All reviewshalong bayold quarterrising dragonsmall hoteltour
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Near the most important things to see in Hanoi, not to noisy. Very open and friendly staff. The first things they do when you arrived, is to tell you about the city, and give you a map. They show you where the most important things to see are, and the things you want to see too. I just say, full value for money. best regards Henrik

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good location, great room and breakfast - and really helpful, friendly staff - definitely worth a recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I decided to book a room at this hotel because of the great reviews it has. I wasn't disappointed at all, the room was quiet and cosy, and I finally had a lovely long hot shower after a week of roughing it in other parts of Vietnam. The bed was so unbelievably cosy! Also, they have a computer in each room, which was great. Every building in vietnam seems to be very narrow, and I was on one of the higher floors. I always recommend you try and get a room away from the street. As anyone will tell you who has been, Hanoi can get really loud.

The staff were so friendly and easy going, the manager always greeted me and asked me how i was going in the morning. I also organized to be picked up at the Hanoi airport, which saved the hassle for trying to getting a taxi.

Breakfast was delicious as well. I was so surprised by how fantastic this hotel was, It was very cheap for what it provided as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lordbrickwell
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Good location in the old quarter, comfortable rooms, a great breakfast and helpful staff. They even picked us up from the train station which was a great service after traveling overnight. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Only concern is the lack of an elevator. It is a long walk up to the top floor; you may not like it if you don't like climbing stairs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JLeb0wski
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed for three nights last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Room was a good size with comfortable bedding and a computer in the room (it worked well and was fast !).
Plenty of hot water and air conditioning quite.
Our room overlooked the street and had minimal noise while allowing us to have the benefit of large windows for natural light.
Breakfast was casuallly served in the downstairs area.....plenty of variety and good coffee.
The helpfulness of the staff (Dung and everyone !) made the stay so much nicer.
Well done guys and girls .
We travel Asia extensively on a "Flashpacker" level and value for money the Serenity is way up there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple