“Dinner”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We booked a table at the window through our hotel which worked out perfectly. The food was excellent if you dare some interesting spice combinations. I liked it a lot. The rooms have seen better times and the waiters could be trained a bit better. However they were helpful enough. The food was very good value on money (we had the standard 3-course menu)

There are newer reviews for La Verticale

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived 15 minutes early at 6.45 and were seated in a small room with two other tables which were soon filled. We ordered the 6 course with wine. Service was non existent as I had to request that our wine be refilled on 3 occasions. After 2 1/2 hours we had made it to the 3rd course when my wife and I had enough. There were two large parties of 25+ which got better service with one group arriving 1 1/4 hours after we did and we were sacrificed in favor of the large group. I requested the general manager and after 10 minutes just before he arrived, the 4th course did also. I requested a bill and explained to him that by the time we would have been done with the meal it would have been over 4 hours for a meal that was old school. The environment was old, needs updating and painted. The food was good but not for the 150 UDS that I was charged for a 3 course. The 6 course would have been an additional 50 USD. The only nice part on our final night of a 3 week Asian trip was that they called a taxi for us. You can skip this one as better alternatives exist.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I went to la verticale despite reading some terrible reviews. Our son and daughter in law had had a good meal there a year ago. But we should have been warned. The food was lack lustre. The service was indifferent. And the rest room was stinking. In a city whee there is one wonderful place to eat after another, this was a real rip off. All the snootiness of a special place but nothing to show for it.

1  Thank RoaminggirlDelhi
Reviewed February 3, 2014

For a french chef, we expected something different...one complaint about the beef (which wasn't tender at all) was just not handled in the way you should expect from this kind of restaurant. As the unlucky one (for two of us the beef was just fine) didn't want a new one (because of the many starters), nor a coffee, we expected a little reduction of the price or some other offfer.....well this was not the case...It's a shame for this restaurant and the chef. Obviously he just doesn't care...

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely building, attentive staff and divine food. We had the six course tasting menu and it was vast we had to surrender half our main course but managed to rally and share two desserts between three of us. Worth a visit