“Great hotel in the heart of Hanoi”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #83 of 605 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Since hotels in Vietnam are rather expensive, you do expect some better than the average and this hotel can deliver such standards.
The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. Breakfast was great.
Not much to complain about.
One downside is that the hotel does not offer airport taxi service. They will organize a taxi, but most likely they will rip you off.
Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Not towards the street. The horns are blowing 24/7 in Vietnam :)
1  Thank Jekoko
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, especially the friendliness and helpfulness of our colleagues and the quality of our breakfast.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the airport transfer service. Please know that we do have a fleet of BMW’s at our hotel and that these can be booked at the point of reservation through our reservation team as well as from our Concierge desk . I am truly sorry that you were not informed of this service and had to resort to a taxi instead.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we are most grateful for your recommendation to other travelers. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while travelling around Vietnam. A very comfortable hotel, which is what you would expect from a decent chain like Movenpick.

The good:

Location - near some excellent restaurants. Try the nearby Quan An Ngon. It'll be the best, and cheapest meal you have while in Vietnam.

Well appointed bedroom. Very clean and comfortable.

Very nice breakfast and service from the staff. It provided an excellent start to both days.

What stops it from getting 5 stars?:

There was slight confusion when a day trip booking had been attributed to our room rather than the correct one. Luckily this was sorted out by the fact that the person who had booked the day trip happened to be standing at the counter next to mine while I was explaining that it wasn't my booking. I know mistakes happen, but it caused us some undo worry early on in our trip.

No free Wifi. It's 2013, and free Wifi really should be a service provided along side other basics like towels and tea / coffee. This was one of only two hotels not providing this on our holiday. Sadly the big chains don't seem to realise this yet.

Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel to those staying in Hanoi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skankmastertom
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, especially the cleanliness of our hotel, the convenient location of the property within the central business district, close to the old quarter and the quality of our breakfast.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. That said it is never our intention to disappoint our guests and we are currently in the process of installing complimentary WiFi in our lobby and Restaurant for all of our in house guests. I also wanted to acknowledge the comments regarding the challenge you faced with your day trip, although I understand the matter was resolved quickly, it was unfortunate that this caused you unnecessary worry and for that I am truly sorry.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel-- clean, great service, good breakfast buffet and great location. My boyfriend and I both came down stomach bugs during our stay here, but no way of knowing if that was a result of the food at the buffet or not. Would definitely stay at another hotel in this chain in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the cleanliness of our property, the great service, good breakfast buffet and great location.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was here last week a night for a business meeting. Having been to Vietnam a number of times, you kind of expect the high standard from the 5 star establishments such as this and no doubt they did not disappoint. The staffs are always accommodating and helpful with your questions.

The room looks relatively new with amenities that one would expect from hotels of today. The bathroom is a bit small comparatively to some other hotel I have been in Vietnam but it is sufficient and practical. The rain shower is a nice touch although I must say that most new hotels are doing this now. Another typical set up is the glass panel overlooking your bed area which I find just an effort to keep up with the rest.

The leather wing chair in my opinion is not as comfortable to sit in. As a comparison, I just love the chair at Intercontinental Asiana in HCMC.

The bed however is one of the most comfortable I have slept in with more than sufficient pillows since I was travelling alone.

Breakfast has sufficient selection and I particularly like the freshly squeezed juice counter.

Room Tip: request for higher floors to have less noise from traffic outside hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful to receive your positive comments regarding the overall experience, especially the quality of our beds, along with variety dishes offered at our breakfast. I also wanted to acknowledge your kind comments regarding the helpful and accommodating service you received from my colleagues.

Thank you again for your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Moevenpick Hotel is located right in the center of Hanoi, with the magnificent Old City within easy walking distance. Rooms are truly beautiful, and comes with a friendly and service minded hotel staff, providing everything you would need around the clock. Particularly impressed by room service which provided a massive charcoal grilled burger at midnight, after a long city walk.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, if you care about the view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the location of the hotel, the quality of our guestrooms and the friendly service you received. I am also grateful for your comments regarding the quality of our food and I will be delighted to share these kind words with our culinary team, who will be glad to know that their endeavors are appreciated by our guests.

We appreciate your recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was part of a large meeting that was hosted at this hotel. The hotel staff were fantastic in assisting us in meeting all of our needs. The hotel manager, Mr. Jones, is extremely personable and helpful. He was a complete pleasure to work with. The food service was also outstanding...creative choices that were delicious.

Rooms were comfortable and accomdating with plenty of outlets and good lighting. This was my first visit to this hotel, but I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when I return to Hanoi.

Room Tip: I stayed in an even number room and was not disturbed by traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay; from the creative food presentations, to the comfort of our guestrooms.

I understand you have many choices when you travel and I am grateful that you not only chose us on this occasion, but that you will continue to think of us when your travel plans bring you back to Hanoi. We appreciate you recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our stay at Moevenpick Hotel was way beyond expectation. The staff were very helpful and thoughtful (on where to visit as well as good local food). Our room was warm and cosy. Though the breakfast buffet was not large, it was really good. The location is perfect - situated right outside of the Old Quarters (bad traffic) but within walking distance. Furthermore, there is a very good Vietnamese Restaurant just around the corner as well as their famous Highlands Coffee is just next to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay, from the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, to the quality of our breakfast and of course, the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.