“Average”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #82 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

For a five star hotel without a pool or free wifi in the rooms, I wasn't blown away with this place. The room smelt damp and the free wifi was only available in the lobby. While using this service we had coffee and cake which was appallingly expensive for the basic quality and the service was slow and it was a struggle to get anyone's attention despite the lobby being quiet. We had a much better stay at the hotel De l' Opera earlier on our trip to Vietnam.

• Stayed: September 2013
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations or our own service standards with regard to your experience in our lounge. I also want to acknowledge your comment regarding the smell you experienced in your room. Please know, that while neither of these defects are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Hanoi

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst travelling in Vietnam. Hotel nice and clean with good size rooms. Breakfast was included and was perfectly ok. No bar as such but had a nice lounge area on the ground floor where you could get a drink or food. Wifi also available in lounge area. Hotel had a restaurant although we did not use it, it looked fine. As we arrived late we did order room service which left a lot to be desired - but this is the only negative and it wouldn't put me off staying here again. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Hanoi as it is in a good location for touring the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I want to thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay; from the quality of our breakfast to the size and comfort of our rooms.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the quality of our Room Service. We take great pride in the level of service and attention to detail that we are able to provide our guests and when their expectations are not met, we have failed in our primary endeavor to ensure both you and future guests receive the service expected of us. Please know that I will use your feedback as a tool to ensure we consistently meet the high standards we set for ourselves.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent 2 nights here this month and had a good impression. Service was great. Friendly and helpful staffs. Quick check-in and check-out. Breakfast was good. The decor is beautiful. The room is well-equipped. The location is very convenient, close to some nice restaurants, coffee-shop and bar.
However the bathtub area should be improved because everytime I opened the glassdoor, water leaked everywhere on the floor. I think this hotel is perfect for business travellers. You might not want to stay here if you want to swim, because even though service quality is 5 star, they don't have a swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Attalife
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the cleanliness and design of our guestrooms, the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comment regarding the defective seal on the door to your bathtub. Please know that I will use your feedback to ensure this defect is addressed for our future guests.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Spent a few nights here earlier this month. In a nutshell: our first morning we didn't get the wake up call. It was sheer luck I happened to wake up & checked my watch! After that we set a computer alarm Breakfast is OK but not as good as others in during our Vietnam trip. Room was very nice. Best pillows we had out of the five hotels we stayed in. Bathroom VERY nice but it was open to the bedroom with a huge window... there was a blind but it seemed weird to be able to see the loo! Beware: shower also comes out of ceiling. I got a huge, wet surprise when I wondered what happens if I pull HERE!! Very nice thou. Also, you need to take a quick course on light switches. It took us five minutes our first night to get all the lights off. Hotel should take heed of many others that do not charge for internet. Giving Very good because there's isn't a GOOD! It's better than average but not very good.IMO.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful to receive your positive comments; from the quality of pillows in the bedrooms, to the rainforest shower heads in our bathrooms. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding your missed wake up call. While it is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service, I will use this unfortunate mistake as an opportunity to revisit our processes in the call center to ensure they continue to follow our values of quality, reliability and care.

Thank you again for your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very friendly reception staffs, good services, and a good, very comfortable, and well-equipped room. No complaints at all.
However, charging on internet gave me a bit negative feeling (though I used my smartphone for tethering). If without this hitch, this hotel should have been one of the most comfortable hotels in my experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality and comfort of our guestrooms and the friendliness of the staff.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. That said we do provide complimentary internet access in all the public areas of the hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here again on business last week. Last time before that was about year ago. Very happy to report that the same level of excellent service remains.
From check in to check out the team cannot be more helpful.
This hotel maybe small in size but big on service.
I was there on business but would be great with family or if you are touring Ha Noi. Great location with easy access to shopping and restaurants......many in walking distance.
The hotel feelsfFresh and clean with a feeling of complete security.
Rooms seem brand new, great facilities and everything works well.
Food/restaunants........very good at this hotel
Really, I can't fault this hotel in any way.
This hotel is well managed clearly.
Congrats for maintaining such high standards.
I will be back again......

Room Tip: Rooms are all good
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi . We know you have many choices when you travel and we really appreciate that you continue to stay with us when your travel plans bring you to Hanoi.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the décor of the hotel, the quality of our food and beverage products and the friendly and efficient service of all of our employees.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was there on a 4-day business trip. We had a pickup from the airport and the journey was pleasant. The reception staff was friendly, professional and spoke very good english (surprisingly - after our experience at Ho Chi Minh a few days ago). We were impressed. The staff would greet you everywhere you went.

We had the welcome fruit basket in the room. The room was large, nice, clean, furnished, and very luxurious and overlooked the main road. We also took the "in-residence" package which included buffet breakfast, finger food & snacks at the cafe, and all the room pantry food and drinks. We thoroughly enjoyed this upgrade! The buffet breakfast spread was good and we took our time with breakfast.

Though I was on a business trip, we were able to walk around for some shopping. The shopping area (north of the ho kiem lake) is about 20 minutes - but the walk there is very pleasant as there are shops and eateries lining the road all the way.

This is my second time in Hanoi - and I enjoyed this trip more than the last ... all because of the hotel.

Room Tip: Movenpick is well worth the price you are paying.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the design of our guestrooms and the service you received from my colleagues. I am also grateful to receive your positive comments regarding the In Residence Package, it is a wonderful amenity which allows our guests to enjoy many more services for a small daily supplement.

I hope you will continue to think of us when your travel plans bring you back to Hanoi.