Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
$119
$177
$108
Panpacific.com
Splendid Star Grand Hotel(Hanoi)
$30
$213
$111
Travelocity
1,496 results
All reviewsquan an ngonold quarterbusiness tripgreat hotelrain showerbreakfast buffetcomfortable hotelwalking distanceshort stayfrench quarterenjoyed my stayrooftop barhoan kiem lakecentral locationphohalong baymangosteen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Moevenpick is located in a central part of town. It is an older building but well maintained. the staff are friendly and many speak English. The hotel restaurant serves a breakfast buffet which features both western and Asian fare.

If you are wanting a non-smoking room, you should specify this. Also, consider requesting a room on an upper floor if traffic noises are a concern to you. Vietnamese drivers use their horns liberally.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter, further removed from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JHFIII
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the central location of the hotel, the friendliness of my colleagues and the selection at our breakfast buffet. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

11th to 13th + 15th Oct .
Stayed with group from Ireland.
Great well located hotel with very friendly and courteous staff and management.
Street facing rooms can be noisy but, that is a feature all over Hanoi.
The room design with clear glass and venetian blind between bedroom and bathroom area takes getting used to. If one person uses the bathroom at night , the bedroom fills with light.
I did notice similar open areas between bedrooms and showers in other Viet Nam hotels so, it may be normal for the country.
I found the wifi charge of $9 per day exorbitant for the non business traveller so, I did not use it

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fernrock

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful to receive your positive comments, ranging from the service your received; to the central location of our hotel. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the price of the internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. That said it is never our intention to disappoint our guests and we will give your feedback proper consideration for future changes to this service.

Thank you again for your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

First the good:

Nicely decorated chic rooms with comfortable beds
Good location - within walking distance to the Old & French quarters
Pleasant check in experience with friendly staff

Now the bad:

(1) Internet & wifi

The in room wifi & wired Internet is accessed through a web interface.
Charges are by the hour or per day / multiple day - about US$9 per day
--- this would be okay EXCEPT THEY CHARGE PER DEVICE!

So a typical businessman with a laptop, iPad and blackberry or iPhone would pay $27 per day.

How crazy is this?

Many other reviews also complain about this irritation so isn't it time the management did something about it?

(2)

Noisy rooms. The hotel has double glazing but the motorbike / car horn noise penetrates and disturbs sleep. The hotel should provide ear plugs as amenities.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you want to sleep. The hotel has double glazing but the sound of car horns and motorbikes is so loud it will keep you awake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Fermioza
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, from the convenient location of the hotel, to the friendliness of our staff.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. We are also aware that many guests use multiple devices when they stay with us and while we try to proactively remove duplicate charges for additional devices in advance of any guest departure, we clearly failed to do so on this occasion and I am professionally embarrassed for our shortcoming. I hope you will take the opportunity to contact me directly at the hotel, so I can have the duplicate charges credited back to you.

With regard to the street noise, I understand that between the working hours of 9am to 5pm during the week, there are times when loud motorbike horns and large engine vehicles are audible on the lower level street facing rooms, that said and if you contact me in advance of your next visit, I would be delighted to allocate you to a room on a higher floor or to a room facing away from the street.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Movenpick upon our return from Halong Bay. Although the rooms were lovely and comfortable, we just could not get over the fact that they were cheap enough to not provide wifi! Since we were 2 couples we were happy to take a wifi connection so that all of us could access the internet. But it seems they charge $9 per connection per instrument! In this day and age, it was shocking to know Movenpick's inconsiderate stand on wifi. We visited several restaurants and stayed at other 3 star hotels in Hanoi and ALL of them provided us with Wifi. Secondly, there was no element of service that touched us in anyway in our 2 night stay. It was very business like and no warmth at all. Not something that I can pinpoint but it was all just bland.
Thirdly, the rooms facing the street get a whole lot of traffic noise from 8am in the morning. It gets difficult to sleep with all the honking. Although we were on a higher floor, there was still enough noise to disturb us. Strange that a hotel of this stature, couldnt manage sound-proofing.
We chose to eat out in the old quarter rather than spend any additional money at Moevenpick.

Room Tip: Please avoid street facing rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aash27
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful to receive your positive comments regarding the quality of our guest rooms and I also appreciate your feedback regarding the internet service. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the service you received from my colleagues, while I understand it was not bad, it was also not exceptional and this is far below our standard and not in line with our core values of: quality, reliability and care with a personal touch. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and I will your share all your feedback with my team for future improvements.

Thank you again for your feedback again, we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Movenpick Hanoi just 4 stars which is good location near Old Quater about 10 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem lake.
The room is so nice, clean but lack bath tub. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is suitable for business man.
Just a walk from hotel is the Rooftop bar with a best view and lots of restaurants near here.

Room Tip: Go to the Rooftop bar
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding your positive interactions with my colleagues as well as the location of the hotel within the city. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the bathtubs and let you know that we do in fact have rooms which feature tubs with the rainforest shower or rooms with just a full walk in rain forest shower. I hope that you will reach out to me on your next visit so that I can ensure you receive a room with your preferred facilities.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.