All reviewshalong bayold quarterrising dragonsmall hoteltour
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Yeah the hotel is in a quiet location but thats about it. Got in at midnight from a flight from Korea, they tell me there is something wrong with my room or they didn't have one and were sending me to their sister property not far away, thing was they wanted me do this on a motorbike and i had luggage. When I got there they didnt bother to tell me the power was going to be cut off at 1 am until 5P so no air con/no fan for my first night. They did move me back the next morning and put me in a decent room. Used them to book my return ticket from Sapa I had to nag them to get me the ticket when I already paid for it then discovered it was for the day i arrived in Sapa. Staff seemed a bit overwhelmed and didnt really pay attention to customer service. You can do better for $20

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank rrac
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Hi all,

I stayed here 20/21st July. The reception staff were super-friendly and welcoming and squeezed me in for my budget of 20USD instead of 25 despite my not having made a booking during busy period and them not having any cheaper rooms available. The room was at the top of the hotel and was a little warm and the air con seemed not to be working as well as normal. I mentioned it in passing to the receptionist as I left for the day and asked if I could swop to another room the following day.

When I returned later, she had had it checked and organised me to move to another room in their sister hotel 'The Rising Dragon' as they had no spare room at the Serenity.

They organised for a member of staff from The Rising Dragon to come over and collect my things and transported me a few streets away free of charge.

My new room was actually a stunning self contained 1 bed mini-apartment room which they provided at the rate I was paying at the Serenity (20USD) instead of the normal rate at the Rising Dragon (45USD I think). Awesome service! Thanks to all involved.

Serenity was big, clean, well maintained, great shower and good location with somewhere to eat approx two doors down (also have a call in menu). Breakfast included in price. Good place to stay.

Rising Dragon was gorgeous place to base yourself if you have a higher budget. Small kitchenette in living space was great.

Room Tip: Top room is quite warm - opt for lower floors
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is within the Old Quarter of Hanoi and therefore in the middle of quite a lot of mayhem! Crossing the road involves a significant amount of assertiveness and being very alert (quite hard after a long-haul flight!). However, as soon as you step through the door you are relieved of your bags, given a cuppa and feel quite at home. The staff are really helpful and lovely; they helped us book flights,gave us some local knowledge and helped with some phone calls. We arrived and got an immediate upgrade to a 'Luxury' room (probably as we were staying two nights) which was really big, well away from the mayhem of the Hanoi streets, had a PC, comfy beds and super-clean. The breakfast is good.... and after our final night they gave us an early breakfast as we headed off before the official breakfast time of 7am. It is also very organised and trustworthy- we sorted good value flights and airport transfers with them. A great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Me and my friends stayed in the Serenity hotel for a few days. It is a nice and clean hotel with pretty spacious rooms for a good price. What made the hotel that good is the staff. They were very helpfull!! Because of the weather we couldn't do the halong bay trip the first days. The staff helped us changing our flight so we could still do the halong bay tour. We also did a one day tour to tam coc.  Both tours were very nice. The free breakfast was good too. You can choose from a cart what you want. We stayed at the sixt flour and without a elevator it's a long climb, but is was a good exercise.
 I would definitaly stay here again.  Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel is a place to recommend for everybody. The staff is very friendly and helpful (they can even find you a good place to stay in other cities not mentioned in the Lonely Planet guidebook), welcoming you with a smile everytime. Though we stayed there just few night they even offered free room for us to take shower before travelling further. Rooms spacious and clean, we have had only some minor problems with water pressure when taking shower:) All the rooms are accessible via stairs only and you may get a room even on the fifth floor. I strongly recoomend this place for a nice stay in the capital of Vietnam!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple