“Amazing!”

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #76 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had an amazing stay at Hanoi Serenity Hotel in June 2012 for 4 nights. The highlight was definitely the amazing, friendly and extremely helpful staff. They helped us organize trips to Halong Bay and Sapa, which completely lived up to our expectations and the standards promised by the staff at Serenity. They arranged a shower and a bed for a couple of hours of sleep, when we returned back from the trips – free of charge. They had great suggestion for places to go/see/eat in Hanoi. When the monsoon caused a complete traffic jam, the staff made sure that we made it to the train station on time by driving us in their own private car.

The rooms are clean and well taken care of. We were upgraded on our second night to a bigger room – and we were very satisfied with both of them. Computers were available both in the rooms and in the lobby.

We would highly recommend the Hanoi Serenity Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariastougaard

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for a week as a family occupying 2 rooms - one on the first floor and one on the fourth. No elevator but staff carried our cases up to the rooms without us asking them. Both rooms were really big and clean and had big windows with nice views. First floor room had a decent computer with internet access. Showers were boiling hot - if you switched on the heater 10 mins before you intended to use them, as instructed by the staff. Breakfast was western style with eggs and bacon, banana pancakes etc (nine different options were available) with free flowing vietnamese coffee and tea. Tried several from the menu over the week and they were all great. Location is about 10 minutes walk from the Hoan Kiem lake through the main old quarter district. There is a restaurant next door but one and several cafes immediately adjacent. The staff were incredibly helpful. They helped us book trips outside Hanoi. gave us advice for places to go inside the city. Organised taxis to take us to and from the airport. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Would definitely recommend this place and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

For your trip to Vietnam - should you start in the north - just book the flight and the serenity. All the rest in information for Vietnam you have been searching for to get all the insights you will get from the manager there...
Further the rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast is basic but more than fine. From the hotel it's just a 5 min walk to the more vibrating backpackers area (which means you will get a good night of sleep).

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank SEAflenz
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We booked with Hanoi Serenity at the last minute and were upgraded for the same price of the basic room.

The rooms are large and spacious, the showers are warm (albeit do cool down over use - this is somewhat commonplace though), reception were friendly and offered some great advice about the city (as well as a good Halong Bay tour) and the breakfasts were delicious.

Room Tip: No elevator, about 100 steps up to the top level rooms (601,602,603); however, the staff seem willin...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBourkster
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked 2 nights of a standard room for my arrival in Vietnam and I really regret it. The staff is nice, my room wasn't too noisy and the linen was clean, but my bed was so hard that I had the feeling to sleep (I should say try to sleep) on the floor ! And having a cold shower in november is definitly painfull, even in Hanoi !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank sarah r
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Room was clean, all toiletries included. No security box but you can leave your valuables at the reception. They give you map and tips for visits and eating places. They were very helpful when we left our luggage while travelling to Halong Bay and offered us shower after we reaturned to collect it. They also let us stay until 10pm and called a reliable taxi for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katerina G
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a standard room at this hotel and they gave me a free upgrade to a superior room because I requested a window :) The room itself was in ok condition but was always clean with a huge bed, cable TV and WiFi. Biggest downside was that there was constant noise from outside (hooting of horns every minute, as is the way in Hanoi!) Location was a bit of a downside for me as the area was a bit dead at night for restaurants and bars and it was a bit too far from Hoan Kiem lake where the life seemed to be.
All staff were extremely helpful and as I was travelling solo for this part of my holiday, I really appreciated this! They had already booked me onto a Sapa trip as requested by email. On the day I was heading to Sapa, they allowed me to extend my check out time for a few more hours so I could relax in my room before my night train. Upon my return they opened up at 6am so I could pick up my luggage, use the internet and freshen up in the bathroom.
They did my laundry in only a few hours on the first day and actually sent someone out on a motorbike to buy me a Vietnamese sim card as the shops nearby weren't selling any! The lady at reception helped me book a couple of tours for myself and my boyfriend even though we would be staying in another hotel in the city at that time.
Breakfast was simple but variety was good. A fantastic hotel for service and comfort!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo