“My second family” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #415 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
osaka hinano japan
“My second family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

Indochina like my second family.I’d stayed in there for 3 days with my friends.That’s really a wonderful holiday of us in Hanoi.The hotel staves are very friendly.All we can see on them are lovely smiles and devoted attendance.The rooms is very clean.The buffet breakfast is so great.Sitting on the 8th floor to eat breakfast, we can enjoy the beautiful landscape of Hanoi.Indochina is on 40-42 Lo Su,Hoan Kiem Dist,Hanoi.It’s crowded location of travelers for who wants to shopping or visit to ancient places. We took so many photos with the staves in there to save the great memories.I’ll never forget the days that we stayed there.That’s so beautiful!And we’re sure when we get the other chance to back to Hanoi, we will stay in your hotel.Thanks so much for helping us when we asked for!

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I have to tell you that until now I still remember clearly those memories.I’m with my lover held our wedding in Hanoi and we chose Indochina 2 Hotel is the place for relaxing and for enjoying the honeymoon trip.We stayed in there for a week.Location of hotel is on the ancient ward.The staffs in hotel are very friendly and considerate.When we came they gave us some ice-tea and water with ice because that’s hot day in Hanoi.We got a room for relaxing.That’s so convenient clean and very romantic,.We feel so comfortable when we relaxed on the bed and watched TV.The air was so good.And we’re so surprise with the buffet breakfast.It’s free!My happiness is got married with my lover.That became bigger and more wonderful when we stayed in this hotel.I really want to say thanks so much for caring of us.
Thanks!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had been their as an advice of a local friend, the hotel located right in the central of Hanoi, which is very convenient to travel around, I was easy walking to famous nearby places like Hoankiem lake, NgocSon pagoda, the ancient streets, etc.. What a great location i have to say!! You can enjoy Hanoi traditional foods without traveling too far, everything seems to be around it, only takes around 5 to 10 mins walking.
Staffs are really friendly, they helped me lots of things and even taught me some common Vietnamese's senses like: "Bao nhieu tien" which is How much,and "Xin Chao" which is hello lol..
I had buffer on lv 8 of the hotel, breakfasts were good and FREE. There is even an italian restaurant and you can enjoyed western food if local food doesnt taste you. Rooms are beautiful and well furnished. That was a great trip and I will come back here next year for sure.
You will have everything ready to enjoy a pleasure holiday

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
hongkong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2009

I've stayed at INDOCHINA II hotel for 3 days with my boyfriend. At the first moment I came in the lobby, a hotel staff welcome us with a lovely smile. It was a sunny day so they offer us a glass of water with ice. They asked us if we tired of weather or not. I feel very thankful for that caring.

On the last day I stay in Hanoi, the receptionist and sales person advise us how to protect myself against the very hot and humid climate in Saigon. They are so enthusiastic, helpful.

The breakfast is vey delicious. The chef and waitress explained us the way they cook Vietnamese food.

I want to say thank you for all of the hotel staff. LOVE U SO MUCH!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

Free FAST internet computer right there in your hotel room - pretty hard to beat. The unfortunate downside of this hotel was the obvious plumbing problems. On the night we checked in, another couple in my group discovered that their toilet was blocked and sewerage began to flow all over their bathroom floor. As the hotel was fully booked, the management said they couldn't move them to another room. The next night we stayed there they did get a different room, but had a similar problem and had to be moved again. I'm glad to say that the toilet in my room didn't get blocked until the morning we checked out! Apart from the toilet problems, the hotel wasn't bad. On the first night I had a room without a window, but on the second night I had a room with 2 windows - mind you, they looked out onto the false facade of the hotel, but at least they let in some natural light. The view from the breakfast room on the top floor was magnificent however! And the breakfast wasn't bad. The location is also great - right in the hustle and bustle of the old quarter - close to the lake and to many great restaurants. If you get a room without an internet computer, there is internet in the foyer, but it's incredibly slow. The laundry service was good though - my clothes came back smelling great.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tina C
Adelaide, South Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

Breakfast in the top floor restaurant was excellent. Location within the Old Quarter was excellent - just 1-2 mins direct walk to Hoan Kiem Lake.
Unfortunately, having booked this hotel under the name of ASIA HOUSE HOTEL per Asia Rooms and requested an airport pickup, we became entangled in a hotel scam! Unless you are travelling within a tour group do not rely on the information given and only use Mai Linh Taxi Services throughout Viet Nam.
Picked up by Mr Phi, we were taken to the Sunrise Hotel and informed Indochina II Hotel was being upgraded and not open for (funnily) the exact days we had booked. Sunrise Hotel has no lift, dining room or kitchen but you will be told it is superior to Indochina II. By midnight we (2 ladies) had had enough of Mr Phi and the dirty, shoddy, broken down Sunrise Hotel and requested he find us another hotel. Eventually we were taken to the Indochina II Hotel and told it was much more expensive per night than we had booked. After one day we suddenly realised this WAS the hotel we had booked online and had decided we were not going to pay the inflated price given by Mr Phi; we were given 2 comfortable, spacious rooms for the night and were requested to advise if we wished to stay on. Each morning we were asked for our keys but steadfastly refused to hand them over - we liked our rooms and were going to keep them! Staff for the most part were accommodating, but Mr Phi had given us a bad rap and who were they to know differently.
Check-out day was traumatic but we had arranged for a confirmation email to be sent to a Hotmail account (don't rely on accessing BigPond accounts in Viet Nam). Mr Loi and his staff eventually relented once shown the confirmation but still telephoned Mr Phi to alert him we were not paying the inflated price - let's just say he was not impressed and we hightailed it outta there!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tili_9
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

- The hotel is nice, with magnificent architecture that blends Indochina splendor to create a memorable experience.
Check-in is after 12noon and we checked in a little before 10am, our room was ready and we got an upgrade, reception was quick and efficient.
The rooms are big, with everything you could want, nice comfort bed, huge plasma screen, desk area, free internet, lounge area, huge bathroom with separate bath and shower, butler service, balcony with views of city.
We ate at the Italian restaurant near by the hotel and I have to say it’s very reasonable, and not over priced as you may expect it to be. The food and service were great, the chef even made me a starter that wasn t on the menu! And around the hotel, you can find many souvenir shop that can buy and save “a little Hanoi”
I cannot say a bad thing about our experience at Indochina hotel, it was the just the best, and we will be going back next year.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple