information was great! I didn't get to meet Than herself but she was so accommodating of my last minute planning and easy to deal with.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Thanh was not able to guide us due to last min urgency but she is able to inform me in advance and arrange a replacement guide, Tea. Tea is very friendly and share a lot of local information with us. The tour is well paced and we manage to visit the pottery village and even hosted by a local family for some tea and snack. There is some miscommunication between the delivery staff and the hotel concierge when they try to deliver the pottery production that we did during the visit but Thanh is able to sort it out for us and deliver the items to us before we left Hanoi. Highly recommend the service.

Date of experience: December 2019