All reviewshalong bayold quarterrising dragonsmall hoteltour
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Hanoi Serenity Hotel during our Vietnam trip, it was an excellent choice. The rooms are clean and spacious, hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, although it may first appear as a bit pushy when offering trips.

We also booked the Halong Bay trip via hotel, which was of great value. Even though we checked out, we could still leave our luggage in the hotel for 2 days and then even take the shower before moving on.

A minor drawback is that the staircase is quite steep and high (like many building in Vietnam) and there is no lift, so be prepared to climb up 5 or 6 floors.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kspr84
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotels in Hanoi are generally cheap, even those in the old quarters. This hotel is generally clean and the reception was okay. We stayed in a few hotels in Hanoi. Although Hanoi serenity is clean, all the other hotels we stayed are also as clean or if not better. And the others come with newer furnishing as they were newer than this hotel.

As this was the first hotel we stayed when we arrived in Hanoi, we decided to book a Halong Bay tour from this hotel. We had done our research prior the trip and had requested a specific boat however the reception kept recommended us the boat which they had affliction with which did not make us feel very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JudyBUBU
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Near the most important things to see in Hanoi, not to noisy. Very open and friendly staff. The first things they do when you arrived, is to tell you about the city, and give you a map. They show you where the most important things to see are, and the things you want to see too. I just say, full value for money. best regards Henrik

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good location, great room and breakfast - and really helpful, friendly staff - definitely worth a recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I decided to book a room at this hotel because of the great reviews it has. I wasn't disappointed at all, the room was quiet and cosy, and I finally had a lovely long hot shower after a week of roughing it in other parts of Vietnam. The bed was so unbelievably cosy! Also, they have a computer in each room, which was great. Every building in vietnam seems to be very narrow, and I was on one of the higher floors. I always recommend you try and get a room away from the street. As anyone will tell you who has been, Hanoi can get really loud.

The staff were so friendly and easy going, the manager always greeted me and asked me how i was going in the morning. I also organized to be picked up at the Hanoi airport, which saved the hassle for trying to getting a taxi.

Breakfast was delicious as well. I was so surprised by how fantastic this hotel was, It was very cheap for what it provided as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo