“Very Proffesional and Helpful”

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #74 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Room was clean, all toiletries included. No security box but you can leave your valuables at the reception. They give you map and tips for visits and eating places. They were very helpful when we left our luggage while travelling to Halong Bay and offered us shower after we reaturned to collect it. They also let us stay until 10pm and called a reliable taxi for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katerina G

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a standard room at this hotel and they gave me a free upgrade to a superior room because I requested a window :) The room itself was in ok condition but was always clean with a huge bed, cable TV and WiFi. Biggest downside was that there was constant noise from outside (hooting of horns every minute, as is the way in Hanoi!) Location was a bit of a downside for me as the area was a bit dead at night for restaurants and bars and it was a bit too far from Hoan Kiem lake where the life seemed to be.
All staff were extremely helpful and as I was travelling solo for this part of my holiday, I really appreciated this! They had already booked me onto a Sapa trip as requested by email. On the day I was heading to Sapa, they allowed me to extend my check out time for a few more hours so I could relax in my room before my night train. Upon my return they opened up at 6am so I could pick up my luggage, use the internet and freshen up in the bathroom.
They did my laundry in only a few hours on the first day and actually sent someone out on a motorbike to buy me a Vietnamese sim card as the shops nearby weren't selling any! The lady at reception helped me book a couple of tours for myself and my boyfriend even though we would be staying in another hotel in the city at that time.
Breakfast was simple but variety was good. A fantastic hotel for service and comfort!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Space: The room was clean enough (some limescale in the bathroom), but above all I felt safe. The little gnat-type flies, everywhere in Hanoi, initially concerned me. I found a few of them in the room and on the bed (only because I didn't know what they were I was anxious). The staff were quick to respond, and I had no issues with them. Slept just fine. Wifi is available, but I stayed on the 6th floor and for some reason it didn't work in the room. I did have a nice sized room with city views.

The Tours: They were great helping me to organize my tours in Sapa and Halong Bay. I'm quite satisfied with them, particularly Halong Bay. I'm glad they helped me organize Sapa (quite frankly I got lazy), but it is easy enough for you to go it alone and organize yourself cheaply with very decent lodgings. On Halong bay, I've heard tours range from $90-$260 USD. Look at your budget and go with your gut to see what fits. I splurged with a $260 tour (3 days/2 nights incl. rock climbing option) and it was sooo worth it.

My Thoughts: I had doubts on my first night, but that dissipated soon enough and I enjoyed my stay. The staff were warm, friendly and helpful. They made me feel comfortable and welcome especially when I returned from my tours and needed a quick shower, a nibble, or a break between tours. The level of spoken English by the staff varied; however, be patient because they do want to help. So ask them to explain in detail what to expect each step of the way before setting off on a trip to avoid misinformation.

Room Tip: Throughout Vietnam all rooms will vary in quality and amenities. Feel free to ask to see another roo...
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Do it!! Stay here! The staff are so obliging and friendly - nothing is too much trouble. They have beautiful, colour photo books on any tour you may want to do and the same price as the travel agents. All your questions will be answered and lots of choices on offer with the tours, places to visit, how to get there etc.
My room was on the 6th floor and staff carried my luggage up. I enjoyed walking the 6 flights as I love exercise :) If this bothers you simply ask for a room on a lower level. My bed was king sized in a huge room with windows the width of the wall. The room was spotless, bed comfortable and bathroom had toothbrushes, soap etc.
All inclusive breakfast is from a basic menu, but tasty and satisfying. Coffee and tea on supply all day as is water. I bartered hard for my room and got it down to $12 as I was happy to try another hotel. You won't get this rate in season so be prepared to pay the asking rate.
The hotel is conveniently located with lots of street food, restaurants, atm's and touristy shops.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in September on the recommendation of a friend and had an excellent experience. As a solo female traveler it was so reassuring to have friendly staff to help me organize tours and book my onward travel. I booked a room here before I flew out to Vietnam and the hotel even arranged for a fixed price taxi to pick me up from the airport at 06:45.

I can’t say enough good things! The room rates are reasonable, breakfast is included, there is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and some rooms even have a dedicated PC for guests to use. If you’ve forgotten any toiletries almost everything you can imagine is provide. You can also pay for your bill by credit card and in USD if preferred.

Nothing was too much hassle for Mr Soo and his staff; this was a really great hotel.

If I had to come up with a negative it was that I paid quite a bit more for my trip to Ha Long Bay than other members of my tour but the security of knowing I had booked with a reputable company and would have a great experience was so much more important.

Room Tip: Some rooms have dedicated PC's book these if you can
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as a base for exploring Hanoi. I arrived exhausted so I appreciated the welcome drink they provided. It was also a pleasant surprise to see an in-room PC for internet use. The room was on the small side but I didn't mind since I was alone. The hotel has no elevator so going up and down the 5th floor was quite exhausting! But overall, I'm satisfied with my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I can credit the staff enough for their kindness when I turned up very unwell after a long plane ride, our room wasn't ready as we were checking in early so they upgraded us to a better room that we could check in to immediately. The staff carried all of our luggage to the room and made sure we had everything we needed to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Our room was clean and really spacious with a computer station, TV and minibar for our use. Slept like a baby in the comfortable beds every night with no complaints of the room.
Plenty of breakfast choices with unlimited tea and coffee, staff helped us organise Halong Bay and our open bus to Ho Chi Minh and good prices.
Highly recommend this place for the great location in the centre of everything, and the hospitality from the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple