“Lives up to Movenpick standards”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #82 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The location of this hotel is good, the rooms impeccable. The breakfast is really nice and the staff are very well trained. One of the elements appreciated by my colleagues is the quality of the fitness centre. I also trained once there and it was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of the rooms, breakfast and of course, my colleagues who assisted you during your time with us.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group traveling through Vietnam and Cambodia. The hotel is geared to a business clientele but it is spotless, very attractive and in a great location. The staff was very efficient and helpful. The buffet breakfast was outstanding (which was included in our group trip) and the floor manager was a doll!!! I had a huge corner room that was nicely decorated and very comfortable with a beautiful bathroom and other nice amenities. It was very easy to walk around the main attractions in Hanoi from the hotel. Since this was the first stop on a tour, it was a very pleasant introduction to the area.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the sixth floor which was big and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for recognizing that our hotel is geared toward business clients, this is very much in line with our recent recognition as The Best Luxury Business Hotel in Vietnam, as acknowledged at the World Luxury Hotel Awards two weeks ago in Thailand. Please also note that we are equally suited to Leisure travelers and the positive elements of your stay which you pointed out, such as the convenient location, the level of cleanliness and of course the friendliness of my colleagues, are attributes that both types of traveler look for.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Nice enough hotel, lobby and rooms are good for Hanoi BUT this comes at a big price premium which in my opinion not worth it when compared to other hotels in Hanoi. Reception staff were not particularly friendly, bus boy took our bags then just left them on the trolley about 5m from where they were picked up. No wifi or breakfast included.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations or our own service standards with regard to your arrival experience. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand. I also want to acknowledge your comment regarding the fact that breakfast was not included in your rate, please know that we do offer many value added packages which include breakfast and other services, such as our In Residence Package, which is an “everything considered” approach, all bundled in one very reasonable price.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for work because it was close to my office. The location is good, in the center of the city and next to a chopping center. The neighborhood is full of cafes and restaurants and it is just a couple of blocks from Hoan Kiem Lake. The breakfast buffet was delicious. I had a front facing room, which I usually try to avoid in Vietnam because the street noise is so loud, but the room was quiet and I had no problem sleeping. My only complaint was that I had to call twice to get an iron in the room, and then the one they brought leaked water all over the place. But, other than that, everything was great!

Room Tip: Good views from the front, not noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi . We know you have many choices when you travel and we really appreciate that you chose to stay with us on this occasion. I am grateful to receive your kind words, especially those regarding the quality of our breakfast, as well as those of our convenient location.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the iron, which you had to call twice for. It is certainly never our intent to provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and our own service standards; with untimely service and a defective iron. Please know that I will use your feedback to revisit our guest request call procedures and ensure that our follow up system does not fail and that we proactively call guests to ensure all requests have been completed on time and to the guests satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at end of Oct 2013 from the greeting right down to the finish it was great. The room was good and the shower unbeleivable. Not too close to old town but a walk of about 20mins, you can at least kid yourself that you are walking off the breakfast. The breakfast is really good and should suit all tastes. The staff are really good even when one of the American ladies argued over a drinks bill (sorry usa but there is always someone who let the side down)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the design and finish of our guestrooms, the quality of our breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My partner and I started our 3 and a half week trip of Vietnam here. Hotel was clean and spacious, and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but also as the other reviews have stated enjoyed many meals at Quan An Ngon just around the corner so cheap and amazing meals!
We also booked a half-day city tour with the hotel and were not disappointed our guide was fantastic. His English was terrific and he knowledge on all Vietnam was top notch, we were very happy.
We stayed 3 nights here and would defiantly recommend and return to the Movenpick. My only complaint is no pool

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CarleeWilson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the size and quality of our guestrooms, as well as the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I am also grateful to know that you enjoyed your half day city tour, as this was conducted by one of our partner companies, I will of course pass on your kind words to their team.

We appreciate your recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a room with two beds. The room was a good size in a central location. The shower has both a hand held spray and an overhead ceiling shower. The restaurant is spotless. I saw two woman with elbow high gloves scrubbing the bottom of the tables. I've NEVER seen that before. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Other meals are best taken at other restaurants that are better and for less money. The lobby bar is small and it is disappointing that smoking is allowed but culturally they are behind the rest of the world.

The hotel is around the corner from the Hoa Lo Prison (The Hanoi Hilton) and a restaurant called Quan An Ngon. You can get a great meal and a beer for $8!

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of our guestrooms, the convenient location of the hotel and the quality of our breakfast buffet. I am also grateful that you acknowledged the efforts, of our often overlooked, housekeeping staff who work very hard to ensure we maintain an immaculately clean environment for all of our guests.