Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 30-4(Hanoi)
1,499 results
All reviewsquan an ngonold quarterbusiness tripgreat hotelrain showerbreakfast buffetcomfortable hotelwalking distanceshort stayfrench quarterenjoyed my stayrooftop barhoan kiem lakecentral locationphohalong baymangosteen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a room with two beds. The room was a good size in a central location. The shower has both a hand held spray and an overhead ceiling shower. The restaurant is spotless. I saw two woman with elbow high gloves scrubbing the bottom of the tables. I've NEVER seen that before. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Other meals are best taken at other restaurants that are better and for less money. The lobby bar is small and it is disappointing that smoking is allowed but culturally they are behind the rest of the world.

The hotel is around the corner from the Hoa Lo Prison (The Hanoi Hilton) and a restaurant called Quan An Ngon. You can get a great meal and a beer for $8!

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of our guestrooms, the convenient location of the hotel and the quality of our breakfast buffet. I am also grateful that you acknowledged the efforts, of our often overlooked, housekeeping staff who work very hard to ensure we maintain an immaculately clean environment for all of our guests.

We appreciate your recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Everything you'd expect from a Moevenpick in one of the most charming cities in Southeast Asia. Location is within walking distance to most of Hanoi's must-see places, and after a long day at work or walking around, it was like coming "home". Loved the breakfast spread and the cool, quiet rooms. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Miral F
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, the restaurant and the convenient location of the hotel. It is also great to know that the hotel felt like a “home” to you and I trust you will continue to consider us as your ”Hanoi address”, when your travel plans bring you back to the city.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Centrally located and easy to walk into the old town. Good size bedrooms and the bathrooms are fully functioning with a great ceiling rose shower but are very compact. Our 6th floor room at the front still got a lot of traffic noise. Ask for a room at the back or in the higher floors if room noise disturbs you

• Stayed: October 2013
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, particularly our guestroom product and the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments on the traffic noise. While our windows have the highest levels of sound insulation, there are times when noise can be heard. That said and as you indicated, rooms located on the other side of the hotel, or on higher floors are more suited to those individuals who are more sensitive to this.

Thank you again for your feedback, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits and to that end, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The airport pickup was messed up as we had asked for a larger vehicle due to a very large amount of work related luggage; they sent a 5 series BMW which was very nice but way too small.
The check in was fairly painless, we had been promised a mass of perks for the type of room we booked but they were not made very clear and they never actually materialised.
The rooms were outstanding, older style as befitted the hotel but a wonderful refurbishment. The bathroom was wonderful and the shower the largest I have ever seen. The Jacuzzi bath (complete with multi-colored underwater lighting- I kid you not) was a nice touch.
The public areas were clean and well kept. Just wish they banned smoking in the only lounge bar area. Gym was good and well equipped.
The breakfast buffet was pretty extensive, and I am told the buffet served at our business event was good too. That was very well organised and the facilities were top notch.
The checkout was OK and we got the correct vehicle. Just a note its at least 45 minutes to an hour from hotel to airport so be sure to leave enough time. The traffic especially on the long bridges is very heavy and there are many accidents and break downs.
The staff deserve a special mention they are very friendly and helpful and seemed to have almost instant recall of names. The duty manager (David) runs a very tight ship and seems to constantly patrol and check. Well done. The front desk staff were very helpful especially with restaurant advice etc. The business centre staff were also extremely helpful.
To correct one reviewer the hotel is a 4.5 star and cannot be a 5 star as it lacks a pool (there is nowhere to put one), BUT it does have a spa. I didn't try it but its adjacent to gym on 3rd floor, and there are leaflets next to reception and they were also in my bedroom.
Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FJB774

Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, especially the décor in our guestrooms, the rain forest showers and the colorful lighting in the Jacuzzi. I am also grateful to receive your kind words regarding the service you received from my colleagues in the Business Center, Front Office and of course; my Executive Assistant Manager; David. I am fortunate to work with such a caring and talented group of individuals.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was nice. The restaurant is obviously not prepared (or itended) to serve dinner after 8pm.

Like in may places in Vietnam you sometimes feel there is a slight communication (language) problem, but the service was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi . We know you have many choices when you travel and we really appreciate that you chose to stay with us on this occasion. I am grateful to receive your kind words, especially those regarding the friendly and helpful service you received from our staff. I am fortunate to work with such talented and caring individuals.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding your experience in our restaurant. Whatever the hour, we are always ready to serve our guests, but I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations or our own service standards. Please know that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate individuals, to ensure we consistently deliver the level of service that Moevenpick is known for and that you as our values guest have come to expect from our brand.
Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.