“Fabulous hotel with amazing staff.”

Hanoi Elegance Ruby
Ranked #15 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Kerry, Ireland
“Fabulous hotel with amazing staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

From the moment of my arrival, I felt completely at home. The welcome drink was beautiful and the staff were totally at my service. They gave me an excellent map (used by all elegance hotels) of the city centre, including shopping streets and restaurants in the old quarter.
Everytime I was going somewhere the staff at the front desk would give me advice and would also arrange taxis for trips at nighttime or further afield in the daytime heat. This was incredible, as many taxis are overpriced (even with the meter on) and the ones they called (white with a blue and red stripe) always came to half the price of the ones you hail from the street.
The room was beautiful: lovely strong shower, free toiletries daily, brilliant air conditioning, comfortable beds (I had two!) and plenty of tea! Approximately 10 English speaking TV channels, out of about 60.
By the sixth day, all the staff knew my name including the wonderful waiters at breakfast. The breakfast menu is one of the best I have ever encountered, with regards to both flavour and choice, and the fresh mango juice is to die for!
There is no restaurant or bar at this hotel, but there is a small family-run 'cafe' directly across the street (literally two steps - pedestrian street) where you can sit outside and sip cold beer or pepsi, each costing 40 cents (Euros). They have little figurines made from clay for children to paint and it really is a nice place to have a night cap before heading to bed.
I took a taxi to and from the airport arranged by the hotel for 18 dollars each way.
I had a beautiful three hour spa experience at one of the Elegance sister hotels and I received a 15% discount for being a resident at HE Ruby.
I stayed at the HE Ruby as a solo traveler for 6 nights in total during July 2012.
I would stay here again in a flash.
The staff are amazing - they really make the place what it is.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KerryGirl_14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Wow, what a lovely boutique hotel, just ideal. My children and I visited Hanoi in the very heat of summer and each of the Elegance hotel provided an oasis in the heat of Hanoi. many times whilst lost on our city walks we stopped off in an Elegance hotel asking direection or just sitting in the AC

Ruby was delightful, the staff very friendly and attentive and the rooms lovely

Room Tip: We were top floor at the back of hotel, the room slept 3 comfortably, seemed maybe the smaller rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was picked on the basis of other Trip Advisor reviews. What a gem ! We stayed here for 2 nights before our trip to Halong Bay ( which the hotel organised) and a further 2 nights on our return. This hotel cannot be faulted in any way. We were allowed to check in to our room around 9.00 am normal check in time is 2.00 pm I think. Although a little on the small side, the room facilities and bathroom are excellent and so too is the breakfast.A nice touch to have a laptop in the room, which was not available in any of the other hotels we stayed in and also paid a lot more for ! The manager and his team of staff are delightful and will go out of their way to help you at all times. They are easy to chat to and have a laugh with, they offer a warm welcome whether it is morning, noon or night. Excellent location in the Old Quarter and within walking distance of many of the tourist sights, certainaly comparable to some 5 star hotels and highly recommended.

Room Tip: 7th floor is good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mortat
eastampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were fortunate enough to enjoy our stay in Hanoi at the Ruby Elegance Hotel. The rooms were great and the staff was wonderful. They were so helpful in making tour arrangements, giving directions and providing wonderful conversation when needed. Highly recommend the Hotel and its Staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank helen w
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel in the Old Quarter provided our family with fantastic service . I had been recommended this hotel by a friend and found it lived up to her high standards. A bonus is that every room is provided with its own laptop and wi fi service.
We booked out of the hotel to go on side trips to Sapa and Halong Bay. We were able to leave our luggage at the hotel on two occasions and even our laundry done. When we returned to the hotel from Sapa, the hotel provided us with a lounge to rest in and facilities to have a shower.
The reception staff were always smiling, friendly and efficient.
I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

When approaching the hotel for the first time you wonder where the heckmyou are and then an oasis opens before your eyes. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautiful, spotlessly clean and very functional and all including breakfast. Loved it. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I've rarely encountered such professional and caring staff at a five-star hotel, much less at a small boutique one. They attended to every detail of my needs. Since I arrived with a bad cold, they offered to have the complimentary breakfast delivered to my room the next morning, and I realized later that housekeeping must have been instructed not to wake me as I slept into mid-afternoon.

They asked me to check with them about taxi fares so that I wouldn't get taken advantage of; gave me an overview of nearby sights (and a hat to keep the sun off while touring); and arranged my cars, flight and hotel in the next leg of my trip at no charge and with no commission.

Possibly the most amazing thing was that they *lowered* my room rate from $50 to $35 the second night (breakfast included) without me requesting it. They said the $50 rate which I'd paid at the airport to a tourist service included a commission, which they wouldn't charge me.

Finally, to my surprise, they even called me at my next hotel to make sure that all arrangements they had made were satisfactory and that I was pleased with their recommendations. Truly impressive!

• Stayed July 2012