“A "Home away from Home"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Elegance Ruby

Hanoi Elegance Ruby
Ranked #12 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore
“A "Home away from Home"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently went on a business trip to Hanoi and stayed at Hanoi Elegance Ruby hotel for 2 nights on 4th and 5th Dec'12 in a Juniour Suite room. Earlier I stayed at Hanoi Essence Hotel which belongs to the same Hotel group. Services provided at both Ruby and Essence are really great and pleasantly unforgettable. It is because of my earlier pleasant experience with Essence that I again decided to stay at this Hotel group, but this time I chose Ruby, just to try out sometihng new, nothing-else. I was very surprised to receive the same level of great service from the Hotel staffs of Ruby just like Essence Hotel. I really wonder how they could maintain such high identical service standards across their different Hotels, something really to be appreciated. One morning when I started from the Hotel for my meeting the Hotel Manager handed over a couple of water bottles in a bag for me while I was passing the reception area, something I didn't expect at that time. where in the world would anyone get such kind of service from the Hotels, well, being a frequent Business Traveller I've never experienced one before. They've arranged everything seemless right from arranging transport for Airport pick-up to commuting for my official meetings. Overall it is that bright smile and cordial greetings that the Hotel staffs always given me tirelessly everytime I pass by the Hotel reception area is what attracting me over to this Hotel again and again, as such I've set my default staying address in Vietnam as Hanoi Elegance Ruby/Essence - a place I can call as "Home away from Home".

Room Tip: Junior suite ideal for Honey-Moon couples.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Karthik S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wash DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm always a bit of a skeptic when it comes to other reviews. In the end, we all have different ideas of what constitues a good 'stay' at a hotel.
I have to say, every good review this hotel has received has been well earned. Our stay was great from the moment we entered the door. The location was centric and allowed everywhere. They were extreamly helpfull in finding a tour for our Halong bay cruise. Their breakfast was fabulous, bathrooms were clean, bright and modern, I can really go on and on about how great this hotel is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lorena0409
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We booked into the Hanoi Essence for two nights and decided to extend our stay for in Hanoi for a further night. The Essence was fully booked so we were transferred to the Elegance Ruby, one of the sister hotels in the chain. We could not have had a more pleasant stay with the staff at the Ruby being so warm and friendly. It is evident that the team there get on well and enjoy their work, which in turn passes onto the guests who are included and made to feel welcome.
The room was clean, airy, comfortable and quiet. The hotel is a little more tricky to find as it is located down an alley but this adds to the charm. We travelled with our teenage son and stayed in a room with two queen beds which was plenty big enough for our needs. We would definitely return to the Hanoi Elegance Ruby for good service and value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeni P
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Impossible to fault this lovely hotel - perfect location in the centre of old Hanoi,clean well appointed rooms (ask for 602 if you like peace and quiet),and staff who are attentive with a lovely sense of humour. We took their excellent advice about where to eat and what to see.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back away from the street noise - we stayed in 602 and it was a haven of peace...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john w
Valpraiso
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Elegance is a boutique hotel chain with five hotels in close proximity in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, each named for another gemstone. We stayed at the Ruby and like others found the commitment to good service a real pleasure. We loved our accommodation and when I asked to be placed in the same room on our return journey was pleased to see that this had been arranged. While the Old Quarter can be bustling and full of noise; up on the quiet side of the hotel we never heard a sound. So much in walking distance and fantastic assistance to local sites and suggestions of interest. It really is the people that can make a difference between 'just' another hotel and a memorable stay; this hotel really is a little gem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luv2traveloz
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I can't think of a bad word to say about this wonderful little gem of a hotel. The rooms are clean, modern and have everything you need. The staff can't do enough for you, they are informative, happy and very helpful when it comes to places to eat, things to see, booking tours. They have an area upstairs so if you have checked out you can shower and relax before you leave, they have thought of everything! The location is superb, you are right in the thick of things, great little street food eateries are around the corner as well as great restaurants. I'd go back again and a again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Salsa80
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I made my booking to the hotel about half a year before my trip. Quite soon after booking, I received an email from them telling me what they can do for me, eg book airport transport, tours etc. This was an excellent touch as you can start getting such essentials taken care of at the beginning by someone instead of a week before or during your trip by yourself.

I liked the location of the hotel. It's very easy to get to the popular street stalls such as Pho 10 and Bun Cha Nem Cua Be Dac Kim. Walking to the Hoan Kiem Lake is about 15 minutes.

The hotel makes good recommendation and they seem to take pride in telling you where to go and where's not recommended. We had them book the Water Puppet theatre ticket but the tickets to the evening performance was not available. They made regular attempts to go to the theatre to check on the status. We eventually went for the afternoon show.

The rooms were clean and sheets were soft. There's a safe in the room to keep your important documents. Shower pressure was strong and the toilet was clean.

Breakfast was quite good. You can order eggs, burger, baguette, pancakes and pho with choice of fruit juices and coffee/tea.

The hotel staff were all very polite, friendly and prompt in their response. You feel a sense comfort in their warm hospitality. I wish there's an in house spa for massages as the quality of massage in Hanoi was not great and I think the hotel may be able to manage this service well.

• Stayed December 2012