“First of many good hotels on tour”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #82 of 603 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed March 8, 2014

this was out 1st hotel on a tour of Vietnam. We stayed for 3 nights and found no faults here. Very good Breakfast but beware of the coffee pots I got burned by hot coffee and I wasn't the only one.
The rooms were comfortable and well appointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the very good breakfast as well our the style of the room.
I want to acknowledge your comment about the coffee pot and I am truly for this and I understand your point.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

David Vanhove

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel in mid february.As first time visitors to the city we found the location to be good.Unlike other reviewers we had no noise difficulty even though our room looked over the street .However this maybe as a consequence of our room being on a high floor.As others have mentioned the breakfast is good and the staff arefriendly

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi the room style and the quality of the breakfast food as well as the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed two nights in this hotel in February.The hotel is very elegant, the staff a bit formal but curtious .Our rooms were a good size and very comfortable.We had dinner in the hotel the food was excellent but very expensive by Viet Nam standards .The buffet breakfast is excellent the toasters work and there is a very extensive range of food to choose from.The guests at the hotel were a mix of business people and tourists (big groups) many Americans .The centre of Hanoi is about 20-30 minutes walk along poorly lit roads .There is a France cake shop next door to the hotel whichm has a great range of cakes and pasteries.

1  Thank colonnnade

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the comfort and size of the rooms, the quality of the breakfast food as well as the courteous service you received from my colleagues. I want to acknowledge your comment about the restaurant pricing which is competitive with the other 5 Star hotels.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel gives you sense that you are back in the 60s, in a good way. I loved everything about it,starting from the uniformed personnel that worked there. Receptionists were very professional, quickly solving whatever I asked them. Door men were always smiling, I haven't seen so friendly people in other hotels.
The hotel itself is near the UN headquarter in Hanoi. Rooms are quite big, very clean. I didn't mind the blinds separating the room from the bathroom, since I was alone in the room, and at least it's a reason more to remember this hotel about, after years time. The bathroom was exceptional, with bath tube and separate shower. The room i equipped with mini bar and other amenities which make your stay easier. The hotel offers many other additional services, including massage which should be booked in advance (I recommend it!).
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was exceptionally good, with variety of meals to choose from.
Wi-fi was included in the room price. There is a computer room on the first floor of the hotel where you can print (they do not charge for printing a few pages).
I was there in November 2012, stayed for three days in the hotel, on business.
Overall - highly recommended!

Room Tip: I read others complained about the noise, I didn't have that problem at all.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of the hotel rooms and facilities as well the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 27, 2014

+ modern looking hotel
+ not a big buffet at breakfast, but the food is very
good. The hot chocolate is some of the best I ever
tasted
+ very modern furnishings

- Bathroom opens to bedroom offering salacious views
- confusing set of light switches making it hard to know
exactly what each does
- hard to figure out how to use the bathtub furnishings

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the modern look of our hotel and rooms as well as the quality breakfast.
I would like to acknowledge your comments about the room lighting and bathroom furbishing which I understand.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Movenpick was a good city hotel and the staff really helpful.The rooms had a blind between the bathroom and bedroom which was different but would have been better with a wall. We stayed here twice over a time of. five days as we left for two days for Halong Bay. It was great to be able to leave our large cases there to save taking them with us.On our return we were given a larger room which was much better and also included an iron.No rooms seemed to have a view.
Breakfast was good although the bacon was a little tough. We asked for a pot of tea as the cups were rather small too save waiting for refills. The evening restaurant food was very good and the staff & service excellent. They even remembered what we liked to drink The menu was a 24 hour one so it had a choice to suit everyone either a full dinner or a snack.

1  Thank 918teresah

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of the rooms and the breakfast as well the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked this hotel though Expedia, Its a 4 stars, but really felt like 5 stars.

Breakfast is great, people are just amazing

The rooms are clean tidy and really cute.

The location is great, you can walk to all mayor spots places in Hanoi.

Across the street there is an amazing seafood restaurant call SAN Ho, you should totally spend a night there

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the quality of the breakfast and the rooms.

Executive Assistant Manager