“Good Clean Hotel”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #82 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before going on a Junk Boat. it's an average 4 star hotel in Hanoi. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast was very nice but very busy. The hotel is very clean and about 20 minute walk to the old town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged many positive elements of your stay; particularlythe cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Hanoi

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was a great hotel in Hanoi which I stayed in for two nights at the beginning and the end of my Vietnam holidays.

The hotel is in the business district so ideal for business travellers but only 10-15 minutes walk away from the old quarter so also not too bad for people on vacation.

The room is fantastic, new, dark wood and elegant with a nice small bathroom. Everything is super clean and the bed is one of the bests I have ever slept in, super comfortable.

Breakfast is also outstanding with great quality, an egg and an pho bar with a general mix of Western and Asian dishes.

The staff were all extremely friendly in the breakfast area, the bar and the lobby area and even after just one night they remembered us and where we had been during our holidays, made us feel valued guests.

I would come here anytime again when in Ha Noi and can only recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly your comment about being a great hotel for business and leisure to the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

A very disappointing hotel.
The internet in our room does not work and therefore I am writing this review in the lobby, breakfast in the restaurant is cold, staff only have very limited English and cannot assist, the mini bar has not been restocked for three days and the beds are as hard as concrete.
It is a real pity because the rooms are lovely and well appointed and the hotel is in a great location.
If this is the best the moevenpick group can do, I will not stay with them again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging few positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of the guestrooms and the location of the hotel.

I also want to acknowledge your comments regarding the internet service and the food in the restaurant. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations or our own service standards with regard to these matters. Please know, that while neither of these defects are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. All staffs (in particular front desk staffs) are attentive and helpful. They always wearing smiling face and greet guests sincerely. Breakfast is of high quality and healthy. We have a pleasant stay in the hotel and an enjoyable trip at Hanoi.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues as well as our Breakfast buffet. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

M HOTEL: the service of reception is very poor and bad and not kindly, and they did not consider what the customer need, and the including breakfast is so terrible, you can not choose what you like,they just give you a piece of hard bread no other things for you breakfast. Second, the wifi in the hotel can not use,there is No Signal when we in the room,there is no Convenient outlet when You have to mobile phone charger. Third, The location was marginal, it difficult to find it. Fourth, there are much noise from a market near the hotel. You even can not sleep well. M hotel hanoi is really very terrible for which i have lived.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lina Q
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed 3 nites in Nov in a 2 room suite (600 sq. feet). Excellent room, good bed, good shower.
Hotel location is fine, a 20 minute walk to the Lake & Old City, a little bit more to
the Opera House & Metropole. The hotel staff is excellent, will help in any way needed.
The breakfast at the Mangosteen Restaurant is very good (not cheap), dinner there was
decent (but not outstanding). There is a great restaurant a block away called Ngon.
The Hotel is also only a short walk to the Hanoi Hilton Museum, which was much better
than we expected. Would certainly recommend this hotel as a good option vs. the
much more costly Metropole .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buzzy1
DavidVanhove, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I want to acknowledged your comment about the restaurant which I shared with our Chef. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Movenpick is a very tastefully designed luxury hotel right in the heart of the city. The lobby is immaculate and tasteful, the rooms are bright and airy. The staff is very helpful and smiling all the time. The surrounding area is quiet. Another thing that I liked is that the bathrooms have trendy window-as-a-wall installations, overall a chik hotel with great facilities like spa, pool, bar, travel desk, concierge etc.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the corner are more spacious
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DavidVanhove, EAM at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues and our excellent facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.