“Great Business Hotel”

Ranked #75 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great Business Hotel”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for work because it was close to my office. The location is good, in the center of the city and next to a chopping center. The neighborhood is full of cafes and restaurants and it is just a couple of blocks from Hoan Kiem Lake. The breakfast buffet was delicious. I had a front facing room, which I usually try to avoid in Vietnam because the street noise is so loud, but the room was quiet and I had no problem sleeping. My only complaint was that I had to call twice to get an iron in the room, and then the one they brought leaked water all over the place. But, other than that, everything was great!

Room Tip: Good views from the front, not noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi . We know you have many choices when you travel and we really appreciate that you chose to stay with us on this occasion. I am grateful to receive your kind words, especially those regarding the quality of our breakfast, as well as those of our convenient location.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the iron, which you had to call twice for. It is certainly never our intent to provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and our own service standards; with untimely service and a defective iron. Please know that I will use your feedback to revisit our guest request call procedures and ensure that our follow up system does not fail and that we proactively call guests to ensure all requests have been completed on time and to the guests satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at end of Oct 2013 from the greeting right down to the finish it was great. The room was good and the shower unbeleivable. Not too close to old town but a walk of about 20mins, you can at least kid yourself that you are walking off the breakfast. The breakfast is really good and should suit all tastes. The staff are really good even when one of the American ladies argued over a drinks bill (sorry usa but there is always someone who let the side down)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the design and finish of our guestrooms, the quality of our breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My partner and I started our 3 and a half week trip of Vietnam here. Hotel was clean and spacious, and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but also as the other reviews have stated enjoyed many meals at Quan An Ngon just around the corner so cheap and amazing meals!
We also booked a half-day city tour with the hotel and were not disappointed our guide was fantastic. His English was terrific and he knowledge on all Vietnam was top notch, we were very happy.
We stayed 3 nights here and would defiantly recommend and return to the Movenpick. My only complaint is no pool

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CarleeWilson
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the size and quality of our guestrooms, as well as the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I am also grateful to know that you enjoyed your half day city tour, as this was conducted by one of our partner companies, I will of course pass on your kind words to their team.

We appreciate your recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a room with two beds. The room was a good size in a central location. The shower has both a hand held spray and an overhead ceiling shower. The restaurant is spotless. I saw two woman with elbow high gloves scrubbing the bottom of the tables. I've NEVER seen that before. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Other meals are best taken at other restaurants that are better and for less money. The lobby bar is small and it is disappointing that smoking is allowed but culturally they are behind the rest of the world.

The hotel is around the corner from the Hoa Lo Prison (The Hanoi Hilton) and a restaurant called Quan An Ngon. You can get a great meal and a beer for $8!

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of our guestrooms, the convenient location of the hotel and the quality of our breakfast buffet. I am also grateful that you acknowledged the efforts, of our often overlooked, housekeeping staff who work very hard to ensure we maintain an immaculately clean environment for all of our guests.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Everything you'd expect from a Moevenpick in one of the most charming cities in Southeast Asia. Location is within walking distance to most of Hanoi's must-see places, and after a long day at work or walking around, it was like coming "home". Loved the breakfast spread and the cool, quiet rooms. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Miral F
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, the restaurant and the convenient location of the hotel. It is also great to know that the hotel felt like a “home” to you and I trust you will continue to consider us as your ”Hanoi address”, when your travel plans bring you back to the city.

Gothenburg
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Centrally located and easy to walk into the old town. Good size bedrooms and the bathrooms are fully functioning with a great ceiling rose shower but are very compact. Our 6th floor room at the front still got a lot of traffic noise. Ask for a room at the back or in the higher floors if room noise disturbs you

• Stayed October 2013
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, particularly our guestroom product and the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments on the traffic noise. While our windows have the highest levels of sound insulation, there are times when noise can be heard. That said and as you indicated, rooms located on the other side of the hotel, or on higher floors are more suited to those individuals who are more sensitive to this.

Thank you again for your feedback, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits and to that end, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Singapore
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The airport pickup was messed up as we had asked for a larger vehicle due to a very large amount of work related luggage; they sent a 5 series BMW which was very nice but way too small.
The check in was fairly painless, we had been promised a mass of perks for the type of room we booked but they were not made very clear and they never actually materialised.
The rooms were outstanding, older style as befitted the hotel but a wonderful refurbishment. The bathroom was wonderful and the shower the largest I have ever seen. The Jacuzzi bath (complete with multi-colored underwater lighting- I kid you not) was a nice touch.
The public areas were clean and well kept. Just wish they banned smoking in the only lounge bar area. Gym was good and well equipped.
The breakfast buffet was pretty extensive, and I am told the buffet served at our business event was good too. That was very well organised and the facilities were top notch.
The checkout was OK and we got the correct vehicle. Just a note its at least 45 minutes to an hour from hotel to airport so be sure to leave enough time. The traffic especially on the long bridges is very heavy and there are many accidents and break downs.
The staff deserve a special mention they are very friendly and helpful and seemed to have almost instant recall of names. The duty manager (David) runs a very tight ship and seems to constantly patrol and check. Well done. The front desk staff were very helpful especially with restaurant advice etc. The business centre staff were also extremely helpful.
To correct one reviewer the hotel is a 4.5 star and cannot be a 5 star as it lacks a pool (there is nowhere to put one), BUT it does have a spa. I didn't try it but its adjacent to gym on 3rd floor, and there are leaflets next to reception and they were also in my bedroom.
Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FJB774
Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, especially the décor in our guestrooms, the rain forest showers and the colorful lighting in the Jacuzzi. I am also grateful to receive your kind words regarding the service you received from my colleagues in the Business Center, Front Office and of course; my Executive Assistant Manager; David. I am fortunate to work with such a caring and talented group of individuals.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.