“Wonderful”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #81 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first two nights of our tour of Vietnam. The hotel was a wonderful start to the holiday. The room was beautiful, it was spacious, tasteful and well appointed with lovely toiletries provided. The hightlight was the food at breakfast where there was something to suit all tastes. We used the spa facilities and were more than happy with the services provided. The staff were excellent and resolved a small problem efficiently and with good grace We would definately recommend this hotel and would use it again if we are lucky enough to return to Hanoi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly our bathroom amenities, the quality of our breakfast and the service you received at the Spa. I am also grateful to learn that despite the fact you encountered a small problem, that my colleagues were able to resolve this to your satisfaction; ensuring your care and comfort.

We appreciate your recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Hanoi

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed at the Moevenpick hotel in Hanoi for 2 nights whilst on business. Overall the hotel is fine with good service and excelent rooms. The location is great as it is very central to various resturants and places of interest in Hanoi.

The hotel room was of a good size and all facilities was avalable in the room.

This was the first time I stayed at the Movenpick in Hanoi, but I will be returning thier again in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the design of our guestrooms and the service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Location, location, location.... Thats the main thing I would consider when searching for a hotel. And this hotel is perfect for my standar. Enough good things have been said on the other reviews. I can only add that this hotel is just a walking distance to some of Hanoi best eateries. Be it a local cuisine or international, its all within reach even to a fancy bar next door. Very recommended for everyone who has a little time but still want to explore some part of the city on foot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the “great location” of the hotel within the city of Hanoi. We are very fortunate to have such a convenient location; within walking distance of the old quarter, the war museum and Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum.

Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Movenpick. Confortable hotel, and with friendly, cordial, and professional stuff. Breakfast was very good. Executive rooms a bit small but quite clean. We would have preferred to have a complimentary cocktail at the arrival, instead of a plate of fruits. Pick-up service at the airport too expensive, 3-4 times more than a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate your positive comments; from the friendly service, to the quality of your breakfast. I have also noted your preference for a welcome cocktail versus a plate of fruits on arrival and we will be happy to honor this on your next trip to Hanoi.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the price of our transfer service and yes, it is just over twice the price of a taxi. That said, included in this service is a greeting at the airport by one of our representatives who will immediately escort you to our waiting car, which includes bottled water, cold towels and toblerone chocolate. In addition, our BMW’s are equipped with both iPod’s and iPad’s so that you can browse the internet and also select your favorite genre of music.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed for the entire trip to Vietnam in the hotel and have been very happy with the accomodation.Location of the hotel is in a safe neighborhood close to the prison museum and easy to reach tourist parts of the city.
Rooms have nice design, they're clean and comfortable, just as you would expect. The noise has not bothered me at all, at least no more than the noise back home.
The food is excellent, Sunday lunch is a must.Generally it is very busy in the morning and you can tell people enjoy their breakfast there.They have a very nice bar area and just before my leave the Christmas tree was up, really giving you the feel of holidays coming.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The best choice you have in Hanoi, i have to say!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly the design and cleanliness of our guestrooms, the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, and the quality of our food and beverage offerings. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in the standard room and a night in the deluxe - major difference in terms of room size, location and comfort. Most standard rooms are front-facing, pesky honking noise could serve as a wake-up call in the mornings. Standard rooms are good, just a bit too compact for my liking. Rooms are generally well designed, equipped with standard amenities. Hotel is located within walking distance to the Old Quarters - but best to save the legs for the shopping circuit. Cabs are cheap - make sure you get the right ones to avoid being swindled. Restaurants are nearby - some are just downright unpalatable. Coffee joint is just round the corner - a good alternative for a cuppa. Overall, rooms are very pleasing, clean and comfortable. Water pressure in the bath is a delight!

No free intranet available and the hotel will try to bundle a breakfast and access option. There are good WiFi in town (KFC, etc) - good enough for flight check-ins and quick access. Works for me!

Room Tip: Rooms located on the inner direction should be more peaceful. Only a few standard rooms are located...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slurer

Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding our internet service. Please know that as a stand-alone service, it is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. As you mentioned, of course, we also offer value packages which include both breakfast and internet, or a room category upgrade and internet, depending on your preference for a nominal charge.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at the beginning of November. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms Were clean and spacious. Loved Hanoi and this hotel was great! I had sent an email to the manager requesting a quiet room because hanoi traffic is super noisy. Not only were we given a quiet room, we had a fruit basket and a welcome note from the manager! Thanks for the lovely stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I am most grateful that you took the time prior to your stay to contact me and allow us to personalize your experience based on your preferences. I appreciate your kind words acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay; from the size and cleanliness of our rooms, to the high degree of personalized service you received from my colleagues.