“Good location and comfortable”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #77 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location and comfortable”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

A nice place, the Movenpick Hotel in Hanoi. It's walkable to the old part of Hanoi and in a fairly central location. There's a gym and spa (but no swimming pool sadly), and a single buffet restaurant on the second floor. There is a wine bar on the ground floor, but I didn't use that so I can't comment.

Rooms are luxurious and stylish, with walk-in showers, comfortable beds, a working desk with an adjustable office chair, and a leather armchair which is a bit slippery and difficult to sit in for long periods without sliding to the floor. You can turn off all the lights from the bed - fantastic.

Internet coverage is password controlled and works well everywhere in the hotel, and room service (I used it twice) offers a full menu of Western and Asian foods which were delivered swiftly and courteously. The food was well prepared and delicious.

Breakfast buffet offers a fairly good range of Western and Asian options too, and there's an omelet chef standing by to do things with eggs for you too.

I can also comment on the business function rooms (there are two), as we used one of them. Facilities are good with projectors, sound system with microphones and flip-charts all in place, the chairs were comfortable and the room was spacious.

So then, I enjoyed my stay at the Movenpick in Hanoi. Everything was correct from the service to the facilities in it's role as a business hotel (they are slick at organising cars to and from the airport, which is an hour's ride). And in conclusion, it's ideal for a short-term business trip. For tourists or for long-term guests, you will have other options in Hanoi that may suit you more.

1 Thank SingaporeBizTravel
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues, the quality of breakfast and our business facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

David Vanhove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Nottingham
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here for three nights at the start of a tour of Vietnam. Ideal location for seeing Hanoi. Nice comfortable room and it was nice to have a good size shower cubicle as opposed to a shower over the bath. Plentiful selection at breakfast and good service. We ate out every night so can't speak for the evening meal. Drinks were par for the course for a hotel bar - a bit expensive, though the service was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat D
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the room design, the quality of the breakfast and the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi.
I also wanted to acknowledge your comment about the beverage price which is competitive with the other 5 Star hotels and we are offering a Happy Hour from 5 to 7 pm.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi in 2013 for two weeks during a work trip. It's a nice boutique hotel with a decent breakfast spread and gym which is all I need. For a boutique hotel, the gym is pretty good. There's also a nice massage spa inside the gym.

The hotel is conveniently located next door to the office which is why this is the hotel of choice for me when in Hanoi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zefri_Alejandro
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the breakfast lay out and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

First stop on tour of Viet Nam and Cambodia. 2 nights. Typical modern city centre business hotel.
Good comfortable room. Clean. Friendly staff, easy check in. Free WiFi if you need it. Ate out at night so can't comment on quality of meals other than breakfast which offered good variety and we had no issues with quality.Good access to Hanoi city but not a hotel for R&R.
Make sure you take a cyclo rickshaw tour of the city( preferably during rush hour) to fully appreciate the chaos on the roads. 7.5m people 4.5m m/bikes and scooters.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert_P1946
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the breakfast selection and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed between 19-23 April 2014. It is a very good hotel for business people. The service was remarkable (enough for me to write this review-I'm normally too lazy). Staff members are friendly and they are trying their best to make your stay pleasant.
Turn-offs: No swimming pool and bath tub (in standardroom) but if you are there for business, you wouldn't have time for this anyway. I wish that the hotel provides more Asian food selection in the breakfast buffet.

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of the service you received and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues.
I want to acknowledge your comments about the bathtub which is available in 2 floors of our hotel and the Asian selection for breakfast which will be reviewed by our Chef.

Singapore
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very warm welcome on arrival at the airport and at hotel by friendly staff. It's not a big establishment for Mövenpick in Hanoi and I see it as a strength. Stayed for 7 days and observed that staff are closely knitted and help each other out. Managers were very attentive especially at Mangosteen. Chi from Business Centre and Lien from Reservations were exceptional staff. Chi assisted with local sim card, where to get good and value for money local food, assisted in shopping for local products and shared tips to get around Hanoi. Remarkable and extended service from the Business Centre. Interacted with Lien before my stay and her response on email was outstanding. She noted all details of my requests and gave good suggestions. Team Mövenpick Hanoi is commendable and I recommend travellers looking out to explore different hotels in Hanoi to give it a go at Mövenpick!

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the service you received from our two talented and caring colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 10, 2014

On a family trip in March 2014 we spent 6 days at Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi.
The staff was very friendly and attentive, the hotel is beautiful, everyone tried to make our stay as enjoyable as possible, however, the meals offered did not not live up to our expectations and we had to go outdoors to have dinner/lunch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hani F
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the beauty of the hotel and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I want to acknowledge your comment about the food which I have shared with our Executive Chef.We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.