“Classy, luxurious and fresh feeling at an affordable price”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #80 of 593 Hotels in Hanoi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Classy, luxurious and fresh feeling at an affordable price”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Located in the centre of Hanoi, away from the busy Old Quarter, this is a luxurious boutique hotel that offers rooms that are furnished with touch of class. Very good bed, comfortable arm chair, bathroom that is clean, generally a room that gives a very pleasant feel when you walk in. Staff at front desk, concierge and at breakfast were all very efficient and helpful, with the right level of support not overwhelming, with no forced smiles. Breakfast is excellent, more than sufficient in choices of selection, good quality, always kept clean and tidy at the buffet, with freshly squeezed juice on request. No bus loads of tourists, hotel is busy but not crowded. Rooms are small, perhaps less than 25sqm, one would expect of hotel rooms in centre of Hanoi, but the size is compensated by its well appointed furnishing and cleanliness. Good value for money if you are looking for 5 star accommodation, almost boutique, without having to pay over the top for it. I would return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Rouen, France
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at the Moevenpick for three nights and really couldn't fault it. The building was clean and well maintained. The rooms were very comfortable. Location was excellent. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were courteous and efficient. Just a little surprised that Wifi was not complimentary.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had two nights in this hotel on either side of trip to Ha Long Bay.

Its nice and clean with friendly staff and all the amenities you could need for a short stay, plus its walking distance to the old quarter and some decent restaurants.

We had to check out very early to get to the airport, and as the buffet wasn't open that early, the reception staff offered to arrange a take away breakfast for us to take with us. It was a very nice touch, it would have even better if they had remembered to put in some take away cutlery and a napkin.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the road, as it can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

Falkirk
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at the Movenpick for three nights just after Christmas 2013 and enjoyed our stay in this modern and well maintained hotel. Breakfast was very good as mentioned in some of the reviews posted by others, and the location of the hotel means that the main sights in Hanoi can be easily reached on foot in around 20mins. We stayed in a 10th floor room facing the front of the hotel with views over Hanoi. The room facilities were great and we found the (relatively pricey) supplementary in-room Wi-Fi to be excellent. There is also a well appointed business centre on the 2nd floor with a few macs and a printer / scanner for you to use and some very helpful staff on hand to assist if you don't need the in-room Wi-Fi. This well located Swiss-owned place is well pitched towards the business traveller and to folks who are on holiday and who appreciate good service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the breakfast buffet and the room facilities .

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks since Christmas day. The location is great because you can walk to Old Quarter, big church and Opera House. It is clean and good for a business traveler.

Xu An (from Lounge 83) and Hu Yen (from Reception) are very nice and willing to help; the supervisor at Breakfast buffet (young western man) is always walking around to make sure the guests are fine. Hotel manager David was seen very often (almost everywhere!), so we also talked with him a few times during our stay.

The staff mentioned above and the location are the reasons i would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't choose the side facing the main road
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DavidVanhove, EAM at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 7, 2014

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed for 10 nights, very friendly and helpful personal, especially Hoa from food and drink section could give me good advises throughout the city.
The only negative point was the bad wireless connection in the room, but apart from that, I was very pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged many positive elements of your stay; particularly the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues and your overall satisfaction of your stay.
Also, I want acknowledge your comment about the internet connection which had some challenges due to a National technical problem.

London
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before going on a Junk Boat. it's an average 4 star hotel in Hanoi. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast was very nice but very busy. The hotel is very clean and about 20 minute walk to the old town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged many positive elements of your stay; particularlythe cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.