All reviewshalong bayold quarterrising dragonsmall hoteltour
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as a base for exploring Hanoi. I arrived exhausted so I appreciated the welcome drink they provided. It was also a pleasant surprise to see an in-room PC for internet use. The room was on the small side but I didn't mind since I was alone. The hotel has no elevator so going up and down the 5th floor was quite exhausting! But overall, I'm satisfied with my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I can credit the staff enough for their kindness when I turned up very unwell after a long plane ride, our room wasn't ready as we were checking in early so they upgraded us to a better room that we could check in to immediately. The staff carried all of our luggage to the room and made sure we had everything we needed to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Our room was clean and really spacious with a computer station, TV and minibar for our use. Slept like a baby in the comfortable beds every night with no complaints of the room.
Plenty of breakfast choices with unlimited tea and coffee, staff helped us organise Halong Bay and our open bus to Ho Chi Minh and good prices.
Highly recommend this place for the great location in the centre of everything, and the hospitality from the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Was allocated room on the top floor (6 flights of stairs!) to find room had mould on walls and not happy, but it was late at night and we were tired so we crashed. We complained the next morning and they moved to a better room, but the air conditioner didn't work, so they gave us a heater. The second room was an improvement. It was clean and tidy. To their credit, the staff were friendly and did try and help us out. However, they shouldn't have given us an unacceptable room in the first place. The area around is great however, what a fantastic experience!

Room Tip: Don't let them give you the top room without checking it first.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ron d
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Place is very good and staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. I paid 22usd a night for a deluxe room which I booked from tourist counter at airport! Booking tours with the hotel may be a bit expensive as I found something they sold for 175usd at 140usd

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Yeah the hotel is in a quiet location but thats about it. Got in at midnight from a flight from Korea, they tell me there is something wrong with my room or they didn't have one and were sending me to their sister property not far away, thing was they wanted me do this on a motorbike and i had luggage. When I got there they didnt bother to tell me the power was going to be cut off at 1 am until 5P so no air con/no fan for my first night. They did move me back the next morning and put me in a decent room. Used them to book my return ticket from Sapa I had to nag them to get me the ticket when I already paid for it then discovered it was for the day i arrived in Sapa. Staff seemed a bit overwhelmed and didnt really pay attention to customer service. You can do better for $20

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo