Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 30-4(Hanoi)
1,496 results
All reviewsquan an ngonold quarterbusiness tripgreat hotelrain showerbreakfast buffetcomfortable hotelwalking distanceshort stayfrench quarterenjoyed my stayrooftop barhoan kiem lakecentral locationphohalong baymangosteen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very warm reception, helpful staff and very clean. Nice coffee and patisserie next door. Close to a couple of nice restaurants and only a few minutes walk to the Old Quarter. If arriving by train, only a 5 minute walk from Ga Ha Noi. Opposite the residence of the Australian Ambassador, couple of Embassy's nearby, nice end of town, would stay again and would recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main street offer a pleasant outlook over the city but can be a little noisy in the early morning, toot toot toot, but not to the point that you don't get a decent nights sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was with my husband in Hanoi for 2 nights and I really must say that our stay at the Moevenpick was made even better because of their impeccable service. I had to take a later flight than my husband and because of the distance of the airport from the city center, my husband arranged for an airport pick up for me with the hotel. The wonderful limo driver, Swiss chocolates, bottled water and iPad with wifi that greeted me as I settled comfortably in the leather clad seat of the hotel pick-up were just wonderful. The hour long drive to the hotel didn't seem so long because the friendly driver was kind enough to ask me for my music preference and even turned the AC temp a little higher because it was around 6 degrees in Hanoi when I landed.
The next morning, my husband was going to attend a big meeting when he found out that our drycleaner sent him the wrong pants. Panicked, I called housekeeping and asked if they could send a seamstress that can temporarily hem the pants in right away. It was around 7:30 in the morning. In 5 minutes or less, the seamstress was in our room and in less than half an hour the pants were with us. Disaster averted and all because of the excellent service of this hotel.
The buffet breakfast selection was also excellent. It's not so big that it overwhelms you but it has all the essentials and more. I especially loved the "shots" of fresh and healthy juices that they give out.
The only thing that I had an issue with was the mattress. It was the "firm" kind. While it didn't bother my husband one bit, I like my mattresses soft.
So, yes, I was pretty disappointed that The Metropole was fully booked when we were in Hanoi but our stay in Moevenpick more than made up for it. The hotel is in a fantastic location, too, with some coffee shops and restaurants nearby. Will definitely be staying there again when I revisit Hanoi with my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the excellent breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Super clean, super slick rooms which were both comfortable and elegant, great food at the morning buffet and dinner a la carte which was extensive to say the least. Good service, particularly from a lovely young lady by the name of Huyen who really made my girlfriend and I feel truly welcomed. Conveniently located, 15 min walk to the lake and 25 min walk to the old quarter, this hotel does not fail to impress.

Perhaps if one thing could be looked at it is the sound proofing of the windows overlooking the street as even high up, you can easily hear street traffic and loud speakers in the distance.

Overall great hotel and recommended!

Sean Swain

• Stayed: January 2014
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly , the quality of breakfast, the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. However, I want to acknowledge the fact that there are challenges with Wifi connection throughout the whole country.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was in Hanoi on a business trip for 2 days and chose this hotel to stay and I think it was a good choice. Though room was smaller than average hotel rooms I have stayed but it was having all the things that a business traveler needs. Its located in the downtown hanoi and all the business establishments are close by. Staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. Also, I understand your comment about the noise which is an area we are continuing focusing on.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very well located for the things we wanted to see (and within walking distance of some of them), we found the Moevenpick a very satisfactory place to spend a few days while sightseeing in Hanoi. The room was very nice and well appointed with some quite classy touches; the front desk and concierge were all well run and courteous, and Breakfast was excellent. Wifi seemed not to work well (and was not generally complimentary in the rooms) but there was a notice warning guests of some kind of breakdown in internet access, so this may not be a continuing issue. Overall we were quite satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple