All reviewshalong bayold quarterrising dragonsmall hoteltour
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Do it!! Stay here! The staff are so obliging and friendly - nothing is too much trouble. They have beautiful, colour photo books on any tour you may want to do and the same price as the travel agents. All your questions will be answered and lots of choices on offer with the tours, places to visit, how to get there etc.
My room was on the 6th floor and staff carried my luggage up. I enjoyed walking the 6 flights as I love exercise :) If this bothers you simply ask for a room on a lower level. My bed was king sized in a huge room with windows the width of the wall. The room was spotless, bed comfortable and bathroom had toothbrushes, soap etc.
All inclusive breakfast is from a basic menu, but tasty and satisfying. Coffee and tea on supply all day as is water. I bartered hard for my room and got it down to $12 as I was happy to try another hotel. You won't get this rate in season so be prepared to pay the asking rate.
The hotel is conveniently located with lots of street food, restaurants, atm's and touristy shops.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in September on the recommendation of a friend and had an excellent experience. As a solo female traveler it was so reassuring to have friendly staff to help me organize tours and book my onward travel. I booked a room here before I flew out to Vietnam and the hotel even arranged for a fixed price taxi to pick me up from the airport at 06:45.

I can’t say enough good things! The room rates are reasonable, breakfast is included, there is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and some rooms even have a dedicated PC for guests to use. If you’ve forgotten any toiletries almost everything you can imagine is provide. You can also pay for your bill by credit card and in USD if preferred.

Nothing was too much hassle for Mr Soo and his staff; this was a really great hotel.

If I had to come up with a negative it was that I paid quite a bit more for my trip to Ha Long Bay than other members of my tour but the security of knowing I had booked with a reputable company and would have a great experience was so much more important.

Room Tip: Some rooms have dedicated PC's book these if you can
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as a base for exploring Hanoi. I arrived exhausted so I appreciated the welcome drink they provided. It was also a pleasant surprise to see an in-room PC for internet use. The room was on the small side but I didn't mind since I was alone. The hotel has no elevator so going up and down the 5th floor was quite exhausting! But overall, I'm satisfied with my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I can credit the staff enough for their kindness when I turned up very unwell after a long plane ride, our room wasn't ready as we were checking in early so they upgraded us to a better room that we could check in to immediately. The staff carried all of our luggage to the room and made sure we had everything we needed to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Our room was clean and really spacious with a computer station, TV and minibar for our use. Slept like a baby in the comfortable beds every night with no complaints of the room.
Plenty of breakfast choices with unlimited tea and coffee, staff helped us organise Halong Bay and our open bus to Ho Chi Minh and good prices.
Highly recommend this place for the great location in the centre of everything, and the hospitality from the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Was allocated room on the top floor (6 flights of stairs!) to find room had mould on walls and not happy, but it was late at night and we were tired so we crashed. We complained the next morning and they moved to a better room, but the air conditioner didn't work, so they gave us a heater. The second room was an improvement. It was clean and tidy. To their credit, the staff were friendly and did try and help us out. However, they shouldn't have given us an unacceptable room in the first place. The area around is great however, what a fantastic experience!

Room Tip: Don't let them give you the top room without checking it first.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends